What's new

Discussion The State of MW3 in 2016

What Call of Duty game do you encounter the most modders/hackers in?

• Total voters
Nothingbutbread

Nothingbutbread

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The "next" generation of consoles have launched. Several new Call of Duty games have risen and fallen with with the sun. MW3 launched on 11/8/11, making the game over 4 years old. How "playable" are things in MW3? I'm about to review my findings from personal experience.

This is how it was within the first year of release:
MW3 was my first COD that got that was in season; Black ops 2 was not released when I got my hands on a copy of it in April of 2012. Face-off mode was introduced around that time(I think). At this time, I played the game about 10 - 20 hours a week. I noticed Invisible people every other player session. They were a problem even when the game was young. They were the biggest problem in 2V2 back when upwards of a thousand people were in that playlist at a time on the PS3. I would see them at least once a session. In the Face-off playlists they were not a rare sight.

This is how it is now over 4 years later.
I played MW3 pretty hard this last 2 weeks. I played some 2v2 and 1v1 and mixed in some TDM and Infected. I didn't encounter anyone that was using any cheats in game since I picked it up again and played it heavily nearly 2 weeks ago. Even in the 2V2 game mode that was prone to invisible nut-jobs, I didn't find anyone using an invisible class or mods. I checked the in-game leader boards looking for the tell tale signs of active mod use. Absolutely nothing. Either I had gotten lucky these past few weeks or the modders have moved on. This game is very playable, in fact unlike games like MW2, WaW and BO2 this game is clean of modders. The player count is far lower than it was when it was the new game on the block. It seems that the modder population has moved on, likely to Black ops 2 or newer games. The overall health of the game now is higher than it was during its first year of launch.

Have you found anyone rocking the invisible class in the past few months? Have you found any nut-jobs that were clearly using constant advanced UAV and/or wallhack? Any Xp lobbies? If so, comment. MW3 seems be that one dying Call of Duty that hasn't yet fallen to the state of is predecessors.

O

oldie

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not a modder or hacker, just trying out some of the older games online & came across this site trying to find out what happened. I play legit & started MW3 on PS3 online about three weeks back levelling up to 80.

A couple of days ago I spawned into a GW lobby & it was obvious from the start something wasn't right. It was far too quick, dieing every few seconds & tried to leave the game but wouldn't let me. The game ended soon afterwards only for me to then find out I had been deranked/levelled down to zero & lost all my classes/weapons. Only my unlocked emblems & signs were left.

Perhaps it's these Phantom losers I've heard about and the whole lobby was targeted, it just seems really odd that legit players are targeted so much from reading other forum threads. Perhaps they just target everyone. I don't mind the modders as you can quite easily tell who they are but to derank a user is just pointless.

It's a shame really as it's such a good game.

Last edited:
AndrewCrosland

AndrewCrosland

Reaction score
Sin$
For one I love mw3, it's a game like no other. But the fact I got de-ranked 3 times in the past month does put me off the game.

Thanks.

OMG Its 1337

OMG Its 1337

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I would say mw3 has most modders. I guess im a modder for my triger finger..

B

blue_dwarf

Reaction score
Sin$
I play Mw3 on xbox360 about once a week. It was my favourite game til I was deranked now I cant go more than a game or two without some dude or more being invisible etc(Mainly french players Ive noticed). Game isnt playable without a hack now sadly

2wmt

2wmt

uh oh
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
MW3 is very playable you have like a 50% chance you will encounter some kind of modder

B

blue_dwarf

Reaction score
Sin$
I dont mind modders, I`d love a wallhack myself I`m on about invisibility/god mode (in a party then why not but general gameplay against others?), theres no skill involved and no way an opponent can retaliate or avoid it. You are probably right about 50/50 chance though so point taken.

Nasyr

Nasyr

Everyone deserves a second chance!
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't play Modern Warfare 3 that often now but when I pop on my PS3 and put it on I never encounter anyone glitching or modding in the game. In my eyes the game is solid and still as great as it was upon first release.

C

Credit 00

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I won't go near it now thanks to the de-ranking, this is why I 1st signed up here as a sinner to have my game fixed. The De ranking of random people is unacceptable, I use my legit account with COD most of the time so no thank you.

W

WWE

Retired
Retired
Trifecta Mr. Nice Guy Community Spotlight
Reaction score
Sin$
I barely run into invisible people. I love the game. Favorite CoD of all time. As for modded lobbies, I barely run into them.

Top Bottom
Login
Register