XboxLiveLogon

XboxLiveLogon

The Suspense is Keeping me Alive!
VIP
Retired
Bug Finder Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for this post, i learned a little from it!

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
You should update your corona identification photo, to include the v5 and v6 info and add information on the winchester board, which cannot be rgh-ed, as of now. And as far as I know the j-r programmer is still being sold and produced.

X

XeDragHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
And i don't recall saying that the user needed a QSB on a phat but i might have said that you need one for some corona models.
You didn't say it's needed on a phat, but you replied robert halliday saying that he needed the QSB when the motherboard type wasn't mentioned.. It wasn't anything in the tutorial, sorry for confusing you.

Nonetheless, great tutorial! And again, i'm sorry if I sounded like a D head.

RABadinadbadi

RABadinadbadi

Reaction score
Sin$
Iv looked in too the recommended products but I can't happen to find a trusted seller could you please give me a link to a coolrunner and nand read/write flasher?

xwtfbobx

xwtfbobx

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so i know i have a v5 corona, and from looking around i gather i need a glitch chip and a post fix adapter, my question is would a cr rev c still work(with the 48mhz crystal) or a knock off rev d? and are there any guides available or is the wire install the same as the corona v3? All i have seen is the cr4xl being used but finding a vendor that accepts bitcoin is a bit tough.

Last edited:
V

vrech

Reaction score
Sin$
So I could grab a ace v3 or a coolrunner rev.d, are there any speed differences for a jasper board?
It doesn't matter if I need to solder more points or something like that.
But since the ace v3 seems newer than the coolrunner rev.d I think it could boot faster.

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
So I could grab a ace v3 or a coolrunner rev.d, are there any speed differences for a jasper board?
It doesn't matter if I need to solder more points or something like that.
But since the ace v3 seems newer than the coolrunner rev.d I think it could boot faster.
xc2c64a based boards, like the matrix glitcher and the rev c/d usually work better for RGH1.2, but the ace has other benefits, like the auto tuning file. Take a look at this for more info.

Alhadee

Alhadee

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi every one why i don't find any tutorial for xbox 360 e " super slim " 2014/2015 for all corona v1 up to v6

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi every one why i don't find any tutorial for xbox 360 e " super slim " 2014/2015 for all corona v1 up to v6
What sort of tutorial do you need? Also, the slim e consoles come with v4-v6 motherboards, not with v1-v3.

I

iTaisHi

Reaction score
Sin$
hello all Experts,
i am really n00b in the xbox staff.
i am trying figure out my machine's version, and a little bit confused with details i found.
i want to RGH2 my machine.

i think my machine's version is Corona , and not sure which version (V2,V4 or other?).
also , by mistake, i upgraded my dash version from 16756 to 17349.

as for this picture, the chip is very small, so it is Corona Version 2. (and i realy dont have HDD, only 4G):
yVQf5D2.jpg

but,
as for this picture, its look like i'm on Version 4 (cause i dont have HDD and post out missing):

ExTNyaE.jpg

please help....

UHAX

UHAX

Cheap Good Quality RGH Shop
Reaction score
Sin$
hello all Experts,
i am trying figure out my machine's version, and a little bit confused with details i found.

i think my machine's version is Corona , and not sure which version (V2,V4 or other?).

as for this picture, the chip is very small, so it is Corona Version 2. (and i realy dont have HDD, only 4G):
yVQf5D2.jpg

but,
as for this picture, its look like i'm on Version 4 (cause i dont have HDD and post out missing):

ExTNyaE.jpg

please help....
Just a quick question for you. Would it happen to be a Xbox 360 E "corona v5-v6"? If its not i would still say its a v2.

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
hello all Experts,

yVQf5D2.jpg

but,

ExTNyaE.jpg

please help....
V2, V4, whatever, the RGH procedure is pretty much the samem except, for the postfix adapter, most V2s don't need it. Also, your dash version doesn't matter, if you're on a slim. All slim hacks (RGH2, RGH2+ and S-RGH) support the latest dashboard.

I

iTaisHi

Reaction score
Sin$
thanks alot JoinTheResistance and UHAX,

Mine is S model.

so i guess i have the V2 version, but still need the post_fix.

its really confusing , cause i saw couple of solutions:
1. corona QSB V4 (for nand r/w ?!)
2. SDTools (for nand r/w ?!)
3. stinger 3 + 48MHz clock (for what that?)
4. Post_fix (what is it for?)

my target is to be able to connect big HDD (currently have only 4 GB) and have a lot of games on it for my son.

as i understood, i have to :
1. soldering a pcb that can help backup and update my nand. (QSB or stinger?)
1. backup my nand (with J-RUNNER?)
2. build a new image for my nand (with J-RUNNER?)
3. flash the new image for the nand (with J-RUNNER?)

do i need to connect to post fix before that ? is it nessasury?
forgot something else?

