Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack 2 New Weapon Informations

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2' started by mr01, Aug 30, 2013 with 25 replies and 3,592 views.

1. mr01

mr01 Enthusiast

There are some new pearlescent weapons in the upcoming UVHM pack #2. I have tested these weapons out and documented their effects below. If you do not want to spoil the effects for yourself, then it is advisable that you don't read the spoilers.

Weapons
    There are a total of 4 new pearlescent weapons. I was hoping for more but beggars can't be choosers and GBX makes a ton of new legendary class mods that are really good.

1.) Wanderlust: This is an interesting maliwan pistol that can come in all elements except explosives. This gun has absolute crap accuracy at a whopping rating of 1%. Yes, 1% accuracy. However, to make up for this its bullets home into the enemies. Out of all the homing guns out there, this gun's homing bullets will literally chase down your enemies and doing sharp turns in order to hit your enemies if they try to avoid it (i.e. you will not miss your enemy; however, the bullet will sometime chase the wrong enemy down). It has decent damage but nothing to right home about and it costs 3 ammo per shot instead of the normal 2 ammo cost of regular maliwan pistols. The slag version of this pistol makes for a good slagging tool with 36% slagging chance, which is decent but the main point is the homing bullets that will not miss. This gun cannot do any critical hit damage....then again it already has craptastic accuracy so trying to even aim for an enemy's head is a challenge in of itself.

2.) Carnage: I have no clue why GBX brought the carnage shotgun from BL1 back into BL2 as a pearlescent but they did. This is literally a torgue shotgun that shoots 1 rocket for the cost of 1 shotgun ammo with a pretty decent mag size. The damage is decent at ~180k per rocket. To give you an idea, just think of those assault rifles that shoot rockets, but this is instead a shotgun form of it. It should be noted that the rockets move pretty fast. One major thing to note is that GBX has gotten wise about the vertical grip accessory on shotguns which increase the pellet count by +2 for no extra ammo cost. GBX made a specific vertical grip accessory for the carnage. A carnage with a vertical grip accessory will shoot 3 rockets at the same time, but it will also consume 3 shotgun shells. This results in no net gain in damage to ammo cost ratio and the accuracy is reduced from the normal 87% acc to 57% acc. When compared to the swordplosion, the carnage is lackluster.

3.) Godfinger: This is a jakobs sniper rifle with an interesting but kinda crappy effect in my opinion. Its fire rate is slower than the muckamuck, so it doesn't fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. The muckamuck does about 130k damage while this gun has lower damage of about 54k. The special effect is that if you shoot an enemy at a certain close range, it doesn't do that much damage. However, if you shoot at an enemy at a much longer range, then it does a lot more damage. This gun is made for long range sniping and it gimps itself if the enemy is close to you. In my opinion muckamuck feel much more useful than this gun.

4.) Bekah: This is a jakobs assault rifle also has an interesting effect but nothing to write home about. When compared to the hammerbuster, this gun has almost all the same stats except it has much lower damage (hammer buster does around 74k while Bekah does around 59k). Despite the lower damage, the Bekah has a much higher critical hit damage. What makes this gun special is that when you shoot it, the initial bullet will travel like normal. However, after a certain distance it will split leaving behind a second bullet right behind it. This second bullet will be stationary in midair for a split second before itself splitting into three more bullets in a similar fashion as the lyuda with the center bullet traveling in the same path as the intial bullet while the left and right bullets travel in a 45 degree angel from the center bullet. Against large targets and given the appropriate distance between yourself and your target, you can essentially hit the target with 4 bullets for the price of 1. However, if you are too close to the target then the bullet will not have enough time to split and instead the assault rifle will do only a single bullet's worth of damage.

Legendary Class Mods
    Each class gets 3 new legendary mods that are based off of regular mods in the game.

1.)Soldier

a.) Legendary Pointman Class Mod
    + Health Regen
    + Max Health
    +5 Pressure
    +5 Grit
    +5 Last Ditch Effort
    +5 Able
    +5 Healthy

b.) Legendary Ranger Class Mod
    + Team Shield Recharge Rate
    - Team Shield Recharge Delay
    +5 Ranger
    +5 Quick Charge
    +5 Onslaught
    +5 Impact
    +5 Metal Storm

c.) Legendary Engineer Class Mod
    + Cooldown Rate
    +5 Battlefront
    +5 Resourceful
    +5 Sentry
    +5 Impact
    +5 Able

2.) Siren

a.) Legendary Binder Class Mod
    + Team Cooldown Rate
    +5 Reaper
    +5 Helios
    +5 Suspension
    +5 Wreck
    +5 Sweet Release

b.) Legendary Cat Class Mod
    + SMG Gun Damage
    - SMG Accuracy
    +5 Mind's Eye
    +5 Wreck
    +5 Accelerate
    +5 Reaper
    +5 Foresight

c.) Legendary Nurse Mod
    + Team Health Regeneration
    +5 Restoration
    +5 Elated
    +5 Sweet Release
    +5 Sustenance
    +5 Suspension

3.)Assassin

a.) Legendary Ninja Class Mod
    + Melee Damage
    +5 Back Stab
    +5 Resurgence
    +5 Killing Blow
    +5 Ambush
    +5 Follow Through

b.) Legendary Sniper Class Mod
    + Sniper Rifle Gun Damage
    + Sniper Rifle Critical Hit Damage
    - Shield Capacity
    +5 Precision
    +5 One Shot One Kill
    +5 Headshot
    +5 Kill Confirmed
    +5 Velocity

c.) Legendary Killer Class Mod
    + Team Critical Hit Damage
    +5 Velocity
    +5 Killer
    +5 Ambush
    +5 Headshot
    +5 Two Fang

