Not open for further replies.
Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
PS3.png

What is a Jailbroken PS3?

It is a PS3 with a custom firmware installed which allows unauthorized code execution so you can run homebrew apps. It bypasses a system security check using a memory exploit which occurs with USB devices that allows the execution of unsigned code.

What are the advantages and disadvantages
of having a Jailbroken PS3?

Advantages:

You can backup your game discs in PS3 built in storage. No need to worry about changing discs all the time whenever you want to load a new game. Also the game loads very faster than when loading from disc. In most citys PS3 games are available for renting, you can rent and copy the disc onto your PS3 or you can download them online and transfer it to your Ps3.

MKV format does not need any introduction for the movie lovers. The main drawback for PS3 is it can't play MKV videos. Showtime is a app for Jailbroken PS3's, it can play 1080p HD videos.

If you are a developer you can do magic with PS3 Linux (Ubuntu) can be installed on PS3.

Disadvantages:

The main disadvantage of PS3 Jailbreak is going online, there is a chance of being banned off of the PSN. You can unban yourself but you will have to buy a new console I.D.

If you have a Jailbroken PS3 you cant update it to latest the original firmware, because the latest original firmware replaces the Jailbroken custom firmware and removes the Jailbreak. PS3 firmware regularly updates to patch Jailbreak custom firmware to stop the service, so when this happens you are stuck waiting for the custom firmware update to match the original firmware update.

On a Jailbroken PS3 you can't access the Playstation Plus service.

***EDIT PS PLUS CAN BE ACCESSED IF YOU ARE ON A PS3ITA DEX CONSOLE***

What is the difference between CEX and DEX?

CEX is what all retail models come on, it is what you are used to seeing when you play your PS3, and I highly recommend that if you are completely new to modding that you stay with it until you are comfortable using your Jailbroken console. You CAN still RTM using CEX, RTM mod tools are actually easier to connect to CEX.

DEX to put simply is developer firmware. It is also good if you want to learn more about programming tools.

How do I know if I am able to downgrade my PS3?

The easiest way is to download Minimum Version Checker here is the file http://www.mediafire.com/download/l0061hcdavwmsb9/MinVerChk.rar you will see a "PS3UPDAT.PUP" file. Put that file in a folder named "UPDATE" and that folder in another folder named "PS3", now move the "PS3" folder to the root of your USB. Then go the "Settings" tab on your PS3, and click on "System Update". Choose "Update via Storage Media". It will detect your PS3 update as a "Version Check by Ifcaro" click "OK"
After it says "Please wait..." for a couple of second it will tell you your PS3 base firmware, as long as it says 3.55 or lower you are good to go!

How do I Jailbreak/Downgrade my PS3
without an E3 Flasher?

You can't! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TO JAILBREAK A PS3 THAT IS ON OFW 3.56 OR HIGHER You have to have a hardware device such as an e3 Flasher, Progskeet, or Teensy to be able to downgrade your console to OFW 3.55 there is NO other way to do it.

Where do I buy an E3 Flasher?

This site is 100% Legit and is where I have ordered my E3 Flasher and extra clips from
www.modchipcentral.com

How do i downgrade and Jailbreak my PS3
with an E3 Flasher?

***I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DAMAGE OR CAUSE YOUR CONSOLE TO GO INTO A SEMI OR COMPLETELY BRICKED STATE, YOU ARE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!***

Please refer to this video, it will show you how to Flash your NOR chip and downgrade your PS3 without the use of an ESATA station or FSM dongle.

How do I convert my CEX console into a DEX console?
***I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DAMAGE OR CAUSE YOUR CONSOLE TO GO INTO A SEMI OR COMPLETELY BRICKED STATE, YOU ARE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!***

Alright so you successfully flashed and downgraded your console using the E3 Flasher, now you need to do these steps; Install Rebug 999 Downgrader, then install QA toggle, and finally after you QA toggle install Rebug 3.55.4. Once you have done all of these steps refer to this video to take you through the DEX process.

