1. Want to help spread the Se7ensins cheer throughout the PC gaming community? Check out a little project one of our staff members is working on for CS:GO! More information concerning this can be found by clicking here.

Xbox 360 [Tut] How to mod Dark Souls

Discussion in 'Misc. Games Modding' started by InnocentSet, Nov 12, 2012 with 62 replies and 83,346 views.

1. InnocentSet

InnocentSet Getting There

Now I know that a lot of people don't really play this game for whatever reason, but I have decided to make a tutorial on how to give yourself almost any item possible in the game. This tutorial is for the use of a USB. Transfer cable is kinda old fashion now :tongue:. Credits are at the bottom of the thread.

Difficulty: 3/10

Programs:
    Horizon Official download
    Dark Souls Save Editor MediaFire Dropbox

Step 1:
    Put your Dark Souls save onto your pre-configured USB. You can do this by going onto the System Settings then Storage on your X360.

Step 2:
    Open Horzion and extract your Dark Souls save (DRAKS0005) to your previously extracted Dark Souls Save Editor folder.

Step 3:
    Open up the Dark Souls Save Editor program and click open.
    [​IMG]

Step 4:
    After selecting your Dark Souls save, a pop up will appear asking you to select your User Data. If you only have one character just click ok. If you have multiple characters it's best to see what character is the correct one you want to mod.
    [​IMG]

Step 5:
    After your save has been loaded on the program you will see all your characters stats. You can either go mental and mash numbers into each stat, or go the fast and lazy way. Max All Statistics button ftw!! You can also edit what covenant your character is in and their settings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Step 6:
    Now for the best part. Modding the inventory :biggrin:. To mod the inventory, click on the "Inventory" tab. once on the tab you will see everything in your inventory, you can edit the amount of an item by changing its quantity on the top right of the program.
    [​IMG]

Step 6.5:
    I'm sure you're wondering on how to add items to your inventory. Well let's get onto that now. To add items to the inventory you need to go on the "Item DataBase" tab. From here you can see every single item that is available in Dark Souls. You can search for a specific item to quickly get access to it or you can choose a category and see every item listed in said category.
    [​IMG]
    Once you have found the item or items you want to have you need to click the little box to the left of the name. Make sure that is ticked.
    [​IMG]
    Once all items are ticked you need to right click an item (can be any item) and select "Add All Checked Item".
    [​IMG]

Step 7:
    Once you have finished editing your inventory (adding items, changing amounts blah blah blah) you need to save changes to the inventory, If you don't do this very important step then you would've wasted all your time and all the changes would've come undone.
    [​IMG]

Step 8:
    Saving changes. Clicking the save changes will save (obviously) all your changed to the statistics tab. It also rehashes and resigns the save.
    [​IMG]
    BOOM! You're finished modding your Dark Souls inventory and character! Now just put the save back into Horzion and do some final rehashing and resigning (just in case you know), then put the save back onto your USB and the USB back into your X360. Load up Dark Souls and select your flash drive (or move the save to your hard drive first) then load your character!

Credits:
    A big thanks to everyone that made the programs and provided the free download links <3

Oh. What about the Artorias of the Abyss DLC items? I hear you ask. Well you're in luck! just search "aota" in the Item Database and every single item will be there :biggrin:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
    Halo 4, Novaa, NotSoEvil and 6 others like this.
  2. cornholiobft

cornholiobft Newbie

anyone have any problems using this? It works great in my own game but I can't seem to be able to drop some items (drop and use is crossed out) in other peoples games, sometimes even my own... any ideas?

edit:
    The same items I can't drop, I can't seem to use myself and if I try to put them in bottomless box they don't show up..

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  3. Artorias125

Artorias125 Newbie

this doesnt work for me i try to open the save on my xbox after modding but it only comes up with the option to create a new game what did i do wron i rehashed and resigned saved several tims but nothing still

4. InnocentSet

Are you doing this with a USB? If you are remember to choose the USB as the storage devise to use, or move the save from the USB onto your hard drive via memory settings in the system settings.

5. Artorias125

Artorias125 Newbie

yes im using a usb ive configured it and everything and then i created a new save on the usb then save and took the usb to my computer loaded up the modding softare did what i wanted to put the save back (but not 100% sure if i did it right) i used modio to put the save on then rehased and resinged saved to device and then removed the usb put it into the xbox then loaded up dark souls pressed start and only gives the option to start a new game
    P.S i didnt move my xbox live profile to the usb is that a problem?