4.) Gunzerker

a.) Legendary Hoarder Class Mod
    + Team Bullet Regeneration
    +5 Lay Waste
    +5 5 Shots or 6
    +5 Filled to the Brim
    +5 Locked and Loaded
    +5 Incite

b.) Legendary Titan Class Mod
    + Health Regeneration
    + Gun Damage
    - Shield Capacity
    +5 Hard to Kill
    +5 Out of Bubblegum
    +5 I'm The Juggernaut
    +5 Locked and Loaded
    +5 Asbestos

c.) Legendary Gunzerker Class Mod
    + Cooldown Rate
    +5 Lay Waste
    +5 Last Longer
    +5 Yippie Ki Yay
    +5 All In the Reflexes
    +5 Incite

5.) Mechromancer

a.) Legendary Catalyst Class Mod
    + Team Elemental Effect Damage
    +5 Wires Don't Talk
    +5 Evil Enchantress
    +5 More Pep
    +5 Electrical Burn
    +5 Interspeed Outburst

b.) Legendary Anarchist Class Mod
    + Gun Damage
    - Gun Accuracy
    +5 Strength of 5 Gorilla
    +5 Myelin
    +5 Unstoppable Force
    +5 Smaller, Lighter, Faster
    +5 Typecast Iconoclast

c.) Legendary Roboteer Class Mod
    + Cooldown Rate
    + Melee Damage
    +5 Strength of 5 Gorilla
    +5 Potent as a Pony
    +5 Made of Sterner Stuff
    +5 20% Cooler
    +5 Annoyed Android

6.)Psycho

a.) Legendary Torch Class Mod
    + Burn Damage
    +5 Burn Baby Burn
    +5 Fuel The Fire
    +5 Flame Flare
    +5 Elemental Elation
    +5 Embrace the Pain

b.) Legendary Reaper Class Mod
    + Team Kill Skill Duration
    +5 Thrill of the Kill
    +5 Fuel The Fire
    +5 Blood Overdrive
    +5 Blood Bath
    +5 Taste of Blood

c.) Legendary Sickle Class Mod
    + Melee Damage
    +5 Empty The Rage
    +5 Fuel the Blood
    +5 Silence the Voices
    +5 Taste of Blood
    +5 Pain is Power
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  2. King CLH

King CLH Newbie

Hey man can you make a thread about the new mods to?
  3. mr01

mr01 Enthusiast

Done...typed out all the new class mods...my hand hurts from speed typing all of the class mods....
  4. DOMIN8

DOMIN8 Followed by Cakes AND Adzee Diet Moderators

justsinner, mr01 and murkat like this.
  5. fathom7411

fathom7411 Seasoned Member

c.) Legendary Gunzerker Class Mod (Lol...yes same name as the other legendary gunzerker mod)

The original is a Legendary Berzerker. Most people just call it a Gunzerker. Nice post though.
    mr01 likes this.
  6. megakiros

megakiros Newbie

awesome work there man :D freshhh news :eek:
  7. mr01

mr01 Enthusiast

ha ha..thanks for pointing that out. I definitely got that confused. Fixed that mistake in the original post.
    fathom7411 likes this.
  8. King CLH

King CLH Newbie

Thanks man them sal mods are sweet
  9. Kankuro270

Kankuro270 あやつりにんぎょうし

10. Invisible Man

Invisible Man Life is too important to be taken seriously Premium

11. DOMIN8

DOMIN8 Followed by Cakes AND Adzee Diet Moderators

Hahahahaha... GLUG GLUG GLUG
    I love it...
    Kankuro270 likes this.
  12. Kankuro270

Kankuro270 あやつりにんぎょうし

13. Garrum

Garrum Newbie

All 4 of those weapons sound lackluster AT BEST. Is this some sort of game dev trolling? Have the rarest and highest level weapons in the game be junky and gimmicky? Can we not just get some weapons like the Atlas weapons from BL1, with high ammo, high accuracy, and fairly high damage, along with a good RoF? That sounds a lot more like a pearlescent weapon to me.
  14. wizardeiges

wizardeiges Enthusiast

Kankuro270 likes this.
  15. Kankuro270

Kankuro270 あやつりにんぎょうし

16. VinylicPuma3

VinylicPuma3 Enthusiast

If you don't mind me asking, how are you all testing these guns after the new Insanity Checks on the vault?
  17. Kankuro270

Kankuro270 あやつりにんぎょうし

They aren't Hybrids, they are Legit guns.
  18. VinylicPuma3

VinylicPuma3 Enthusiast

'
    Ok?

From my experience, in order to test those guns in the past, you made them hybrids by changing their balance. Since there was no check on the bank, the barrels would initially pass through. Once you saved and quit, the game would remove the barrel unless it was in the bank. Least that's how I would've done it.

With the new insanity checks that doesn't really work now. Maybe it's something you can do on PCs you can't do on consoles.

Either way, cool thread.
  19. fathom7411

fathom7411 Seasoned Member

I don't believe anything other than the class mods can be tested yet. At least on consoles due to changing the balance makes them considered hybrids. The class mods can be tested by putting either a legendary balance in or rare to make it blue and give the extra points in one of the top three skills.
  20. VinylicPuma3

VinylicPuma3 Enthusiast

Sort of like the Blue Legendary COMs I've seen. It could be cool on Axton's Legendary Pointman. Imagine 13/5 to Grit. Over a 50% chance to not go down! It's not much of an improvement but at least the Black Rarity Pointman can live on in my fond memories.
    fathom7411 likes this.