Tutorial: Transfer Music from Zune to Computer

Discussion in 'Other Platforms' started by HT117, Apr 17, 2008 with 7 replies and 56,980 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HT117

HT117 Contributor

I don't know if anyone has run into this before but more than likely you will be faced with this at some point in time. My computer crashed, and I lost more than 3,000 songs on my hard drive. This tutorial will show you how to transfer all or part of the music files from your Zune to your Computer so you don't have to re-download or burn your cds again.

--------------------------------------
    Required Programs:

zSuite
    Code (Text):

http://rapidshare.com/files/105777084/Zune_Hacks.rar

Pass (if asked)
    Code (Text):

Se7enSins.com

or Zune HD Hack
    Code (Text):

http://rapidshare.com/files/108145439/ZuneHDPatch.rar

Pass (if asked)
    Code (Text):

Se7enSins.com

Zune Software
    (or if you are using WMP or WINAMP with the zSuite hack and sync with one of these)

If you don't have one of the above files download one of them. I recommend zSuite as it offers the HD hack and much more.
    *Note* make sure zune software is not running when you install either.

Step 1

Connect your Zune and open Zune software (you can minimize it but leave it open)

[​IMG]

Step 2

Open My Computer and click on your Zune Icon.

[​IMG]

Step 3

Double click storage and then do the same for the Music Folder.

[​IMG]

Step 4

Copy the folder(s) that you want to transfer to your computers hard drive (or ext. HD). Keep this window open or minimized. If you close it this will not work.

Step 5

Open the location you wish to copy the file(s)/folder(s) to and then right click and paste.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 6

Your Done! Your music files are now on both your Zune and your computer!

[​IMG]

Enjoy!!!

2 people like this.
  2. DrastiK

DrastiK Premium Premium

Why can't you do this without the software?

3. HT117

HT117 Contributor

The reason the zune software is needed is because of the zune bus enumerator which recognizes and connects the zune to the computer. Once the zune software is started, the ZBE searches for any connected devices and connects them. Trying this without the zune software is fruitless as the files on the zune (even with the hd hack enabled) are read-only and cannot be transfered until the zune connects.

4. airvent

airvent Newbie

hey dude, so i download a winRAR trial and then i download zSutie, and installed them both, then when i got to step #2, my zune device did not come up under "other" in "my computer", i have a zune 30gb, what am i doing wrong????

thanks

5. mugsy

mugsy Newbie

is this process the same for windows xp? that's what i have and i can't figure out how to do this. frustrated!:?

6. munkmx

munkmx Enthusiast

You don't need this any more. Just open the software, click device, then music, then right click the song you want, then hit copy to my collection. Done, now you have your music on your Zune on your computer.

7. Tom Hancock

Tom Hancock Newbie

hey this file is offline now....i would really appreciate hositng it again....maybe try google drive or ubuntu one.....i highly reccommend ubuntu one because the files never turn off or get overlooked.....but if you can please remake the file for us hackers out there

8. Zakb009

Zakb009 Uni pride yo! Retired

Last seen December 2008. I doubt he's coming back mate. Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.