Hardware Mods (Tutorial) How to install extra fans on a xbox 360

• Thread starter TicTac
  • Start date
  • Views 39,643
G

Get x Murk

Reaction score
Sin$
I meant like does having a jtag increase your motherboard temperature in the xbox so therefor it would help if you had more fans.
By the way, do you jtag, and if you do I'm a little confused on the NAND part. What is that?

DanKKlol

DanKKlol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I meant like does having a jtag increase your motherboard temperature in the xbox so therefor it would help if you had more fans.
By the way, do you jtag, and if you do I'm a little confused on the NAND part. What is that?
you ovisusly should learna about jtags before you attempt to jtag a console. and seems like you came here just to ask things since your post count is below 10.......

G

Get x Murk

Reaction score
Sin$
aha okay because you don't know about the dump of a NAND, you accuse me of not knowing. Well a NAND dump is a physical back up of the chip inside your xbox that stores all the files that the xbox needs to start up. It contains the IPL, the IDStorage, and the lflash. A NAND dump if used properly can be used to quickly unbrick your xbpx. This means that you cannot screw up the xbox unless something goes wrong hardware-wise.
I knew you were just a noob that likes to pretend he knows what he's talking about.

DanKKlol

DanKKlol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
aha okay because you don't know about the dump of a NAND, you accuse me of not knowing. Well a NAND dump is a physical back up of the chip inside your xbox that stores all the files that the xbox needs to start up. It contains the IPL, the IDStorage, and the lflash. A NAND dump if used properly can be used to quickly unbrick your xbpx. This means that you cannot screw up the xbox unless something goes wrong hardware-wise.
I knew you were just a noob that likes to pretend he knows what he's talking about.
Why are you s*** talking your self? and btw wikipedia teaches you stuff lol seriously you are a noob hahhaha

G

Get x Murk

Reaction score
Sin$
yea thats exactly what I did. Such a tool...please don't even respond, I hate waisting my time with you kids.

DanKKlol

DanKKlol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yea thats exactly what I did. Such a tool...please don't even respond, I hate waisting my time with you kids.
Yup proves that you are a total tard....
lol home come us "kids" know how to jtag when you don't?

G

Get x Murk

Reaction score
Sin$
Oh yeah? I can't Jtag? And you think you can?
Ur such a waste of time kid, grow up. You talk like you're so hard. It's an Xbox man, chill.
hey I will post a video of me and my jtag. I only made an account to see what people were doing these days. I quit that waste of time a long time ago so stop talking about what you don't know. Drop those balls, get a girlfriend and do something with your life.

DanKKlol

DanKKlol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh yeah? I can't Jtag? And you think you can?
Ur such a waste of time kid, grow up. You talk like you're so hard. It's an Xbox man, chill.
hey I will post a video of me and my jtag. I only made an account to see what people were doing these days. I quit that waste of time a long time ago so stop talking about what you don't know. Drop those balls, get a girlfriend and do something with your life.
1 i got a GF lol
2 you dont have to be a nerd to mod
3 you are oviously a retarded idiot smoking weed
4 call me a kid whatever lol

dahockeymasta12

dahockeymasta12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

At first you don't know what you're talking about.

Suddenly you are the mature and smart one, who knows how to use Wikipedia. BTW, the NAND dump isn't used to unbrick the Xbox during the jtag process, but you put a custom firmware on to the NAND (Xell) that lets you run any code you want. So stop trying to act smarter than people when you have a zero post count, no rep, and are obviously the real kid here.

G

Get x Murk

Reaction score
Sin$
I love you people... I was being sarcastic when i said i used Wiki. And don't tell me that the nand can't recover your bricked xbox. You guys obviously hear what you you want to hear so I'm done with you and your butt buddy.

And to answer that one boys post:

1 i got a GF lol
- I don't believe that for a second. (Or shes half man)

- You have to have a lot of free time, which nerds seem to have.

- You start trailing off because you don't have anything "clever" to say.

- Here you make yourself look ***backwards.

dahockeymasta12

dahockeymasta12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I never said that you can't unbrick using your backup NAND, but you have to really mess up to brick it.

DanKKlol

DanKKlol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I love you people... I was being sarcastic when i said i used Wiki. And don't tell me that the nand can't recover your bricked xbox. You guys obviously hear what you you want to hear so I'm done with you and your butt buddy.

And to answer that one boys post:

1 i got a GF lol
- I don't believe that for a second. (Or shes half man)

- You have to have a lot of free time, which nerds seem to have.

- You start trailing off because you don't have anything "clever" to say.

- Here you make yourself look ***backwards.
well if you are calling me a nerd do that. because you are the sad guy .. you are hanging at these forum trying to learn how to mod but you faill....

E

eurbert

Reaction score
Sin$
nice tut! Only 1 question, how do you keep the fans in place instead of just letting them rest on the heatsinks? I don't want them to move while transporting my xbox

Edit: Why not use the 12V from the dvd drive connector? This way you would only need to solder the dvd drive cable and nothing on the motherboard

E

eurbert

Reaction score
Sin$
tested it out with the dvd power cable and it worked. I added a schematic on how the wires go. I did it for a 12V 2wire fan and also added the schematic for if you want to connect it to a 7V source (the fan will blow a little less, but I thought it made a big noise reduction)

fanpinout.jpg

P.S: This is only good when you don't have a dvd drive, so only for JTAG's in my opinion

ITz UnScRiiPTeD

ITz UnScRiiPTeD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is a guild to installing extra fans on you Xbox.This also has pictures on 12v points on the Xbox motherboard.

Reqirements:
  • Soldering Iron
  • Solder
  • Wire
  • 12v Fan(s)
  • Xbox 360

First: Disassemble your xbox completely and removing the motherboard from the metal housing (if you plan on doing 2 fans).

Here are the 12v points that we will be using.

Ontop of the motherboard:
Pic3.png

Bottom Of Board:
Pic1.png

Solder the wires like so:

Pic2.png

Or:
Pic5.png

Now use the Mem card metal housing for a ground.
Pic4.png

Final:

Final.jpg
How do you get the fan to stay? i want to add a 50mm fan and idk how to keep it there. Also does the fan push air onto the heatsink to suck the air off of it?

Top Bottom
Login
Register