Uh, Please help lol?!?

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Mod Help' started by a_paperclip, Sep 20, 2007 with 67 replies and 1,649 views.

1. a_paperclip

a_paperclip Enthusiast

before u read this, if ur a smart-arse dont reply... i dont need to hear "read the tutorials" or "the search tool is your friend"... im a noob (kinda, havent been modding for too long, but kno how to do alot), but not an idiot. i have searched though every post in every threat, and nobody seems to have had this problem.

now, to the point...

my version of dot halo blows, apparently... no matter how many times i uninstall/reinstall ,no matter what plugins, no matter where i put them, my dothalo will NOT let me do quite a few things... but the thing that ticks me off the MOST is that i cannot make automatic weapons... well, its kinda wierd, but i cant do it with my other editors as well... h2x, adi, adi v2, ect ect... cant even do it in hex... but, i was wondering, i have probably the oldest h2 disc out their, and was wondering if that might be the problem... old maps seem troublesome to some at times... and, i was wondering if a 300mhz proc. with 256mb ram might cause some problems... but basically, the actual issue is: (not my text, from some1 on this site) (37)Rapid Fire with DotHalo

Many people think that you need H2X to make weapons fire fast, wrong. You can

do it in DotHalo too.

First, select the map you want to apply it to.(For this example, i'm using

Midship).

Then, go to Tags. Scroll down to the [weap] tag and click the + to expand it.

After that, scroll down and click

objects\weapons\rifle\battle_rifle\battle_rifle.

Then, at the top of the screen, click Windows, then, Tag Editor.

*After that, scroll down to the Firing Type,click the drop-down menu and hit

'0' then click 'fully automatic'. (You will need the new weap.xml plugin)

Then scroll down and click 'clip' and in the dropdown menu, click '0'. Then

put the deplete ammo and the recharge ammo to 10000 (ten thousand), which

makes it infinite.

Then, go to projectile, and in the dropdown menu, click '0'. Bullets per

shot, 1. Minimum rate of fire, 15, maximum rate of fire, 15. Shots per burst

0, muzzle climb, 0, the two spread accuracy's have to be 0 (zero).

but when i select "fully automatic", and press "save changes to tag", it just goes right on back to what it was (single shot, 3 round burst, lock-on...). has anyone found a solution to this, had this problem, or can think of a way that might fix it? thanks a bunch guys

o, and btw, thats not the only meathod of fully auto-anything i have tried... if i download fully auto patches, they seem to work oddly enough
  2. r3dneck

r3dneck Enthusiast

dont use dot halo just use entity. your ram might be a problem. you claim to know how to do alot but not this? it was the first thing i learned just be honest i would appreciate it. and even though you said dont be saying blah i will because it will save you time and us time aswell, search button maybe no one had this problem but there is tuts on how to do it.

PS: try recharge and deplete ammo to 1000 not 10000 dunno might work.
  3. a_paperclip

a_paperclip Enthusiast

didnt think aboot the 1000 thing, that might work... read EVERY SINGLE tut on fully auto, i still consider myself a newb, but others usually dont... i can do quite alot, but like i said, it might b that i have the first version of the halo 2 disc, that might b a problem... but i tried diff versions of dot halo and what not... thanks fr the sarcasm, i needed it today... pretty horrible workplaces = dean not happy lol... and how wud it save u time lol? its taking up more of my day evertime i write it :)
  4. AtomicBump

AtomicBump Premium Premium

You dont select a button for fully auto, you use entity for it.
  5. Dot halo never does the automatic weapons. Use H2x or even better. Entity.
  6. a_paperclip

a_paperclip Enthusiast

h2x dosent work either, but i found out that if i extract the meta fr smg, then re-insert it into the weapon im making fully-auto, it works that way... but its soooooo much trouble changing everything back to what it was
  7. If you put the right values in it will work everytime. Open the smg and see the values and then change the trigger values for the br.
  8. a_paperclip

a_paperclip Enthusiast

i dont usually change the br from 3 round burst, i like auto magnum with less-powerful bullets... things like that... but even still, no matter what i put in, it still just dosent work for any program that i use... btw, ive been using Antmans modding tools pack, and finally i thought i would download a diff version of dothalo, still dosent work... but, fr all of u ppl out there, u shud try antmans pack, its like a 100mb file, but it has EVERYTHING!!! and theyre all updated as well(new/recent pluging alwready installed)
  9. Pro Map Tools. Every one of us Professinal Modders use it.
  10. a_paperclip

a_paperclip Enthusiast

k i will c if that helps me out anymore, u got a link to it? appreciate it thanks
  11. a_paperclip

a_paperclip Enthusiast

hey, check out the last page on kast130 script shop, and tell me some advice on that please... i wanna kno what their is that i can do, or be helped with
  12. All the scrips you need for legit not cheating modding is in PMT
  13. a_paperclip

a_paperclip Enthusiast

o, and i have a 300 mhz comp with 256 ram, is that too slow to run some/all of the programs in it?
  14. C4rn4g3

C4rn4g3 Enthusiast

yeah i have the same problem but i still get around it using h2x...in h2x when opened, expand it ALL the way before doing anything then with every change you make in a tab hit save changes in the bottom right or it wont save
    you need an upgradded computer
  15. a_paperclip

a_paperclip Enthusiast

16. H2x is in there. Everything you need for good mods are in there. If you have to you can even make cheating mods.
  17. a_paperclip

a_paperclip Enthusiast

lol ya i kno, but jobs fr teens dont pay well these days...(19)
  18. As long as you have xp or higher you can run this.
  19. a_paperclip

a_paperclip Enthusiast

any luck?