1. Think you have what it takes to join staff? Click here and check out the Staff thread to find out more information!
  2. Looking to spice up your game collection with a copy of the highly anticipated Bungie title Destiny? Hop on your ship and engage its hyper drive, this contest is going to be a heated one! Visit the contest by clicking here.
  3. Hello Guest, our very own Vanilla Minecraft Server is now up! Be sure to grab a few friends and check out the server here so that you guys can start your very own faction! Check it out HERE!

Xbox 360 (TUT) How to mod Kingdoms of Amalur Inventory capacity

Discussion in 'Misc. Games Modding' started by DEFTONED, Feb 17, 2012 with 25 replies and 15,670 views.

1. DEFTONED

DEFTONED ††† Retired

Tools you will need:
    Horizon (I personally recommend for extracting your game save and hash/resign)
    Hex Workshop (Or any other hex editor will do, my tutorial demonstrates Hex Workshop)
    For PC users please read the bottom of the post for instructions!
    First thing you will need to do is find how much inventory space you are currently holding. In this tutorial, I am showing you the default amount of inventory you space you start out with which is 70.​
    To begin, extract your game save to somewhere to your desktop or make a new folder. It is HIGHLY recommended you make a backup of your save just in case you screw up!
    Open up your save in the hex editor and search the Text String for "Inventory" as shown as below (Ctrl+F is a shortcut to search in Hex Workshop)​
    [​IMG]
    You should have multiple instances shown, but the one highlighted in the image is the one you want to mod. Now, you might have a different number than mine so the easiest way is to use a decimal to hex converter found here to find what hex value your inventory is. For instance 46 in hex is 70 in decimal (which 70 is the current inventory space I have).
    [​IMG]
    Now you can see I have selected 4 strings of hex, which is the hex value of your inventory space. So now it's time to mod your inventory space! While 4 strings of hex are highlighted, type in this value:​
    0007A120
    [​IMG]
    This value will allow you to have 500,000 inventory space.
    Finally, save the changes made and import to Horizon. Make sure to hash/resign before transferring back to your device! If done correctly, you will have successfully modded your inventory space!
    If you have problems or questions, feel free to post and I will answer them ASAP. Hope this works for you!​
    PC users:
    NO horizon or so whatever is needed for PC
    you just need to have your SAVE FILE and HEX EDITOR

it says search of 00 00 00 46 (this is for xbox)
    for PC player look at the "46"
    and start change the number from start from 46
    which means it will be 46 00 00 00
    clear image will be 00 00 00 46 00 00 00 (RED Xbox player whereas BLUE is for PC player)
    so from 46 00 00 00, change it to 20 07 A1 00, and save your file.
    you will get exactly 10,553,120 amount of inventory capacity
    FibonKylix likes this.
  2. SweetRoll

SweetRoll Newbie

works for PC?
  3. DEFTONED

DEFTONED ††† Retired

I don't see why not. Try it out, I don't have it for the PC so I can't confirm.
  4. FibonKylix

FibonKylix Enthusiast

Thanks bro! Took me a little while to figure out because mine wasn't at 70 :P
  5. DEFTONED

DEFTONED ††† Retired

Np, glad it worked for you :)
  6. SweetRoll

SweetRoll Newbie

Oh mann.. mine drops to 32. so that makes my inventory 42/32.. :(
  7. DEFTONED

DEFTONED ††† Retired

You might have typed in the value wrong. Upload your save and I'll fix it for you.
  8. -ACTIVEz-

-ACTIVEz- Enthusiast

For pc the first and last two digits are switched.

So 0007A120 would turn to 2007A100.

9. DEFTONED

DEFTONED ††† Retired

This is correct, totally forgot about that :)
  10. fooplaya

fooplaya Newbie

0007A120 gives me 32. 2007A100 gives me 0... am i doing something wrong? (I'm on a Windows 7 computer, NOT transferring it to an XBOX. i play on the computer.)

EDIT: I used the hex converter to try a few other numbers... 0001869F (which SHOULD be 99,999) gives me 159...

EDIT2: Well, not REALLY sure what i did, but i now have10,553,120 inventory, so i don't really need help lol. if it isnt a hassle, i'd like to know why the above didnt work though
  11. DEFTONED

DEFTONED ††† Retired

Sorry you had to go through that! The tutorial was designated for XBOX though so that's probably why you were having issues.
  12. Angully

Angully Newbie

Ive worked out how to duplicate your results you must enter 2007A100 to replace 46000000 instead of 00000046 xD
    DEFTONED likes this.
  13. DEFTONED

DEFTONED ††† Retired

I'll add this to the original post for PC users, thanks!
  14. Angully

Angully Newbie

Where can i find that post?
  15. DEFTONED

DEFTONED ††† Retired

It's at the bottom of my original post.
  16. SweetRoll

SweetRoll Newbie

@ DEFTONED -thanks for offering your service to edit my save. A friend of mine tweaked it for me. Nice Thread! :D

@ -ACTIVEz- -thanks for quoting my post and updating this thread to help PC users to tweak their inventory. Great work! :D

Cheers to everyone! :D
    DEFTONED likes this.
  17. DEFTONED

DEFTONED ††† Retired

Glad you were able get helped :)
  18. DEFTONED

DEFTONED ††† Retired

Added credits to you in the OP for PC users.
  19. gonshot23

gonshot23 Newbie

Im having trouble editing it. I already have 80 limit but in the editor it still shows 46. also, do I also need horizon for editing for PC? help pls. thnx!
  20. truth

truth Enthusiast

Hi im on pc and can get no higher result than 255, if i try to change any other digets in the sequence my save crashes. maybe its coz i have the dead kel dlc installed?? if thats the case for any other pc users use this string 000000ff . 255 is a nice boost anyway so thanks to the op for the info its very appreciated. xD . If any pc user wants money use this: Credit of video goes to ND1Razor :