Unlimited Bank Space Glitch No Mod New Method

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2 Modding & Glitching' started by EditedPoo, Nov 16, 2012 with 10 replies and 2,836 views.

1. EditedPoo

EditedPoo Enthusiast

This is a new method I discovered while playing earlier, it's a lot easier than the other method I have seen. All you have to do, go to your bank, select the menu to store an item, click any item in your backpack (NOT the item you want to store), it will transfer your menu to the bank to select the slot you want to store it in, push back to your backpack menu and click the item you DO want to store, and viola, it pushes the second item into your bank without taking something out. I have verified on both consoles that this works and saves the item after quitting and reloading and everything like that.I do not have the PC version to test but I imagine it will work the same.

I was playing earlier and discovered this method, I have been looking all over the message boards here and Gearbox as well as some others and youtube and I have not seen this method described anywhere else and wanted to share. This is much easier than the previous method of buying vendor guns and overstocking your backpack to overstock your bank. If this is a re-post of somebody's glitch, link to it when you accuse me, and I will apologize.

2. Treybonew

Treybonew Newbie

Good find on this. Funny that I never even tried that since I had done the other way long before it was posted here.

3. Siro

Siro Enthusiast

Confirmed, this works on PC. The reason it seems to work is the second part of swapping an item is only really checking to see if you're swapping with an empty slot or an item, rather than an empty slot or item from the bank. So when it realizes the bank is full and goes to put the second item (which it thinks is from the bank) back into the bank, it stores the second inventory item you picked in the bank instead instead of back in your inventory.

Thanks so much for this, in the wake of the patch that killed bank slot and backpack slot modding, this is awesome.

minimang likes this.
  4. minimang

minimang Enthusiast

It works in both the bank and claptrap's secret storage. Infinite storage that you can access by every single character? Yes please!

DO NOT DO THIS ON THE SECRET STASH. IT DELETES YOUR ITEMS.

Thanks, EditedPoo! I tested this and learned the same thing. Gamefaqsers told me about it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  5. EditedPoo

EditedPoo Enthusiast

On my PS3, overfilling the ClapTraps stash will not save the extra items, it holds them and I can scroll through them as long as I do not close that menu, but when I close and reopen the stash locker, it erases all the extra items. I think that where the game saves that info is hard programmed to four items. In my testing, this is not working for the Secret Stash.

6. Original Goods

Original Goods Enthusiast

Way better then the other method I use .....

7. irak alkyda

irak alkyda Enthusiast

dosent work for me

8. Downlinx

Downlinx Newbie

does not work sorry bud

9. ukparadox

ukparadox Newbie

Works fine for me thanks man, i now have 60+ weapons/shields/mods in my bank!

10. downer86mger

downer86mger Newbie

any1 can make a video tut of it? would be appreciated :smile:

irak alkyda likes this.
  11. EditedPoo

EditedPoo Enthusiast

someone made one, not a bad job either but could have been much better.

lastimp and UlTiMaTeAttaKeR like this.