• Thread starter Pianist Prodigy
  • Start date
  • Views 119,641
StAbIlO

StAbIlO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi se7ensins... I have a problem. My brother borrowed my ps3 and have upgraded my PS3 to 4.76 how do I get it downgraded ... I ran with multiman and have had the downgraded before but after he borrowed my ps3 is all my stuff away from the machine

Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran MotM Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
Thread Updated Added: Rebug 4.76 Lite Edition (CEX) thanks to Reaper for telling me :smile:

Last edited:
Acro

Acro

**Insert badass text here**
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey Pianist, As you know a week or so I mentioned that I ordered a E3 Flasher after my other PS3 broke and I needed help and you directed me to "HackedTutorials" How To Downgrade which helped a lot and VERY EASY to understand. So basically I have downgraded and installed 3.55 Rodrego Downgrader and since I had help the last time I did a downgrade by myself I'm just confused now and a lot of tuts on youtube don't make sense to me. So what I'm wondering is..do I just install a CFW now or do install something like Kemeaw
3.55?

Thanks
Michael

Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey Pianist, As you know a week or so I mentioned that I ordered a E3 Flasher after my other PS3 broke and I needed help and you directed me to "HackedTutorials" How To Downgrade which helped a lot and VERY EASY to understand. So basically I have downgraded and installed 3.55 Rodrego Downgrader and since I had help the last time I did a downgrade by myself I'm just confused now and a lot of tuts on youtube don't make sense to me. So what I'm wondering is..do I just install a CFW now or do install something like Kemeaw
3.55?

Thanks
Michael
Install Rogero 3.55 OFW then Install Rebug 4.76 Lite Edition.

Acro

Acro

**Insert badass text here**
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea I got the 3.55 OFW of a thread:smile:, I'm jail broke again. Thanks Pianist. You are always a great help!

D

Digistyle

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, I have a PS3 Fat that I installed the Kmeaw 3.55 CFW over the 3.55 OFW using an e3 usb stick back around 2010-2011. I have been out the JB scene for awhile now, but my son is 8 and really into it now. So I dusted off the JB PS3 and everything works fine. I have multiman v4.04(a very outdated version no doubt lol) and all the back ups I have on int/ext hard drives work and play. The thing is my son obviously wants to play newer games so I need the latest CFW installed or spoof to allow. I have been reading forums for the past couple weeks to get up to speed on all the things that have changed in the past 5-6 years. I have read tuts from wolf and reaper as well as 30 pages of replies by other posters on their tuts that has led me here for downloads to update my JB to the latest. I have seen so many different people suggested so many different CFW but also whether to go cex,dex,rex. From what I have been reading the majority seems to suggest rebug 4.76.1 It seems. What is your opinion on CFW. The main goals would be to allow my son to play and back up the latest games. There was not much software modding going on back in 2010-11 when I was doing it, but it is no doubt something I would like to be able to do for him. We do have a PS3 slim non-JB and PS4 so he has options for going online and playing without fear of being banned. But I would like a CFW that if he does go online(accidentally, play online, or for some other unforeseen reason he may need to) it will have less likelihood of being banned. I bring that point up because I think I read some can't or if you do then most certainly you will get banned like DEX, is that correct? Sorry for the long post but wanted to give you as much info as possible. So any suggestions on which CFW to use that will install over my Kmeaw 3.55?
Thanks in Advance.

Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, I have a PS3 Fat that I installed the Kmeaw 3.55 CFW over the 3.55 OFW using an e3 usb stick back around 2010-2011. I have been out the JB scene for awhile now, but my son is 8 and really into it now. So I dusted off the JB PS3 and everything works fine. I have multiman v4.04(a very outdated version no doubt lol) and all the back ups I have on int/ext hard drives work and play. The thing is my son obviously wants to play newer games so I need the latest CFW installed or spoof to allow. I have been reading forums for the past couple weeks to get up to speed on all the things that have changed in the past 5-6 years. I have read tuts from wolf and reaper as well as 30 pages of replies by other posters on their tuts that has led me here for downloads to update my JB to the latest. I have seen so many different people suggested so many different CFW but also whether to go cex,dex,rex. From what I have been reading the majority seems to suggest rebug 4.76.1 It seems. What is your opinion on CFW. The main goals would be to allow my son to play and back up the latest games. There was not much software modding going on back in 2010-11 when I was doing it, but it is no doubt something I would like to be able to do for him. We do have a PS3 slim non-JB and PS4 so he has options for going online and playing without fear of being banned. But I would like a CFW that if he does go online(accidentally, play online, or for some other unforeseen reason he may need to) it will have less likelihood of being banned. I bring that point up because I think I read some can't or if you do then most certainly you will get banned like DEX, is that correct? Sorry for the long post but wanted to give you as much info as possible. So any suggestions on which CFW to use that will install over my Kmeaw 3.55?
Thanks in Advance.
Install Rebug 4.76.1 REX because it's best CFW among the other CFW. So, just click page 1 on this thread and download Rebug 4.76.1 REX

