What's new

Solved Trinity has no power and power brick is orange?

• Thread starter Sir Matrix
  • Start date
  • Views 2,848
Sir Matrix

Sir Matrix

Sing us a song, your the piano man!
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

I did test the board with a multi meter and was getting a current. The board was working i had it on the latest dash with everything new installed then i woke up to a broken console.

Edit: In the video i said the brick was green... It was orange.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Also, instead of using the faceplate to power it on, try touching the RF Module over here:

maxresdefault.jpg

Sir Matrix

Sir Matrix

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Take a picture of the Point B, because if that point is burnt/screwed up, it won't get power at all.

And upload it here :smile:
Point b was the orange wire, If so yes the pad was lifted so i needed to patch it... But it worked any other time with the patch But one sec let me get a pic for you.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Point b was the orange wire, If so yes the pad was lifted so i needed to patch it... But it worked any other time with the patch But one sec let me get a pic for you.

Did you do this patch:
==

Part Two: Repairers
==

Now, this isn't as hard as it seems like, especially, there's No trace cutting involved
wink.png

Items needed:

- Some extra wire.
- Any resistor ranging from 30 Ohm to 100 Ohm, But 33 Ohm is recommended.
- Some Soldering skills.
- A little patience.

The Procedure:

1. Whatever you've done to the R3B15, clean it. No need to try and put back the resistor if you got it removed. But try to clean up the extra solder up there , if present. If you are afraid you might damage something else in the process, don't worry, leave this step
wink.png

2. Take some wire, about 4 inches in length. Cut it into two making 2 wires of 2 inches each. Take the resistor, and solder one 2 inches of wire to both its sides. Doing this should get you something like this:

D4FPx.jpg

3. Solder one end of the wire-resistor combo here:

rP2Y8.jpg

4. Solder the other to FT3N2, here:

cawRm.jpg

5. Once done, connect you Xbox360 to the PSU and try to power it on. If it does, you're good to go to the next step
wink.png

6. Turn the Xbox360 Off and remove the PSU
rolleyes.png

7. Take another piece of wire and connect its one end to the Point B on the CoolRunner, here:

RLUcb.jpg

8. Take the other end through the hole mentioned in the official Tutorial to the reverse side of the Motherboard.

9. Solder the other end of the wire to the same point where you soldered the wire-resistor combo's second end i.e FT3N2.

VhjrX.jpg

All Done
wink.png

What you have accomplished by following the above part of the tutorial is:

1. Have fixed the STBY_CLK connection with the motherboard so that now the Xbox360 will boot.
2. Have made the Point "B" connection for CoolRunner to work.

Well Done!
smile.png

Because I can tell you right now, not in a d*ck way, that whatever patch you did didn't work.

If it isn't powering on, then the patch/fix you did, did not work, and I'd recommend doing the one I posted.

Sir Matrix

Sir Matrix

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Did you do this patch:
==

==

Now, this isn't as hard as it seems like, especially, there's No trace cutting involved
wink.png

Items needed:

- Some extra wire.
- Some Soldering skills.
- A little patience.

The Procedure:

1. Whatever you've done to the R3B15, clean it. No need to try and put back the resistor if you got it removed. But try to clean up the extra solder up there , if present. If you are afraid you might damage something else in the process, don't worry, leave this step
wink.png

2. Take some wire, about 4 inches in length. Cut it into two making 2 wires of 2 inches each. Take the resistor, and solder one 2 inches of wire to both its sides. Doing this should get you something like this:

D4FPx.jpg

rP2Y8.jpg

cawRm.jpg

5. Once done, connect you Xbox360 to the PSU and try to power it on. If it does, you're good to go to the next step
wink.png

rolleyes.png

7. Take another piece of wire and connect its one end to the Point B on the CoolRunner, here:

RLUcb.jpg

8. Take the other end through the hole mentioned in the official Tutorial to the reverse side of the Motherboard.

9. Solder the other end of the wire to the same point where you soldered the wire-resistor combo's second end i.e FT3N2.

VhjrX.jpg

All Done
wink.png

1. Have fixed the STBY_CLK connection with the motherboard so that now the Xbox360 will boot.

Well Done!
smile.png

Because I can tell you right now, not in a d*ck way, that whatever patch you did didn't work.

If it isn't powering on, then the patch/fix you did, did not work, and I'd recommend doing the one I posted.
My fix was a wire on the resistor then the other end to a trace that was connected to the lifted pad.

Sir Matrix

Sir Matrix

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Did you do this patch:
==

==

Now, this hear me out as well. i worked for a while isn't as hard as it seems like, especially, there's No trace cutting involved
wink.png

Items needed:

- Some extra wire.
- Some Soldering skills.
- A little patience.

The Procedure:

wink.png

D4FPx.jpg

rP2Y8.jpg

cawRm.jpg

wink.png

rolleyes.png

RLUcb.jpg

VhjrX.jpg

All Done
wink.png

Well Done!
smile.png

ok Hear me out as well. This patch did work. It was what the problem was before and i got the console to boot that way.

JHaRfHA.jpg

Ah I've done one of those repairs before.

You mean like this:
2wvOId0.jpg
Yes like that XD

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

Yeah, that was even my own personal picture after I did it :tongue:

The only thing I can think of is that how you have it soldered now, isn't working out.

I'd suggest soldering it on the flat line like where I did, and then shorten the wire, cause you definitely don't wanna have a long *** wire like that coming out haha. 
Also, I'd see what HuskerHeaven HuskerHeaven says, if he can give you any input since he is the RGH Support God lmao.

Sir Matrix

Sir Matrix

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, that was even my own personal picture after I did it :tongue:

The only thing I can think of is that how you have it soldered now, isn't working out.

I'd suggest soldering it on the flat line like where I did, and then shorten the wire, cause you definitely don't wanna have a long *** wire like that coming out haha. 
Also, I'd see what HuskerHeaven HuskerHeaven says, if he can give you any input since he is the RGH Support God lmao.
Heh alright give me a sec to shorten the wire and re-join the connections

Top Bottom
Login
Register