How do I spoof my Rogero 4.55 CFW to 4.66 to play online?

Alright so Sony released there new OFW 4.66 and now everyone is waiting on the new CFW's to come out to match the OFW. Well until that happens you will need to spoof your console into thinking that it is on 4.66. To do this you will need to download the file from this link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2...MOD466_00-0000000000000000-A0104-V0100-PE.pkg
Once you have downloaded it take the package file and put it on the root of your USB and plug it into your PS3, install the package file, click on the new app, then click "Activate Spoofer" once you do this you will be returned back to your XMB, go to your system info, it should now say 4.66. You are now able to sign into PSN and play online.

How do I downgrade from Rogero 4.55 to 3.55?

1. Install Rogero or Rebug 999 Downgrader
  2. Install QA Toggle (if you already have it installed then skip this step)
  3. Enable your QA Toggle
  4. Install Rogero 3.55 CEX CFW v3.7
  5. Install whatever CFW you would like over the 3.55
All of the files you will need to do this if you do not already have them are at the bottom of this thread in the download section.

How to install a firmware update?

Installing a firmware is very simple, to do this you will need a USB, and the firmware of your choice.

First plug your USB into your PC and open the folder.

Create a folder called PS3
Inside the PS3 folder create another folder called UPDATE
Then copy the firmware of your choice into the PS3UPDATE folder. The firmware file should be called PS3UPDAT.PUP

How to use FTP to transfer files to your PS3?

Before starting you will need to install Filezilla on your PC:

http://download.cnet.com/FileZilla/3000-2160_4-10308966.html

You can do this on any CFW, you will need a app such as multiMan, Rebug toolbox, or Blackb0x. This tut is the same for all 3 apps. First you will need your PC and PS3 both connected to your router via ethernet cable. Then on your PS3 go to your network settings, setting and connection status list. take a note of your I.P. address. Now open one of the apps I mentioned above. Stay on the main screen of the app.

Go back to your PC and open the Filezilla client. In the top left there are some boxes, type your I.P. into the host box then click quick connect.

You are now connected to your PS3, you should be able to see all your PS3 folders and now you can just drag and drop files to your PS3.

How to transfer pirated games onto your PS3?

Once you have downloaded your game, you should have a folder similar to this "BLUS31270-[Call of Duty Ghosts]" It may be slightly different. but as long as there's another folder inside this called "PS3_GAME" your fine.

If you downloaded the game and you have been left with a rar file, you will need to extract it before moving on with the tut.

To transfer your games you will need a software on your PC called Filezilla, once you have installed it open it, now move onto your PS3 and open multiMan. Go to the left to system info, it will show your I.P. address. Type your I.P. into Filezilla in the top left where it says host. Then click connect.

It will now show all the folders on your ps3, double click dev_hdd0, you now should see a folder called 'GAMES'. If you don't you will need to make the folder. Now transfer your downloaded game into the GAMES folder.

It will take a little while, once finished. On multiMan go to the games row, at the top it will say refresh. click it. now your game should pop up.

Press square on it. in the bottom left you will see a box with some options in it, click internal hd and bd mirror. Press o.

Make sure you have a disc in the PS3, now click the game you just transferred in multiMan it will take you back to the XMB, go to where your game disc normally is. you will now see its the game you just downloaded start the game and enjoy :smile:.

****If it takes you to a black screen, you will need to update the game.****

How to update your pirated games?

Its very easy updates your games, the updates come in the form of pkg files.

Before we start we will need to find what your game I.D is. Go into multiMan and press square on the game you want to update.

You should now see a screen like this
wNgYp3g.png

The part I have circled is where the game I.D. is my I.D. is BLUS31270.

