• Start date
  • Views 355,806
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DragonCake

Reaction score
Sin$
Can someone post a step by step guide on how to downgrade using e3 flasher and jailbreak PS3 without screwing it up

Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran MotM Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
Can someone post a step by step guide on how to downgrade using e3 flasher and jailbreak PS3 without screwing it up
Just follow that video about the e3 flasher in the thread step by step slow and carefully. You can also go here if you don't to screw your ps3 up.

mad_matty247

mad_matty247

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I followed that step by step and whe I turn my ps3 back on I get it saying lease install 4.60 firmware or higher have I done some thing wrong? cheers

M

MARSCUB

Reaction score
Sin$
I have Multiman and about to install stealth add on. Not able to do ccapi, going to stick with in game mod menus. I also still have to find download of game, because my bluray doesn't work.

MegatronDemon25

MegatronDemon25

All Hail Megatron
Reaction score
Sin$
I have Multiman and about to install stealth add on. Not able to do ccapi, going to stick with in game mod menus. I also still have to find download of game, because my bluray doesn't work.
how did u spoof?

M

MARSCUB

Reaction score
Sin$
Can I download a legit purchased digital copy of GTA 5 from PS Store on a jailbroke system?

mortalmadness

mortalmadness

COD GTA5 | PSN Support
Reaction score
Sin$
Can I download a legit purchased digital copy of GTA 5 from PS Store on a jailbroke system?
You run a huge risk on bricking your console trying to get to the ps store

M

MARSCUB

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, i have the download. Since the GTA torrent is in 6 different packages, can i move them one at a time? Or do i have to move them all at once?

ale gomez

ale gomez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Reaper you can update the spoofer ... arch released a 4.70 spoofer. :smile:

R

redegenerated

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, i just read the thread of Wolf and this one. Now my ideas are more clear and i already got an E3 flasher.
I have veified that i can downgrade my ps3 (2504a), right now on 4.70 OFW. I want to go CEX.
I have a couple of question to start....

Which is the best CEX choise today? could i have any mayor problem with the coming soon heist update?

Is the procedure discussed in the video in the first page still valid these days? I understand that the files i need are all updated in the first page too.

after i finish with the downgrade, shuld i remove all the E3 parts and reassemble the standard ps3? or i leave it with E3? what about the aluminium plate supporting the motherboard? all the videos end up with the ps3 made apart and i'm a bit lost at this point....

one more, what is dual booting?

thanks for the help :smile:

V

VvRaynevV

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi i read through alot of this thread and i have yet to confirm something. A lot of threads say you need a flasher hardware of some kind to downgrade if you are past 3.55 OFW as a base firmware. I have a CECHK01 with a base of 2.16, i checked it with the MINVARCHK file you posted.
My question, so i know once and for all. is there a software option to downgrade to 3.55OFW so i can start jailbreaking or do i really have to pay for a hardware flasher like E3 to do it? The tutorial wasnt really clear on that part for me.

golizzard

golizzard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi i read through alot of this thread and i have yet to confirm something. A lot of threads say you need a flasher hardware of some kind to downgrade if you are past 3.55 OFW as a base firmware. I have a CECHK01 with a base of 2.16, i checked it with the MINVARCHK file you posted.
My question, so i know once and for all. is there a software option to downgrade to 3.55OFW so i can start jailbreaking or do i really have to pay for a hardware flasher like E3 to do it? The tutorial wasnt really clear on that part for me.

you must have the e3 flasher.

golizzard

golizzard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, i just read the thread of Wolf and this one. Now my ideas are more clear and i already got an E3 flasher.
I have veified that i can downgrade my ps3 (2504a), right now on 4.70 OFW. I want to go CEX.
I have a couple of question to start....

Which is the best CEX choise today? could i have any mayor problem with the coming soon heist update?

Is the procedure discussed in the video in the first page still valid these days? I understand that the files i need are all updated in the first page too.

after i finish with the downgrade, shuld i remove all the E3 parts and reassemble the standard ps3? or i leave it with E3? what about the aluminium plate supporting the motherboard? all the videos end up with the ps3 made apart and i'm a bit lost at this point....

one more, what is dual booting?

thanks for the help :smile:
Dual booting let's you boot two separate firmwares (one at a time). So if you turned on your PlayStation you could choose between ofw and cec. . .or cex and dex. . . . Or any combination you could think of.

As of this post habib 4.66. (That could change tomorrow)

I use the aluminum backing for the motherboard to protect from shorting, also I use the aluminum plate that came with the e3 flasher as well. I did cut a small piece of the cover for the mother board so that the ribbon cable can easily slide into the hard drive slot. (super easy peasy once I did that)

as long as you use the Samsung update for the e3 flasher you can take out the e3 flasher when you're finished.

If there is a 4.70 tool checker then use it. Otherwise use the 4.66 one.
(The 4.66 will give you a couple bad checks because it will not recognize the new edition of file. it's a gamble but really what you're looking for is to make sure the whole damn thing is not red)

Ok last but not least read the entire thread. you can learn a lot from other peoples mistakes. even if it's not clear to you now it will be once you run into the problem. /// I have posted on this thread with the resources that I used to successfully do mine. it should be helpful in your endeavor.

R

redegenerated

Reaction score
Sin$
thank you for the suggestions!
yes, i read all the thread (and a lot of more :wink: )and i saw your post with the videos...unfotunatelly i can not open them (blocked in my country (spain)).

well i think i will give a try during this week end.
once i downgraded, what do i need to go only in GTA V? a spoofer if i'm on 4.66 and the followin are just enought?
PSNPatch
PSNinja
multiman
ccapi for RTM
mod menu (any suggestion here?, i see you are gta fan too)

all those program must be activated/lunched every time i want to play online or just one time?
i don't understand if i can log in in psn these days and what i need to do to not risk ban....

thank you again :wink:

Modded_Hero2

Modded_Hero2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I suggest pyrosk mod menu to use with ccapi, but the real fun mods are the scripts menus by kris. The RTM is way easier and probably best to start with. I found those on NGU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register