What's new

Discussion Thoughts on Pen Touch Tablet?

• Thread starter Grimatic
  • Start date
  • Views 1,337
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grimatic

Grimatic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been considering purchasing a Pen Touch Tablet. Does anyone own one, would it be worth it?

Grimatic

Grimatic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What would you be using it for?

Possibly brushing in illustrator. I'm not really much of an illustrator, but I've heard some people see it more comfortable even when doing non-illustrative work.. I wonder if that's true.

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Possibly brushing in illustrator. I'm not really much of an illustrator, but I've heard some people see it more comfortable even when doing non-illustrative work.. I wonder if that's true.
I have one and I use it for more detailed brush work in Ps but that's about it. Get a cheap one to start with to see if you use it and then go from there.

Grimatic

Grimatic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have one and I use it for more detailed brush work in Ps but that's about it. Get a cheap one to start with to see if you use it and then go from there.

Nice man, do you tend to use it as much as you hoped?

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice man, do you tend to use it as much as you hoped?
Nope. Only really use it if I'm not feeling lazy to get it out because I've got a smaller workspace. When I do use it though I get some good results.

Grimatic

Grimatic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nope. Only really use it if I'm not feeling lazy to get it out because I've got a smaller workspace. When I do use it though I get some good results.

Sorry to bombard you with questions- I honestly haven't got the chance to talk to someone about them.

When I read reviews, everyone said they were great.. However, I feel those were digital artists more than graphic designers.. Concerning the graphic design aspect of your work; do you think it'd be worth it? Or should I stick with the old fashioned mouse?

I truly feel I'd experiment with it often, maybe even attempt to get into illustration, but I honestly have no skills with it comes to the traditional method of drawing. I sometimes sketch smaller details into photo manipulations when needed, but not the large details.

BTW, the signature I've been seeing on your works looks nice. Seems a tablet would have a lot of beneficial values for odds and ends. If I did get something- I'd probably invest in something cheaper (like you) to see what it's like.

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry to bombard you with questions- I honestly haven't got the chance to talk to someone about them.

When I read reviews, everyone said they were great.. However, I feel those were digital artists more than graphic designers.. Concerning the graphic design aspect of your work; do you think it'd be worth it? Or should I stick with the old fashioned mouse?

I truly feel I'd experiment with it often, maybe even attempt to get into illustration, but I honestly have no skills with it comes to the traditional method of drawing. I sometimes sketch smaller details into photo manipulations when needed, but not the large details.

BTW, the signature I've been seeing on your works looks nice. Seems a tablet would have a lot of beneficial values for odds and ends. If I did get something- I'd probably invest in something cheaper (like you) to see what it's like.
For design, IMO, you are better of with a mouse because you can be more precise with placement and location of things. Tablets are better if you are making signatures like some of the things I've made in the past because you can get smoother movements for lighting and blending.

Grimatic

Grimatic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For design, IMO, you are better of with a mouse because you can be more precise with placement and location of things. Tablets are better if you are making signatures like some of the things I've made in the past because you can get smoother movements for lighting and blending.

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate your advice. It's some good to know stuff. I would've been sorta in the dark if you hadn't filled me in.

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks a lot man, I appreciate your advice. It's some good to know stuff. I would've been sorta in the dark if you hadn't filled me in.
Anytime. Feel free to PM me any time if you want to chat.

Max Zaicev

Max Zaicev

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
dont use pen tablets but their alright all tho laptops/pc better :biggrin:

Grimatic

Grimatic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
dont use pen tablets but their alright all tho laptops/pc better :biggrin:

Well, like graphic tablets :tongue: You know, how you can "draw" on the pad and it translates it to a computer. I'm not a big fan of actual computing tablets. Old fashioned computer style, brah. :cool:

VirtusGraphics

VirtusGraphics

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I got myself an Intous 3, and when the Cintiq collection rellef out, I got myself a Wacom Cintiq 12wx. A few years ago now, tho but I do use when drawing or working on digital calligraphy. I have used it slightly less than expected, as I don't use it whenever I'm on the PC. I have some periods I use it a lot. I'm happy with the purchase.

Laxus

Laxus

Deus
Reaction score
Sin$
I have one, but I mainly use it for osu. It's called the XP-Pen G430, and it's relatively cheap. I've done some drawing on it, and it's pretty nice. I like it, but I also probably have smaller hands than you.

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly I have a pen touch pad for my pc but I use my iPad with the Apple Pencil and I would hands down recommend that over any tablet for your pc. That is if you have the iPad already because it can get pricey. I got my iPad 2018 from Comcast for 5$ monthly for 12 months and then got an Apple Pencil for 99$ which I definitely suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register