Now you have the I.D. you will need to find your games update on Google. You can type something like this blus31270 update pkg 1.xx you will need to change the xx to what ever the latest update of you game is. e.g 1.06

Once you have found you update and have downloaded you should now have a file like this.
UP0002-BLUS31270_00-CALLDUTYGHOSTTU1-A0106-V0100-PE.pkg

Copy the file onto your USB then plug the USB into your PS3.

Now on the XMB menu click on install packages and install the file.

Now your game is updated you can start it up and enjoy :smile:

Setting up your PS3 & PC to RTM:

A lot of people jump right into RTM without setting there PS3 up first.

You need to have your PS3 connected to the internet by one of these two ways.
F8Mq7TY.png

First is to have a ethernet cable going from your PS3 to your router, and another cable going from your PC to your router.

The second way is to have a ethernet cable going from your PC to your PS3, you can only do this if your PC is wireless. If you want to use this method you will need to bridge your connections on your PC. To do this go Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and sharing center. On the side bar click network adapter settings. Highlight the local and wireless connections, right click and click bridge. If you can connect online on your ps3 you did it right.

If you are on DEX you will need to go settings > debug settings > network settings for debug and make sure its set to single settings.

How to RTM on CEX:

RTM on CEX is simple, first you will need to download this file:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/82daazd0widv50c/CcApi_package_2.60_Rev7.rar

Once downloaded open the rar file and copy the
XX0001-ENSTONEXX_00-00000000000CCAPIv2.60_Rev7.pkg file onto your USB.

Now plug the USB into your PS3 and install the package file.

You will now have a app called CCAPI, click on it and click OK/Yes on all the options. After it will reboot your PS3

You are now done just start the game of your choice and on your RTM tool click the CEX option and type your ps3 I.P. into it and connect. Once on the game click attach. You can now use the tool.

How to get online and RTM on a DEX console:

Now if you are on DEX CFW and are wanting to RTM online then you will need to watch the following video and make sure you have your settings on your console set exactly as he does.

How to connect to PSN on PS3ita v4.50:

Okay so you will need to go into PS3ita Manager, press start, click on network tools, click on restore console ID, press okay, then press the PS button, "quit game", now you are able to sign into PSN and play online. Please use caution when modding online on a DEX console it is VERY easy to be console ID banned, and yes you can unban yourself but you will still be having to pay for a new private CID.

How to Unban Your PS3 Console:

Alright so you have messed around and got your console ID banned. Well Wolf Wolf has created an awesome tut on how to unban yourself HERE. Please follow his instructions exactly and you will be back to gaming in no time!

Apps and Tools:

DEX CFW:

Mega Firmware Thread by Wolf Wolf

For another awesome Jailbreak thread that also includes info on how to use the Progskeet to Downgrade and Jailbreak NAND consoles, and how to install ODE's please refer to Wolf Wolf 's thread below.

How to keep your console from having YLOD by Respect_Cartman

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghost Walking

Ghost Walking

Oh hi Amy Lee.
Reaction score
Sin$
You can update games from MultiMan itself.

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
Updated with DEX CFW, Samsung upadate for e3 Flasher, Min Version Checker, and a few tools. Hope this helps you guys out! :smile:

Last edited:
Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
Updated with a new link for Rogero 4.55 v1.00 :smile:

31IT3INV4SI0N

31IT3INV4SI0N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If I use a DEX CFW PS3ITA 4.50 will I still be able to go online? Since I ordered one and its coming in soon so I was wondering if I can still go online or need to wait for a 4.55 DEX..

Wolf

Wolf

Zombies :D
Retired
Sinner 7th Anniversary Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
If I use a DEX CFW PS3ITA 4.50 will I still be able to go online? Since I ordered one and its coming in soon so I was wondering if I can still go online or need to wait for a 4.55 DEX..
Yes you can you will just need a spoofer.

31IT3INV4SI0N

31IT3INV4SI0N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes you can you will just need a spoofer.
Will I still be on the ITA DEX though? Also could you tell what I need to do for when it comes? But yeah I just hope I could still run all the apps it will have on it and still have all the same features the DEX would have..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register