Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DJ Shepherd

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
GaryGodX said:
That wouldn't make to much seance because when you download a map from custom games or bungie.net doesn't just change the KV to your own then anyone who downloaded any modded map will be ban then and we all know that won't happen!!!
thats because bungie doesnt have the actual container file, the kernel extracts the file out of the container, bungie gets the container, then when you download just the file, the xbox kernel stores it in the container file with your keyvault

T

TheMLG Blackout

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
unknown v2 said:
If someone from Microsoft gets their hands on a file signed by that KV, they will probably ban it.

so if i signed a modded halo 3 map with my KV and they found that modded map and madded the KV would that meen that all my saves, gamertag, noramly made maps and things would stop working?

also would my KV change after it gets banned or will it keep resiging saves with the KV and getting the corrupt sign up as its been banned?

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
loogash said:
so if i signed a modded halo 3 map with my KV and they found that modded map and madded the KV would that meen that all my saves, gamertag, noramly made maps and things would stop working?

also would my KV change after it gets banned or will it keep resiging saves with the KV and getting the corrupt sign up as its been banned?

If the KV that gets banned is the one your 360 uses and you update your box so that it's listed as banned, all your saves will be corrupted, even things that aren't modded, because it's like your 360 is using a signer with a banned KV.

Your KV doesn't change by itself.

S

Shadow LAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Let me put it to you guys this way. All stolen/public resigners are now dysfunctional, In my opinion Microsoft did hard working modders a great service. So heres how this works, any and all resigners being made public will be banned, Creating a new one will not help. If you get your own keyvault congratz you deserve your resigner, if you cannot or refuse to learn or think its too much trouble, you shouldn't have had a resigner in the first place. Now you can always use a invite-only resigner that Microsoft cannot get their hands on, and I think this is a quite efficient approach seeing as the people being accepted in usually are done so selectively and very few people being selected in are prone to abuse con, because well lets face it. Nobody wants an xbox that can't run any content. So really your two choices are as stated before.

1 - Actually work hard and do something for yourself and get your keyvault.
2 - Get into a selective private society by proving yourself worthy and not abusive.

This is really how con resigning should have been like from the start.

T

T3AB4GG3R117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Shadow LAG said:
Let me put it to you guys this way. All stolen/public resigners are now dysfunctional, In my opinion Microsoft did hard working modders a great service. So heres how this works, any and all resigners being made public will be banned, Creating a new one will not help. If you get your own keyvault congratz you deserve your resigner, if you cannot or refuse to learn or think its too much trouble, you shouldn't have had a resigner in the first place. Now you can always use a invite-only resigner that Microsoft cannot get their hands on, and I think this is a quite efficient approach seeing as the people being accepted in usually are done so selectively and very few people being selected in are prone to abuse con, because well lets face it. Nobody wants an xbox that can't run any content. So really your two choices are as stated before.

2 - Get into a selective private society by proving yourself worthy and not abusive.

Did Shadow Lag just post???
384758803_ce5a120521.jpg

TerminatioN

TerminatioN

Salty Retired
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
T3AB4GG3R117 said:
Did Shadow Lag just post???
384758803_ce5a120521.jpg
Sometimes I really wish someone would invent a way to slap someone in the face over the internet. <_<

Shadow LAG said:

You "1337" modders act as if this is something that should be earned only because when everyone can do it your cool factor goes back down to zero. Get a life please. You're not cool just because you can mod and I know that you truly couldn't care less about the people who "abuse" this. Halo 3 should be like Halo 2 is now. Everyone can mod, just not in matchmaking.

Thats the way it SHOULD be. You people make me sick. Glad I sold my box.

T

T3AB4GG3R117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
TerminatioN said:
Sometimes I really wish someone would invent a way to slap someone in the face over the internet. <_<

You "1337" modders act as if this is something that should be earned only because when everyone can do it your cool factor goes back down to zero. Get a life please. You're not cool just because you can mod and I know that you truly couldn't care less about the people who "abuse" this. Halo 3 should be like Halo 2 is now. Everyone can mod, just not in matchmaking.

Someones really jelous.

