What's new

Tutorial [TUT] Setup a VPN on an Xbox 360 Console

• Thread starter CrAzY FaIrYHoPn
  • Start date
  • Views 99,716

Reaction score
Sin$
i cant connect to my vpn i accidentally deleted my local area connection 2. i still have my local area connection 1 which is the pc's internet. please help asap. i dont wanna waste my yearly subscribtion and im willing to go on team viewer or if u have skype let me know. thanks.

TheJackLC

TheJackLC

Stab N Slice
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the tutorial I think this is a thread that should be stickied though due to how many people ask how to use a vpn while on a Xbox

TheOtherModder

TheOtherModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
how do i open my port for xbox because its put me as moderate any help to make it open

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
This can be done to any console/platform now! wireless from laptops to both Xbox and modem.
You require
  • Laptop/pc with WiFi access
  • Connectify hotspot premium, (cracks exist)

TheOtherModder

TheOtherModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This can be done to any console/platform now! wireless from laptops to both Xbox and modem.
You require
  • Laptop/pc with WiFi access
  • Connectify hotspot premium, (cracks exist)
can you help me with this

Hysteria Mate

Hysteria Mate

Ni Hao Dog
Reaction score
Sin$
How to Setup a VPN Connection on Your Xbox 360 Console
Info:
There are many benefits to routing your xbox IP through a VPN connection. This ranges from utilizing exclusive American content, to hiding your IP from DDoSers, or even hiding your location from Doxers. This tutorial will show you a loophole that allows you to get around/avoid these hassles. Let us begin.

Prerequisites:

• WiFi Connection
  • Laptop with LAN port
  • VPN (Virtual Private Network)
  • Ethernet Cable
Free VPN's:
This tutorial was done using ProXPN. When installing these, make sure it sets you up with an American IP so you have access to American Xbox Content.

Tutorial:
  1. Download and Install one of the above free VPN's, or purchase a private VPN server.
  2. Connect your PC to your Xbox 360 with the LAN cable.
  3. On the Xbox, go to System Settings>Network then make sure that your IP and DNS settings are set to automatic. This is the Xbox default, so it should be preset if you haven't changed it.
  4. Go to the "Network and Sharing Center" on your PC. This is found under the start menu, utilize the search bar to find it.
  5. In the Network and Sharing Center, click on "Manage Network Connection" in the left sidebar.
  6. Right Click on "Local Area Connection." Then navigate to "Internet Protocol 4."
  7. Click on "Use the Following IP Address" if it isn't already set. Set IP to 192.168.0.1. Set subnet mask to 255.255.255.0. Leave the rest blank.
  8. Next you must navigate to your VPN and select properties. If you are using one of the free VPN's I suggested, connect to the VPN, go to this icon on the bottom right of your screen . Select "Network and Sharing Center," then select "View Status" on the VPN connection. Click on Properties, then navigate to the sharing tab.
  9. Select the "Allow Other Computers to Connect Through This Connection" option in the sharing tab. Also change the "Home Networking Connection" to "Local Area Connection."
  10. Then UN-CHECK the "Establish Dial-Up Connection" and "Allow Other Network Users to Control" boxes.
  11. Make sure that you are now connected to your wireless network, and your VPN.
  12. Finally, "Test Network Connection" on your Xbox 360 and it should be all set.
Credit:
I learned how to do this from Here a few months back.

Enjoy!
Still a helpfull tut!
Thanks.

S

sexybanana1123

Reaction score
Sin$
Of course it doesn't work like a million tutorials i tried didn't work! It always fails when going to the xbox part,when i test xbox live connection,it usually failed at network,but now it got connected,but then failed at Internet.:banghead:

I've been trying to download this DLC for months! Please if anyone could help me it would be very nice. :cry::cry:

CrAzY FaIrYHoPn

CrAzY FaIrYHoPn

FairyHopn' All Day
Retired
Grammar Nazi TotM MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Of course it doesn't work like a million tutorials i tried didn't work! It always fails when going to the xbox part,when i test xbox live connection,it usually failed at network,but now it got connected,but then failed at Internet.:banghead:

I've been trying to download this DLC for months! Please if anyone could help me it would be very nice. :cry::cry:
90% of the time it's because the Vpn you're using is too slow, or a combo of that and a slow ISP. I'd reccomend a paid VPN service or simply try a couple other free ones.

Sn0wzy

Sn0wzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

The reason it doesn't work for you isn't that the tutorial doesn't work but that there is a problem on your side. For me this setup also leaves me at Internet Error or DNS error. I use Connectify as a virtual router on my laptop to have the xbox on my VPN which works great. You might want to have a look at it.

S

sexybanana1123

Reaction score
Sin$
I realised i couldn't connect to xbox live with an ethernet cable even without any vpn's...so i fixed it,but,to fix it i had to check the allow other users to connect through this connection box in the sharing tab of my Wifi,so i couldnt check the box at the VPN...since its already checked at wifi.

So basically to even make the PC > XBOX connection work i need to tick that box at wifi's properties.
But if i want to connect the VPN to the xbox then i would need to tick the box at the VPN's properties.
And it can't be ticked in both's properties...i don't know what to do now...

Does anyone know how to do this?

S

sexybanana1123

Reaction score
Sin$
I realised i couldn't connect to xbox live with an ethernet cable even without any vpn's...so i fixed it,but,to fix it i had to check the allow other users to connect through this connection box in the sharing tab of my Wifi,so i couldnt check the box at the VPN...since its already checked at wifi.

So basically to even make the PC > XBOX connection work i need to tick that box at wifi's properties.
But if i want to connect the VPN to the xbox then i would need to tick the box at the VPN's properties.
And it can't be ticked in both's properties...i don't know what to do now...

Does anyone know how to do this?

What i mean is i need a way to allow xbox to take the PC's wifi WITHOUT ticking the allow other network users to connect using this computer's internet connection box.

stranger123

stranger123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice TUT was so annoyed getting booted offline hope this helps!!!

DOMINICANO1

DOMINICANO1

Dios mio ..!!!
Reaction score
Sin$
a video of this can be something good for the visual people :smile: nice tut thou.

DOMINICANO1

DOMINICANO1

Dios mio ..!!!
Reaction score
Sin$
WHAT CAN I DO WHEN MY PC IS NOT A LAPTOP . AND IS CONNECT TO THE WIRELESS ROUTER WITH ETHERNET CABLE. HOW CAN I DO TO CONNECT MY JTAG TO THE VPN THIS WAY. I HAVE A
OFFICE PC NOT WIRELESS PC . THX

J

jonman

Reaction score
Sin$
WHAT CAN I DO WHEN MY PC IS NOT A LAPTOP . AND IS CONNECT TO THE WIRELESS ROUTER WITH ETHERNET CABLE. HOW CAN I DO TO CONNECT MY JTAG TO THE VPN THIS WAY. I HAVE A
OFFICE PC NOT WIRELESS PC . THX
Your PC has to have 2 adapters, doesn't matter which type it is. 1 adapter accepts 1 connection at a time. This easily works with laptops because it already has 2 adapters - wifi and ethernet. Another thing you could do, which I'm not 100% sure is to get a switch. All in all I think a purchase might be necessary. USB WiFi adapters are cheap.

Top Bottom
Login
Register