What's new

Solved Total newbie

G

Gert444

Reaction score
Sin$
hi total newbie to this modifying malarkey?
Just purchased a second hand xbox 360 with some games, finding that it won't play some of them and it won't update via xbox live , says it needs update, then won't load it . I presume this is due to the box being modified ? After reading a few items and finding that it has the xel reloaded screen when you use eject button, I find from the fail code that it requires the 17150 update ?
How do I find out the info I need to update the box, and most of all how do I do it ?
Need a thicko's guide/tutorial if poss, and will this let me play some newer titled games ?
Sorry to be a pain but would love to be able to do this myself if poss.
Many thanks for your help

T

Toothless

7s Official Dragon
Reaction score
Sin$
hi total newbie to this modifying malarkey?
Just purchased a second hand xbox 360 with some games, finding that it won't play some of them and it won't update via xbox live , says it needs update, then won't load it . I presume this is due to the box being modified ? After reading a few items and finding that it has the xel reloaded screen when you use eject button, I find from the fail code that it requires the 17150 update ?
How do I find out the info I need to update the box, and most of all how do I do it ?
Need a thicko's guide/tutorial if poss, and will this let me play some newer titled games ?
Sorry to be a pain but would love to be able to do this myself if poss.
Many thanks for your help
If it boots into Xell Reloaded then it's modded. You will have to update using XeBuild. You need your CPU Key and flashmp.bin. CPU Key can be found by booting up in Xell it will be above DVD Key. You can get flashmp.bin from Simple 360 Flasher.

G

Gert444

Reaction score
Sin$
Many thanks got it all updated now with your fantastic help .
Next I'm onto burning iso's , is there a simple way to do that for 360 ?

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Many thanks got it all updated now with your fantastic help .
Next I'm onto burning iso's , is there a simple way to do that for 360 ?
Do you have a dvd drive that can burn xgd3 games?
Btw, what type of hack do you have on your console?

G

Gert444

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know , to be honest .
Total novice at this , what do I need to get in relation to hardware and software ?
And is there a tutorial as simple as the upgrade dashboard one was ?
Thanks

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know , to be honest .
Total novice at this , what do I need to get in relation to hardware and software ?
And is there a tutorial as simple as the upgrade dashboard one was ?
Thanks
If you followed the tutorial I posted, what hack type did you select in xebuild?
Or actually, did you use the tutorial I posted? It doesn't really matter what type of hack you have as it's only for "hard modded" consoles.

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Any news on game ISO, burning from anyone ?
As stated I am total newbie
You don't need to burn ISOs on a jtag-ed or rgh-ed (hard modded) console, in fact you can't play burned games without a console that has LT+ firmware on the dvd drive. What you can do is play games from an internal/external hard drive or a usb flash drive. First you will need to convert the ISO file to a GOD or xex (extracted) game. This video will show you how to extract ISOs. I can link you to a tutorial on how to convert ISOs to GOD, but extracted games are easier to use and mod most of the time, plus the extraction of an ISO file is faster than the conversion of an ISO file to a GOD format.

G

Gert444

Reaction score
Sin$
Want thanks for your advice , do I just download a game ISO and then extract it ? I will have a look at your video tomorrow, if you could send me a link to the conversion to god file also , I will then be able to try both methods .
The Xbox 360 that I have brought has the rgh mod but it does play the burt ISO discs, does this mean that it has the firmware you mentioned ?
Many ,many thanks for your help

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Want thanks for your advice , do I just download a game ISO and then extract it ? I will have a look at your video tomorrow, if you could send me a link to the conversion to god file also , I will then be able to try both methods .
The Xbox 360 that I have brought has the rgh mod but it does play the burt ISO discs, does this mean that it has the firmware you mentioned ?
Many ,many thanks for your help
Yes, that means that it has the LT+ firmware on it. However, without a special dvd burner burning xgd3 games is going to be hard.
And yes, you either extract the ISO or convert it to GOD.
Here is a video on converting an ISO to GOD.

Top Bottom
Login
Register