Discussion Theory On Ultra Black

• Thread starter ZACKASAURUSREX
  • Start date
  • Views 2,029
Z

ZACKASAURUSREX

Reaction score
Sin$
So I'm sure many of you are familiar with the recent gametype mods by TrustySn00ze the latest being bonus slayer 1.30 zulu at around version 1.27 I believe he added the ability to take over the spawnable NPCs after becoming a monitor when you take over a spartan NPC it transfers your color and visor color settings over to that NPC or your team color to it however when you take over an Elite its whole body becomes your visor color because elites dont normally have a visor this bug results this is especially interesting regarding the Black Visor because the Elite becomes Ultra Black so if this bug is a result of a mismatch in armor settings by having a visor equipped on an elite and not simply some weird side effect of the script processes of mangalo I was wondering if somehow editing your .GPD to be an elite and have a visor equipped at the same time would result in the same thing specifically black visor to be Ultra Black.

Last edited:
Z

ZACKASAURUSREX

Reaction score
Sin$
I'd also like to clarify why there are no more modded colors besides Ultra White available by set color this is because ultra white is a placeholder it is 1e and 1f because these values count up in hexdecimal from the last actual color 1d in order to complete the period(.) character after 1f the character changes and thus any entry will be recognized as an invalid entry however these placeholders 1e and 1f both equal the character period(.) so they are seen as valid entries however on the spartan you actually see an absence of color it only shows the material which for neutrality is naturally pure white this also explains why in lobby the nameplate is transparent because the values entered are actually the absence of color.

Last edited:
Appul

Appul

Reaction score
Sin$
i do not believe ultra black has a hex value, but i do believe the zombie color (ultradrab) must exist

Z

ZACKASAURUSREX

Reaction score
Sin$
You' re half right there is no hex value for ultra-black, as I explained above the only reason there are colors (ultra-white) besides the default built in colors is because the hex values 1e and 1f are seen as valid entries due to them equaling the period(.) character. However they aren't actual colors they're the absence of color the white is simply the base texture of the spartan. Ultradrab is a color made by the gametype script just like the other forced colors such as black and white however note that the forced white color is not ultra white just as the forced black color is not ultra black, my theory is that the ultra black is not a hex value but rather a glitch of applying the black visor to an elite because elites can't have visors this happens when the setting is attempted to be swapped onto an elite through gametype modding I was wondering if the same settings were possible through .gpd editing.
Screenshot.ashx
As you can see ultra-black does not reflect light the armor has no sheen to it. This was taken on a retail console using trustysn00zze's gametype mod this is what happens when the game attempts to apply your color and visor color settings to an elite whom obviously cannot equip a visor my actual color was full ultra-white but as you can see the ultra-black overrides this another interesting thing to note is due to the nature of this glitch it overrides team colors as well so if this were possible through .gpd editing it would go with you into team games. However if you try this while your preffered race is elite all things transfer right and if you try to take over a spartan your visor color is default even if in your spartan settings you have a different visor equipped because while youre an elite your visor setting is null and void.

Last edited:
L

loma101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Interesting theory... sounds promising. I'd much rather have UltraBlack than UltraWhite.

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
So I'm sure many of you are familiar with the recent gametype mods by TrustySn00ze the latest being bonus slayer 1.30 zulu at around version 1.27 I believe he added the ability to take over the spawnable NPCs after becoming a monitor when you take over a spartan NPC it transfers your color and visor color settings over to that NPC or your team color to it however when you take over an Elite its whole body becomes your visor color because elites dont normally have a visor this bug results this is especially interesting regarding the Black Visor because the Elite becomes Ultra Black so if this bug is a result of a mismatch in armor settings by having a visor equipped on an elite and not simply some weird side effect of the script processes of mangalo I was wondering if somehow editing your .GPD to be an elite and have a visor equipped at the same time would result in the same thing specifically black visor to be Ultra Black.
Sounds like a smart theory, but with that being said, I think id doesn't have variable options for elites in hex or I'd be a recon elite lol. But I am willing to help you test this theory!

T

Ttwistterr

Reaction score
Sin$
I think somebody had ultra black their name was invisible and they were black...

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
I think somebody had ultra black their name was invisible and they were black...
If it was in custom games or matchmaking, they would of been not moving around, and staying in the same spot because I have found some glitch spots where the shading of the maps is "Buggy" and it makes you pitch black, not a mod but a glitch. 
were does it say download
:what:
Just go to the halo reach :Modded lobbies and get in a prestige lobby mate, just kidding. But there is no download.

Top Bottom
Login
Register