• Start date
  • Views 374
CreepAchu

CreepAchu

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I just got the game yesterday. I was amateur at best in Ds1. I learned how to bait parrys, roll Bs. counter Bs fishers, counter stun lock. An i could hold my own in a gank. Not win, but i could hold out while doing massive amounts of damage.
I've only won 4 ganks that i can remember. Not including just hitting the host off cliffs

• I can tell their are big changes in Ds2. The parry's, harder to do with a shield it seems now. I've got it somewhat down in PvE but for PvP. You literally have to time it so right. That you knock the blade it feels as soon as it would hit you. Which to me is more difficult sense i have to time the shields bash away and predict when they'd swing an when the blade would make contact.

• The guard break and the jump attack keep messing up to me. I can see for the guard break, you can't just look in any direction an guard break in another. Your character has to be facing that direction or you'll just swing your sword. When i try, i always end up swinging instead of doing the move an the jump doesn't wanna do it when i know i hit up an RT at the same time

• Dodge rolling seems a little more different, i can dodge most attacks but i always do it to early a lot of times it seems. An can you still roll through spells like wog or pursuer type spells?

• Back stepping ill have to get use to sense you can dodge with that now.

Basically, any tips or tricks that id need to know to improve in the new PvP system would be helpful.
I know the lock on Bs doesn't work anymore or atleast way more difficult, stun lock counter is gone.

Side note: I will be starting over. Killed the emerald herald at level 18. (curiosity) went to the 2 boss fights with the old dragon slayer and the other guy. old dragon slayer got me. I was surprised at how little summons signs i saw there at 18. the giant guys aren't a lot of trouble.

Last edited:
MF DOOM

MF DOOM

Best Tekken player in Manchester :3
Reaction score
Sin$
Know your build : What will you be aiming for? PURE strength, miracles, Miracle knight; there are a lot of high rated builds out there you can use or make one yourself be creative and use your mathematical skills to devise a sinister build.

In-depth look: Figuring out what attributes do what try looking here it looks useful.

PVP: Lots of people use other peoples builds so with that said you can plan around these builds efficiently letting you take the win easily as for gankers try your best haha.

Covenants: Which will you become? this is entirely your own preference do you like helping for invading? there's even two covenants for PVE. This HERE is very useful on covenants.

Secrets!: There are many secrets within Darks Souls 2 and they both too require either a press of the button A(Xbox)/X(Playstation) or a smack am pretty sure some doors require a smack

Xbox - PC: Me being as a dark souls player I have seen that the most notable people have change from Xbox/Ps3 dark souls to the PC so to me I believe Xbox is kinda dead to be honest, Good look trying to get a summon I'm sure there are a few thousand people still playing it on the Xbox haha.

Last but not lease: you might as well buy the new DLC's I believe the areas will be more populated that then norm game.

To be honest PC gaming isn't my thing I can't really get into the whole sit uncomfortably in a chair business I mean I know you can have wireless stuff but buying the hardware or pre-made I don't care for so...
Buy this game for PC I swear you would find it much more enjoyable.​

CreepAchu

CreepAchu

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Know your build : What will you be aiming for? PURE strength, miracles, Miracle knight; there are a lot of high rated builds out there you can use or make one yourself be creative and use your mathematical skills to devise a sinister build.

In-depth look: Figuring out what attributes do what try looking here it looks useful.

PVP: Lots of people use other peoples builds so with that said you can plan around these builds efficiently letting you take the win easily as for gankers try your best haha.

Covenants: Which will you become? this is entirely your own preference do you like helping for invading? there's even two covenants for PVE. This HERE is very useful on covenants.

Secrets!: There are many secrets within Darks Souls 2 and they both too require either a press of the button A(Xbox)/X(Playstation) or a smack am pretty sure some doors require a smack

Xbox - PC: Me being as a dark souls player I have seen that the most notable people have change from Xbox/Ps3 dark souls to the PC so to me I believe Xbox is kinda dead to be honest, Good look trying to get a summon I'm sure there are a few thousand people still playing it on the Xbox haha.

Last but not lease: you might as well buy the new DLC's I believe the areas will be more populated that then norm game.

To be honest PC gaming isn't my thing I can't really get into the whole sit uncomfortably in a chair business I mean I know you can have wireless stuff but buying the hardware or pre-made I don't care for so...
Buy this game for PC I swear you would find it much more enjoyable.​
I honestly don't know, I never have a build in mind that I try for. I end up just putting points into what i figure i need most when i need it. Is adaptability even needed? mines at like 9 an i can seem to evade fine but idk if it would become better (if needed ill just use my soul vessel :tongue:)

I haven't found any covenants, except the victors one an id rather enemies not be harder just yet.

As for secrets, i found a few. I know ill have to end up back tracking A LOT lol

As for the system, i was on xbox an i saw plently. even if cross region restricted. Finally pulled a guard break off on a player, took 5 tried haha.

MF DOOM

MF DOOM

Best Tekken player in Manchester :3
Reaction score
Sin$
PVP Build level caps out at 120 as said by peeve and Oroborus. - if you want to just pvp it up
Adaptability influences your Iframes I think it caps off around 35 not sure Mainly used for PVE.
Covenant locations are scattered; in majula there sits a crestfallen warrior if you talk to him enough he will let you join blue covenant he is sitting in front of the lighthouse.

RollingStone4Life

RollingStone4Life

Reaction score
Sin$
I really hated this game at first! But after i dug in it was rather easy! I always started with warrior or knight got strength, dex, enfurance to 30. After that i worked on intelligence and faith! The buffs you can get really do help a lot! After i beat the game i liked the dlcs except the ivory king. That dlc is just a pain to beat and was challenging! Hopefully you figured out your build already and it worked

Garrus Vakarian

Garrus Vakarian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
loved this game my advice is to get a lot of souls and dont charge forward untill your ready also the short sword i think is its name is what i used through the whole game after upgrading it lastly get the blacksmith daughter to come back itll save you from grinding
i used to be sl 360ish but sold the game so have fun dieing

RollingStone4Life

RollingStone4Life

Reaction score
Sin$
I used a great sword from vengrawl and infused with lightning...does really well just a little slower but black knight ultra greatsword was good. i liked the crystal magic and dark greatsword as a buff until NG+ you get fire buff

Top Bottom
Login
Register