S

Shadow LAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
TerminatioN said:

This is really comical to me, let me explain why. First this is why I stopped posting here. Everyone gets into this paranoid state where they create this image of the more privileged modders as some sort of corrupt Nazi government. People then lose track of the line between ideal image and reality by doing this they make up scenarios in their head such as every "l337" modder (as you say) out their are greedy, egotistical, noob flaming, jackasses... These people making these scenarios then chose to believe in them, and thats the way things are to aim frustration. In your eyes I'm some jackass that likes to flame noobs and likes to be greedy. In otherwords anyone thinking this way is overly paranoid. Now don't get me wrong there are some ego jobs out their and some greedy people, but classifying a group of modders as to be the greedy, cool factor type is simply the same as calling all modders cheaters. Now let me tackle your last statement. You say that "we" which I assume you are speaking to me in your ideal image of "l337 modders", get angry when everyone else gets what we have, and because others get what we have we get angry since we are not unique anymore. When infact this is a childish interpretation and completely tactless. Every hard working modder who's name is public who has something unique has obtained it by either contributing, sacrificed something, is trusted, or is the root hard working creator. To sidestep your paranoia the "l337" modders are not angry because they are no longer unique but because something hard earned was stolen, bastardized, and abused in mass proportions. Its not about being unique and to prove this, read your very own quote. In the quote it clearly mentions that I support anyone working hard for themselves or gaining trust of others by contributing, Now if I was so worried about being unique and all powerful, I wouldn't have said I respected those people who do for themselves now would I? its all about effort and labor and earnings. Thats how the real world works. I only stated things are back an order because people simply aren't getting things for free any longer. In other words your whole statement is very paranoid, bandwagon bait, and very factless and contradictory.

T

T3AB4GG3R117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry I brought this up can we get back on topic though?

S

Shadow LAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sure can, but should I point out that this topic was derailed by a diet mod? X_X

T

T3AB4GG3R117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Shadow LAG said:
Sure can, but should I point out that this topic was derailed by a diet mod? X_X
I still think it may be partially ot fully my fault.

anyway

*backontopic*

TerminatioN

TerminatioN

Salty Retired
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
T3AB4GG3R117 said:
Someones really jelous.
Someones really likes to SPAM. <_<

Shadow LAG said:
This is really comical to me, let me explain why. First this is why I stopped posting here. Everyone gets into this paranoid state where they create this image of the more privileged modders as some sort of corrupt Nazi government. People then lose track of the line between ideal image and reality by doing this they make up scenarios in their head such as every "l337" modder (as you say) out their are greedy, egotistical, noob flaming, jackasses... These people making these scenarios then chose to believe in them, and thats the way things are to aim frustration. In your eyes I'm some jackass that likes to flame noobs and likes to be greedy. In otherwords anyone thinking this way is overly paranoid. Now don't get me wrong there are some ego jobs out their and some greedy people, but classifying a group of modders as to be the greedy, cool factor type is simply the same as calling all modders cheaters. Now let me tackle your last statement. You say that "we" which I assume you are speaking to me in your ideal image of "l337 modders", get angry when everyone else gets what we have, and because others get what we have we get angry since we are not unique anymore. When infact this is a childish interpretation and completely tactless. Every hard working modder who's name is public who has something unique has obtained it by either contributing, sacrificed something, is trusted, or is the root hard working creator. To sidestep your paranoia the "l337" modders are not angry because they are no longer unique but because something hard earned was stolen, bastardized, and abused in mass proportions. Its not about being unique and to prove this, read your very own quote. In the quote it clearly mentions that I support anyone working hard for themselves or gaining trust of others by contributing, Now if I was so worried about being unique and all powerful, I wouldn't have said I respected those people who do for themselves now would I? its all about effort and labor and earnings. Thats how the real world works. I only stated things are back an order because people simply aren't getting things for free any longer. In other words your whole statement is very paranoid, bandwagon bait, and very factless and contradictory.
Firstly, learn to write in paragraphs please, its extremely hard to try and read a wall of text. I don't mean this as an insult, but really, it makes everyone's life so much easier.