6. Artorias125

Artorias125 Newbie

if anyone could possibly put a video on to solve this it would be very helpful

7. Artorias125

Artorias125 Newbie

what dark souls modding software do you use?

8. Nyhmboi

Nyhmboi Newbie

Is this only for Xbox? I tried using it on PC and it doesn't seem to work, anyway to get it to work? Thank.

9. InnocentSet

Sorry I haven't replied untill now, I wasn't recieving the alerts.
    The software I use(ed) is provided for you. Click here for the Dark Souls Save Editor.

It seems that this only works for the 360 version of the game.

10. Phoniexfelix

Phoniexfelix Newbie

so uh...i was able to change my person but i cant play because i cant even take a step before my character moves from the first bonfire help pls lol

11. InnocentSet

I'm sorry but I'm having trouble understanding what you mean :/ If you could provide more details on your problem or perhaps a video to give me a greater view on the subject.

12. GlitterGroin

GlitterGroin Newbie

Hello, I was wondering if anybody could help me.
    I am fairly new to anything related to modding, so I was fiddling around with everything, and I need some help..
    First off, what exactly do I transfer to the USB to get the DRAKS0005 to edit the saved game? Next, once I enter the saved game with the editor, will all of the components of the saved game editor actually work? Because I've been fiddling with it, and nothing happens/works without the correct file loaded.. is it supposed to be like that? (Just curious) Also, is this the way to get things like the Elite Cleric and Mage Smith Armor? I am very interested in the lore of the game, so I wanted to get the items to read their descriptions and whatnot.. And can you use this to have multiple stacks of the same item in your inventory? Lastly, can you get unfinished items like Gwyevere's Talisman?

13. Fmayn

Fmayn Newbie

Look, guys, here's the most crucial aspect of this method. You transfer your Dark Souls save file from your Xbox 360 to your configured USB stick. You then stick your USB stick onto your computer with either Horizon or Modio installed. You open Horizon or Modio when you've connected your USB stick to your PC and you extract the save file onto your system (extract it to the desktop to make it easier to find). Now you will have a file called DRAKS005 on your desktop or wherever you saved it.

Then you load your DRAKS005 using the Dark Souls Save Editor and edit it accordingly. When you've finished editing your DRAKS005 make sure you save the file. Then go back to Horizon or Modio and choose 'Inject file' and inject the DRAKS005 you just edited and saved. Load the file back to your Xbox 360 and that's it, you're done.

14. InnocentSet

Yes, yes you can. There is also a miracle called "Escape Death". It acts as if you have a ring of sacrifice equipped.

15. GlitterGroin

GlitterGroin Newbie

I put the edited saved game on a non-live profile then changed it to live.. now I can't transfer that profile to the USB to tell Horizon to swap the save game to the one with live, so I can't go back and re-edit the fave file (Because I accidentally put on INF HP and want to change it..) Help, anyone..?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  16. GlitterGroin

GlitterGroin Newbie

Last problem resolved.. new problem.
    I tried editing a profile with Live which already had Dark Souls data. I tried editing one character to fit a build instead of having to make the damn thing, and it didn't work. I then realized that Horizon had two registered DRAK0005 files on the USB. This means that it won't work with two files on it, so I deleted one, and it erased all old saved games, but didn't give me access to the DRAK with the edited saved game. I then proceeded to just make a new game and edit that. Same problem.
    With two DRAK's, it doesn't work. With one deleted, it doesn't work. Help..?

17. wolfgangjt

wolfgangjt Newbie

It works perfectly fine except for the fact that any magics you add do not "work". I have then in my inventory but cannot attune them. However, it did work for fire tempest, which I had not acquired yet. But anything else (including chaos fire whip and acid surge), you do not have the ability to attune them. (Unless I am missing something).

EDIT: To get the spells to show up in attune, just buy a random spell from someone, then everything will show up. However, it does not work for the achievement.

EDIT2: Also it seems any weapons you get through this will no work. They are there, but it says they are "broken" and do not do full damage. Even if you use the weapon to make a boss weapon, it will not work.

Final Edit: Using this does not work with getting achievements... I guess I will have to hit ng+++ to get the final sorcery... (killed ingward for shortcut to 4 kings both times)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  18. Ijusttookadump

Ijusttookadump Newbie

Okwhen you say us do you mean like any regular old flash drive card?

19. TesshuAriyama

TesshuAriyama Newbie

i went to the horizon site thing and all it had that i could download was a 360revolution. any advice on what im looking for exactly....?

20. SIRIUS xP

SIRIUS xP Newbie

Does the mod allow you to pick up key items along the story such as keys and etc...