Tutorial (Tutorial)Borderlands Tutorial on how to use WillowTree

• Thread starter Jager212
  • Start date
  • Views 105,667
P

pjskeleton2

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey XanderChaos, if you don't mind i have a bunch of questions about modding and your WillowTree program. Do you think you'd be able to write an OSX version of WillowTree? Also, I've been seeing a lot of level 70 characters out there, any chance that was the work of your program? Can you upgrade the total amount of holdable ammo? Can you use the Microsoft hard drive transfer kit that's $15 online to use WillowTree? Do i need any program besides WillowTree to mod or does it do everything? I have no experience modding, how difficult would using WillowTree be for me? I do have advanced technical knowledge of computers but I've never done anything like this.

ZerOxShadows

ZerOxShadows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey XanderChaos, if you don't mind i have a bunch of questions about modding and your WillowTree program. Do you think you'd be able to write an OSX version of WillowTree? Also, I've been seeing a lot of level 70 characters out there, any chance that was the work of your program? Can you upgrade the total amount of holdable ammo? Can you use the Microsoft hard drive transfer kit that's $15 online to use WillowTree? Do i need any program besides WillowTree to mod or does it do everything? I have no experience modding, how difficult would using WillowTree be for me? I do have advanced technical knowledge of computers but I've never done anything like this.

Q) Do you think you'd be able to write an OSX version of WillowTree?
A) Xander has to answer this.

Q) Also, I've been seeing a lot of level 70 characters out there, any chance that was the work of your program?
A) WillowTree is one of the programs capable of editing a character to level 70. Another would be Modio.

Q) Can you upgrade the total amount of holdable ammo?
A) At the moment, the only thing that can be edited involving ammo is the ammo deck upgrade. That max you can carry is level 6. You can, however, edit your backpack capacity to 9999+.

Q) Can you use the Microsoft hard drive transfer kit that's $15 online to use WillowTree?
A) Yes, you can use Microsoft's hard drive transfer cable. I for one use it and have not experienced any problems.

Q) Do i need any program besides WillowTree to mod or does it do everything?
A) The only other thing you need besides WillowTree# is a program that can view the files on your HDD. I recommend Xport360. A rehash/resign program such as CONcept or Modio is not required as the latest versions of WillowTree automatically rehash/resign for you.

Q) I have no experience modding, how difficult would using WillowTree be for me? I do have advanced technical knowledge of computers but I've never done anything like this.
A) WillowTree is made to be extremely user friendly, no previous modding experience required. However, this goes without saying that you need to know what you're doing. For example, you must know what the limitations are post 1.30 patch concerning part swapping, which grip parts to use with corresponding manufacturers, what weapon types you are and are not interchangeable, etc. Please use Xander's website, http://blmodding.wikidot.com/start, as a reference.

Q) I do have advanced technical knowledge of computers but I've never done anything like this.
A) Like I said, no previous modding or technical electronic knowledge is required.

In short what you need to do is hook-up your HDD to your computer via a HDD transfer cable, upload the .sav file onto your computer using Xport360, edit it with WillowTree#, save work, then upload the file back into your HDD.

If you did everything right your game should not freeze during the character selection screen and all the weapons/items that you created should be in your backpack.

Good luck!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I

ItsNotAlec

Reaction score
Sin$
Wow thanks a lot! This really taught me some new tricks to WillowTree.

Top Bottom
Login
Register