D

Digistyle

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the quick reply. I can just update over the CFW I have now correct? No need to have to use 999 downgrader or anything else first right? Also should I use the latest multiman or should I be using webman? What's the main difference?

Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the quick reply. I can just update over the CFW I have now correct? No need to have to use 999 downgrader or anything else first right? Also should I use the latest multiman or should I be using webman? What's the main difference?
As long you're on 3.55 OFW or if you on a CFW before 4.76 or on a CFW 4.76 you can update to Rebug 4.76.1 REX and you should go to page 1 of my thread, download and install Multiman 4.76 too. And well I'm not sure I just know they both are managers where you can back up games on there, and I never use Webman just Multiman 4.76 and Irisman 3.50.6

D

Digistyle

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok thanks again for all the help. I have the downloads and will let you know how everything goes. Do the downloads or any file checksums need to be verified before I try installing the files?

D

Digistyle

Reaction score
Sin$
Rebug installed fine and settings shows 4.76 so I went into package manager and installed multiman 4.76 but every time I start multiman it says your installation of multiman install is incomplete. Please install base or full version. I hit X for OK and see my backups but none will play now just black screen. When I restart MM it says the same install incomplete. Any ideas?

Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Rebug installed fine and settings shows 4.76 so I went into package manager and installed multiman 4.76 but every time I start multiman it says your installation of multiman install is incomplete. Please install base or full version. I hit X for OK and see my backups but none will play now just black screen. When I restart MM it says the same install incomplete. Any ideas?
Eh I'm not sure why it does that :/ did you delete the other one you on the PS3? if not delete it then try installing MM 4.76 if it doesn't work then try to install MM 4.75

StAbIlO

StAbIlO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Pianist. thx for your help in PM.. im on ofw/cfw 3.55 now. but when i try to update it to cfw 4.76 its says the data is corrupt.. But i have multiman 4.76 and my system OFW is 3.55 (if i look under multiman) when i go back to xbm systemsettings - system information its says 3.55 ??? i have tryed 3 different update but it wont let me update
on the start screen on ps3 its says - Rogero 3.55 Downgrader- When i follow any tot it wont let me update the Firmware

Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Pianist. thx for your help in PM.. im on ofw/cfw 3.55 now. but when i try to update it to cfw 4.76 its says the data is corrupt.. But i have multiman 4.76 and my system OFW is 3.55 (if i look under multiman) when i go back to xbm systemsettings - system information its says 3.55 ??? i have tryed 3 different update but it wont let me update
on the start screen on ps3 its says - Rogero 3.55 Downgrader- When i follow any tot it wont let me update the Firmware
Try to install 3.55 OFW then go to recovery mode and install Rebug 4.76.1 REX

D

Digistyle

Reaction score
Sin$
Pianist,
Yes I deleted the original 4.04 MM first then installed the one from the first page. I am not sure if it didn't download fully or what, but after several failed attempts I downloaded MM again and it worked first try. I think I saw a download for base and an update for the MM? If so maybe I installed the update and not the base. Either way It's working now. Thanks again and I really appreciate all your help.

lexy2117

lexy2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hello, sry is this is a noob question,
but does anyone know how to fix this im on 4.76.1 rex
and i trying to go online yes i used psn ninja and the other tools, but when I click sign in/ sign up it says i need to update to the latest firmware i am on the latest what should i do? any fixes ? i looked around all day can't find anyone with the same issue

Top Bottom
Login
Register