Sincerely,
itai.

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
thanks alot JoinTheResistance and UHAX,

Mine is S model.

so i guess i have the V2 version, but still need the post_fix.

its really confusing , cause i saw couple of solutions:
1. corona QSB V4 (for nand r/w ?!)
2. SDTools (for nand r/w ?!)
3. stinger 3 + 48MHz clock (for what that?)
4. Post_fix (what is it for?)

my target is to be able to connect big HDD (currently have only 4 GB) and have a lot of games on it for my son.

as i understood, i have to :
1. soldering a pcb that can help backup and update my nand. (QSB or stinger?)
1. backup my nand (with J-RUNNER?)
2. build a new image for my nand (with J-RUNNER?)
3. flash the new image for the nand (with J-RUNNER?)

do i need to connect to post fix before that ? is it nessasury?
forgot something else?

Sincerely,
itai.
Wow, if you want to install a bigger hard drive, just buy one from the store. On the latest dash, you can use external hard drives up to 2TB, as xbox storage. A bit more info on that Link. If you still want to RGH your console this is what you're going to need.
4GB nand read QSB
A glitch chip (a CR4, pre-progremmed or an ACE is recommended for new installers)
If your post_out is missing, you'll also need a postfix adapter
If you're going to get a non pre-programmed chip, you will also need a JR programmer.

Last edited:
I

iTaisHi

Reaction score
Sin$
Wow, if you want to install a bigger hard drive, just buy one from the store. On the latest dash, you can use external hard drives up to 2TB, as xbox storage. A bit more info on that Link. If you still want to RGH your console this is what you're going to need.
4GB nand read QSB
A glitch chip (a CR4, pre-progremmed or an ACE is recommended for new installers)
If your post_out is missing, you'll also need a postfix adapter
If you're going to get a non pre-programmed chip, you will also need a JR programmer.

Dear JoinTheResistance,
really big thanks for the help,

i am trying to make it all sense for me,
(flow chart could have been very helpful for me)
hope this is my last questions to understand the big picture (not want to be annoying):

1. now, that i am still not RGH my slim, can i put lots of games on a big HDD and i will success play them ?
or must RGH the machine to be able playing those lots of game on a big HDD?
2. big HDD must be through USB or can i buy OEM HDD and put in the Machine (like 320gb - is it sata?)
3. if i dont need RGH my machine for playing lots of games, so what id the RGH for?
4. just want to verify if i understood:
"4GB nand read QSB" - this is for r/w nand.
"A glitch chip" - this is for better performance? load the machine more faster? or just oher way of r/w the nand?
"post_out is missing -need adapter "- why do i need it?
"If you're going to get a non pre-programmed chip" - for what chip is it for ? CR4 ? (or also ACE or Postfix adapter?)

about prices,
ace is only 2.77$ and CR4 is 31$ ? so much different ?

again really big thanks,
Sincerely,
itai.

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Dear JoinTheResistance,
really big thanks for the help,

i am trying to make it all sense for me,
(flow chart could have been very helpful for me)
hope this is my last questions to understand the big picture (not want to be annoying):

1. now, that i am still not RGH my slim, can i put lots of games on a big HDD and i will success play them ?
or must RGH the machine to be able playing those lots of game on a big HDD?
2. big HDD must be through USB or can i buy OEM HDD and put in the Machine (like 320gb - is it sata?)
3. if i dont need RGH my machine for playing lots of games, so what id the RGH for?
4. just want to verify if i understood:
"4GB nand read QSB" - this is for r/w nand.
"A glitch chip" - this is for better performance? load the machine more faster? or just oher way of r/w the nand?
"post_out is missing -need adapter "- why do i need it?
"If you're going to get a non pre-programmed chip" - for what chip is it for ? CR4 ? (or also ACE or Postfix adapter?)

about prices,
ace is only 2.77$ and CR4 is 31$ ? so much different ?

again really big thanks,
Sincerely,
itai.
You can play your games from an external or internal hard drive, but if your console isn't exploited you will have to have the dvd disks in the console while playing. On an exploited console you don't need to have the original game dvd in the console in order to play games, that are installed on the hard drive.
Regarding your last question:
A glitch chip is MANDATORY for RGHing a console, it's not just for better performance, it's what makes the console load the modified nand.

A post fix adapter is needed if your original post_out is missing, as the glitch chip uses it as a source of information for when to try and glitch the console.

The prices are different, mostly because the CR4 is 3 things:
1. More noob friendly/easier to install
2. Comes pre-programmed and has some additional features, like the rater
3. It's overpriced, which is understandable, sort of...

The ACE will probably require more tweaking to get it working properly, but it's only 2-3$, so yeah.

Top Bottom
Login
Register