Secondly, if you people really mod for aesthetic reasons (for the sake of modding) as you imply then you are shooting yourselves in the foot. The only reason things are stolen, bastardized etc. is because they were not released to the general public.

And thus if you want this to happen, you should act as you say like it is in the "real world" and formally present/publish your work for the general public's viewing (in the form of information or a program or w/e) and officially take credit for it. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it being stolen as everyone would know that person was the original creator.

And yet you modders do NOT do this. You keep everything to yourselves and VERY RARELY let anything out of your tight knit circle (jerk?). And THAT is why your argument is invalid.

Good day sir.

T

T3AB4GG3R117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
TerminatioN said:
I have apologized for that, now please handle this through AIM.

S

Shadow LAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
TerminatioN said:

Firstly, learn to write in paragraphs please, its extremely hard to try and read a wall of text. I don't mean this as an insult, but really, it makes everyone's life so much easier.

Secondly, if you people really mod for aesthetic reasons (for the sake of modding) as you imply then you are shooting yourselves in the foot. The only reason things are stolen, bastardized etc. is because they were not released to the general public.

And thus if you want this to happen, you should act as you say like it is in the "real world" and formally present/publish your work for the general public's viewing (in the form of information or a program or w/e) and officially take credit for it. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it being stolen as everyone would know that person was the original creator.

And yet you modders do NOT do this. You keep everything to yourselves and VERY RARELY let anything out of your tight knit circle (jerk?). And THAT is why your argument is invalid.

Good day sir.

So let me simplify this. Your basically saying that because we don't publish things that belong to us, that it gives people the right to steal and abuse a work? So what your saying is, is I can steal your car because you didn't let me drive it? Sir what planet are you living on?

Also need I point out that you are continually derailing a thread let alone flaming a member with a moderator status?

TerminatioN

TerminatioN

Salty Retired
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Shadow LAG said:
So let me simplify this. Your basically saying that because we don't publish things that belong to us, that it gives people the right to steal and abuse a work? So what your saying is, is I can steal your car because you didn't let me drive it? Sir what planet are you living on?

Also need I point out that you are continually derailing a thread?

Firstly, I never said people had the right to steal your work. Don't put words into my mouth. My point is that if you were truly modding for the sake of modding (as you seem to claim to be) then you would release your work to the general public like people do, as you say, in the "real world". Then if you did that, you wouldn't have to worry about it getting stolen as you'd already have established it as yours.

To put it into an analogy for you, right now, its like modders are writers and they are writing books, but not letting anyone read them, even though everyone wants to read them. Then someone somehow gets a copy of the book and lets everyone read it FOR FREE (charging money for it would be different). No, its not right to steal, but not sharing with people is selfish, and immature.

Secondly, if I'm "continually derailing a thread" couldn't the exact same be said of the last few posts of yours?

Lastly, just because this is off on a bit of a tangent, it is extremely relevant to the topic of "NXE and CON Resigning" so I'm not exactly sure how you get off saying my posts are "derailing a thread".

S

Shadow LAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Its our right to keep things we made, its our work, your more then welcome to create something yourself, your more then welcome to contribute and become trusted. Modders don't owe you anything, they used their precious time and hard work to create something magnificent, they are not obligated to give anything to you, and no matter how you word it, stealing, is stealing and its morally wrong, and in the real world we go to work everyday and bust our asses to get payed so we can enjoy the pleasures of life, there is no reason why someone should have to share their paycheck with some people who are fully capable of going to work and getting their own jobs but chose not to. This isn't a case of "look what I have and you don't" but a case of "I worked hard on this, and I shouldn't have to worry about people stealing things that belong to me". Detox, Anthony, Veegie, and many others worked very hard and shouldn't have to worry about things getting out of hand. People must now work to achieve their goals rather then leaching off others intelligence which is what angers you. Stop complaining about things that are rightfully the creators that you can't have and make an effort to do something. I support anyone who works for themselves which is what this whole conflict was about, but I guess you somehow missed that part. I'm done here. I think thats all that needed to be said.

