What's new

Discussion Unlimited Golden Key Glitch on Next Gen?

• Thread starter Wavy
  • Start date
  • Views 13,176
Wavy

Wavy

Content Creator
Retired
Platinum Record Video Connoisseur Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Does anyone know if this works for Xbox One? I plan on testing it later. I need to find a 3.0 USB external device first. My first reaction to this was that I thought Xbox One could not move saved game files to different storage units and such? Like the description says, "First, copy the saved game file for the primary profile (player one) on which you would like to use a Golden Key but not lose it to the USB flash drive." Which I thought was not possible, but is it?

Infinite Golden Keys

Note: This glitch requires two controllers, two accounts (any type), a USB flash drive, and Golden Key.

First, copy the saved game file for the primary profile (player one) on which you would like to use a Golden Key but not lose it to the USB flash drive. It is recommended the saved game file last be saved in Sanctuary so you are near the Golden Loot chest when you load the saved game, making the process quicker. The second profile (player two) is only going to hold the items and must have their save game file and profile on a different storage device like the hard drive, but make sure it is not stored on the flash drive where the primary profile is stored for player one. Next, start the game, and choose to load from the flash drive where player one's profile was copied. Then, have player two join using a separate profile stored on a different storage device, making sure player one is the host. Once both players are in Sanctuary, remove the flash drive that player one's saved game was loaded from. You will then be prompted with a notification that further progress will not be saved unless you choose a new storage device. Do not choose a new storage device; just choose to continue. Then, have player one open the Golden Loot chest. The chest will contain two rare purple weapons, one rare purple rocket launcher, two rare purple shields, or two rare purple mods. Have player two grab the loot, and then have player two choose the "Save and Leave Game" option. Once player two has left the game, have player one quit the game without saving by signing out of your profile, going to the dashboard, or resetting the system. When player one's profile is loaded again, a Golden Key will not have been used. Load both profiles, have player two give player one all the loot, and save. Repeat this as many times as desired.

Source: http://www.cheatcc.com/xboxone/borderlandsthehandsomecollectioncheatscodes.html#ixzz3W3OQLsgX

Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Does anyone know if this works for Xbox One? I plan on testing it later. I need to find a 3.0 USB external device first. My first reaction to this was that I thought Xbox One could not move saved game files to different storage units and such? Like the description says, "First, copy the saved game file for the primary profile (player one) on which you would like to use a Golden Key but not lose it to the USB flash drive." Which I thought was not possible, but is it?

Infinite Golden Keys

Source: http://www.cheatcc.com/xboxone/borderlandsthehandsomecollectioncheatscodes.html#ixzz3W3OQLsgX
I'm not sure if it works or not, but as far as I know, you can't use a USB to transfer a save. In my opinion, it is not worth the hassle anyway. If you would like 500 purple items, just have someone join your game an drop some. Or you can easily have someone recover your account and add a save to your X1 containing more stuff than you can use. Safer, quicker and most definitely more worth the time. :smile: (I wish you luck with your test, please let us know what you find out! :smile:)

Wavy

Wavy

Content Creator
Retired
Platinum Record Video Connoisseur Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not sure if it works or not, but as far as I know, you can't use a USB to transfer a save. In my opinion, it is not worth the hassle anyway. If you would like 500 purple items, just have someone join your game an drop some. Or you can easily have someone recover your account and add a save to your X1 containing more stuff than you can use. Safer, quicker and most definitely more worth the time. :smile: (I wish you luck with your test, please let us know what you find out! :smile:)
My theory is being able to acquire purple weapons at any level I am at. Hypothetically, say I use this glitch to get myself good weapons at level 10. Come back at level 15 (or whenever my next Sanctuary trip is) and upgrade my inventory to compensate for the new level(s). So on and so forth in the next levels. Essentially, I can always be running around with updated weapons according to my levels as I progress, without having to worry about using up keys. Using another person gets tricky because they may not be able to provide for me at my current level. As for the recovery, I don't let people use my account like that, trusted or not. Nothing against anyone who offers, just my personal preference. Plus, I need to get an external storage device as it stands, running low on memory! But thanks for the response and alternate tips! I will be sure to let the community know if I do or don't strike out attempting this.

Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
My theory is being able to acquire purple weapons at any level I am at. Hypothetically, say I use this glitch to get myself good weapons at level 10. Come back at level 15 (or whenever my next Sanctuary trip is) and upgrade my inventory to compensate for the new level(s). So on and so forth in the next levels. Essentially, I can always be running around with updated weapons according to my levels as I progress, without having to worry about using up keys. Using another person gets tricky because they may not be able to provide for me at my current level. As for the recovery, I don't let people use my account like that, trusted or not. Nothing against anyone who offers, just my personal preference. Plus, I need to get an external storage device as it stands, running low on memory! But thanks for the response and alternate tips! I will be sure to let the community know if I do or don't strike out attempting this.
I understand completely. :smile: A friend of mine solved this problem quite simply by having a second account recovered, added a save with all the gear he wanted on levels 5, 10, 15 etc, so whenever he leveled up, he would splitscreen and dupe himself the gear. :smile: I also duped a set of similar gear and a Master Copy for someone that they picked up on a second account after I left to use the same way. Just giving you some alternatives if it doesn't work. :smile:

BobaTheFett

BobaTheFett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
All saves for Xbox One are saved to the Cloud. When you transfer a character from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, It becomes a cloud save. It is impossible to pull your character save off the cloud or the console itself. Therefore the USB would not work on the Xbox One.

crunchprank

crunchprank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My theory is being able to acquire purple weapons at any level I am at.
I definitely agree with this! It's much less of a hassle than editing your save every time you need new gear at your new level. While I have done what Spar suggested, basically keeping gear at increments of 5 levels, it's still just a lot easier running up to that gold chest. Plus the randomness of it I enjoy.

The working exploit to double your BA rank on the PS4 (thread here) made me think that since you can manipulate your BA points, maybe there's some glitch where you can manipulate your Golden Keys too - since it's my understanding they are both tied to your Profile save.

Either way, I totally agree with you. I'd love a next-gen solution to unlimited keys :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register