What's new

Tutorial Want to mod in MatchMaking past the update? Here is how!

• Thread starter ForrrestMaster
  • Start date
  • Views 26,770
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

legendary xH2x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just wanna mod the old maps so i dont have to tell my friends that i suck at old maps and only good at the new ones ive tried the make your own disc sh** but it does not work i dont know what im doing wrong is there anyway that you can mod the old maps without so much confuision :?

David5534

David5534

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
The only way to mod old maps on xbl is with a modded disk.

Scare Croe

Scare Croe

Premium
Premium
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Seriously, There is not Nearly as many people on Halo 2 as there used to be. Everyone is cought up in H3. So if you still need to mod Halo 2... you should stop playing the halo games. Just me, but I think that halo2 s WAY easier than it used to be. Theres no way to get passed the Update, at least for us non knowledgable folk, and the people that know how to, wont tell.
get used to it.

C

Cosac17

Reaction score
Sin$
this forrum looks dead but i have to say it anyway:

i agree completly with Forrestmaster
bungie is made of genuises and there no way you geting past

F

ForrrestMaster

The forum is alive, this thread is sorta dead. But bungie isnt full of geniuses, why do you think they have had so many patches and updates? lol

M

mikev09

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
i have a small theory on how to mod in matchmaking
i noticed when you resign a clean map in any map resigner it gives you"CD CD CD CD" over and over again when your resigning it
and when you resign a modded map it gives you like "w3f445676" while resigning the map
if you could give your modded map the same sig as the clean map i pretty sure you can mod in matchmaking
the thing is i dont know how to do that
so if all us modders put our heads together we can find out a way to do that
and now that halo 3 modding has been stopped by bungie i think most of the halo 3 modders will come back to halo 2 modding(im not entirely sure so dont flame me for this)

p.s. ill get images later probly in the morning

Scare Croe

Scare Croe

Premium
Premium
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
mikev09 said:
i noticed when you resign a clean map in any map resigner it gives you"CD CD CD CD" over and over again when your resigning it
and when you resign a modded map it gives you like "w3f445676" while resigning the map
if you could give your modded map the same sig as the clean map i pretty sure you can mod in matchmaking
and now that halo 3 modding has been stopped by bungie i think most of the halo 3 modders will come back to halo 2 modding(im not entirely sure so dont flame me for this)

when you resign a modded map, it changes the Signature back to the clean map signature, thats why you can load the modded maps and mod Custom games and such. when you go on matchmaking however bungie doesnt read the signature, it reads the Content of the Map and Compares it to that of a clean map, if something is out of wack then you get booted. At least thats how I understand it to work, I could also be wrong.

As for halo 3 modding, bungie only put a delay in it, and now resigners and rehashers are popping up all over the net again with the new Keyvaults.:thumbup:

David5534

David5534

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
mikev09 said:

Not even close and btw resigning does change the sig of the modded map back to the sig of the clean map.

Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Scare Croe said:
when you resign a modded map, it changes the Signature back to the clean map signature, thats why you can load the modded maps and mod Custom games and such. when you go on matchmaking however bungie doesnt read the signature, it reads the Content of the Map and Compares it to that of a clean map, if something is out of wack then you get booted. At least thats how I understand it to work, I could also be wrong.

As for halo 3 modding, bungie only put a delay in it, and now resigners and rehashers are popping up all over the net again with the new Keyvaults.:thumbup:

I don't understand why people still want to mod Halo 3, you just put stuff on a map that shouldn't be there. Has modding gotten any better than that and modding Videos Yet?

K

Kalisthetics5569

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I know how to mod in mm...

Bungie reads the content of the "MAP" not anything else........ :wink:

GH05T BUST3RsV2

GH05T BUST3RsV2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
u no there is a patch that works right 10 people have and not releasing it

F

ForrrestMaster

we already went through the whole patch thing.

• So if you patched it to remove the checks,...
  • It would be altered and need to be resigned.
  • There is no resigner out for .xbe or else you wouldnt need an xbox to run unsigned code. That key is held by microsoft, and is used for xbox and 360, so if we had that, we could do anything...
How about read first.

C

Cosac17

Reaction score
Sin$
the only way u can mod in MM is if the people that know give away the secret
and they're not going to do that untill xbox live for halo 2 shutsdown

i think forestmaster said this once or twice but u guys only want to mod in MM to increase the size of ur E-Penis
so stop trying

C

Cosac17

Reaction score
Sin$
i also saw someone say they turned down so many bribes that
if they accepted they'ed be rich

so stop bribing too
its really annoying
:cursing:

F

FREAKYCAT101

Reaction score
Sin$
ur logic is flawed what u say does make sense mostly *for new maps that u have to download* but they cant really regulate what happens with the old maps because u cant re download them they have to go with the factory settings that came with the pre loaded maps with the disk i can mod old maps in matchmaking i figured it out 2 days ago and i will share the rest of the way to do it just send x chad rul3z x a friend request or pm me its more simple then u know laterz:cool:

F

ForrrestMaster

FREAKYCAT101 said:
ur logic is flawed what u say does make sense mostly *for new maps that u have to download* but they cant really regulate what happens with the old maps because u cant re download them they have to go with the factory settings that came with the pre loaded maps with the disk i can mod old maps in matchmaking i figured it out 2 days ago and i will share the rest of the way to do it just send x chad rul3z x a friend request or pm me its more simple then u know laterz:cool:

So your saying that if you delete the updates you can mod the old maps? But you cant connect to xbl without the updates. Your stupid, and you have no idea what you are talking about. The update checks the old maps as well as the new maps.

F

FREAKYCAT101

Reaction score
Sin$
actually u read that wrong and dont get me wrong im not trying to start an argument, true if u erase the updates u cant play but there are no updates for old maps i never said erase the the overall updates that would b retarded just reconfigure the factory settings that come with the game and reburn yourself a new masked disk i have acutally already done it so i know its possible bro i'll prove it if you'd like and please try not to insult people just trying to spark a little conversation mr. moderator

F

ForrrestMaster

The newest update checks all the maps. Not just the new maps, the old ones too.

And reconfig what? Did I already go over that you cant edit any of the .xbe's because the signature will be broken and therefor not load?

F

FREAKYCAT101

Reaction score
Sin$
dude have u ever modded old maps u can mask the sig to look the same and the updates dont pick up nething past what the old factory set stuff picked up and did u not see the part where i said ive already done it and no the updates r for the new downloadable stuff if u have clean new maps ur good but the checks for old maps come from the disk and when u mask that factory set stuff ur home free ill b glad to prove it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register