TerminatioN

TerminatioN

Salty Retired
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Shadow LAG said:
Its our right to keep things we made, its our work, your more then welcome to create something yourself, your more then welcome to contribute and become trusted. Modders don't owe you anything, they used their precious time and hard work to create something magnificent, they are not obligated to give anything to you, and no matter how you word it, stealing, is stealing and its morally wrong, and in the real world we go to work everyday and bust our asses to get payed so we can enjoy the pleasures of life, there is no reason why someone should have to share their paycheck with some people who are fully capable of going to work and getting their own jobs but chose not to. This isn't a case of "look what I have and you don't" but a case of "I worked hard on this, and I shouldn't have to worry about people stealing things that belong to me". Detox, Anthony, Veegie, and many others worked very hard and shouldn't have to worry about things getting out of hand. People must now work to achieve their goals rather then leaching off others intelligence which is what angers you. Stop complaining about things that are rightfully the creators that you can't have and make an effort to do something. I support anyone who works for themselves which is what this whole conflict was about, but I guess you somehow missed that part. I'm done here. I think thats all that needed to be said.
So let me summarize here. "ITS OURS AND WE DON'T HAVE TO SHARE IT!" Thats basically all I'm getting from this. There is almost no reason NOT to share with people other than selfishness and that M$ may find ways to stop it like they did, in which case you are still being selfish.

I understand you put a lot of time and hard work into it, but the prestige and respect you get from the entire halo community should be enough payment and incentive. Thats like saying if someone found a cure for cancer they should keep it to themselves because they are the ones who put all the time and money into it. Thats retarded.

E

Eazy B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im going to side with Shadow on this one, your analogy on the 'books' not being read is profoundly wrong, as the books were never 'published'. Taking Termination's point of view would be like saying, JK Rowlings is writing the next Harry Potter and isnt letting us read the manuscript, so we're going to steal it and spread it all around. Don't say that the con resigner was never going to be shared, because the evidence of the HaloMods Container Tool refutes that. The reasoning behind the holding back of it was for the protection of xbox live, if people hadn't stolen things and abused positions there might have been an actual release. Sure this release might have been limited to Halo 3 Content or other save files, but if it wasn't things like the infamous 'iF***Bit***' account would be possible. I don't know about you, but our respect for Microsoft is a little higher than that. Seeing modded account data spells piracy, which in itself is something I wouldn't want to be responsible for. Your standards or morals might be different, but it was our work, so therefore it isn't up to anyone but the creators. Alot of people jump to the conclusion that initial workers are 'selfish' without realizing the Pandora's box that they didnt want to open.
As Diet moderator of this section, I say that there will be no more posts of this nature in this thread. Any further posts will be deleted.

TerminatioN

TerminatioN

Salty Retired
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Eazy B said:
Im going to side with Shadow on this one, your analogy on the 'books' not being read is profoundly wrong, as the books were never 'published'. Taking Termination's point of view would be like saying, JK Rowlings is writing the next Harry Potter and isnt letting us read the manuscript, so we're going to steal it and spread it all around. Don't say that the con resigner was never going to be shared, because the evidence of the HaloMods Container Tool refutes that. The reasoning behind the holding back of it was for the protection of xbox live, if people hadn't stolen things and abused positions there might have been an actual release. Sure this release might have been limited to Halo 3 Content or other save files, but if it wasn't things like the infamous 'iF***Bit***' account would be possible. I don't know about you, but our respect for Microsoft is a little higher than that. Seeing modded account data spells piracy, which in itself is something I wouldn't want to be responsible for. Your standards or morals might be different, but it was our work, so therefore it isn't up to anyone but the creators. Alot of people jump to the conclusion that initial workers are 'selfish' without realizing the Pandora's box that they didnt want to open.
As Diet moderator of this section, I say that there will be no more posts of this nature in this thread. Any further posts will be deleted.

Wow, its pretty sad when people can't discuss things on a DISCUSSION board without mods deleting it. <_<

T

T3AB4GG3R117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
TerminatioN said:
Wow, its pretty sad when people can't discuss things on a DISCUSSION board without mods deleting it. <_<
What does spreading things that don't belong to you have to do with "The NXE and CON Resigning"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register