What's new

Discussion The company called OnePlus

zKumar

zKumar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
We all know about the smartphone manufacturer OnePlus who made one of the best phones of the year. It was called the One. It had top specifications and a very low price. Everyone wanted their hands on one but OnePlus had an invite system so it would be awhile for you to get one. Lots of people were mad about this because this was the best phone for the price. Now OnePlus stopped the invite system for the One and made the phone cheaper. It also shipped with Cyanogen OS but CyanogenMod and OnePlus had a falling out in India. Now the phone has no Cyangoen branding on it also the phone ships with OxygenOS and HydrogenOS in China.

The OnePlus Two called the 2016 Flagship Killer by OnePlus is in a bad spot. It has the same thing from last year... The best specs on the market today and a low price of $329 for 16GB and 3GB of ram while as $389 for 64GB and 4 GBs of RAM. OnePlus said there was an new and improved invite system but that is wrong so far with invites taking longer and longer than expected. OnePlus decided to make a reservation list with almost 4 million people signed up. Here is an statement from OnePlus forum Admin Carl.

Friends,

I know we promised that it would be easier to get invites for the OnePlus 2 this time around. Yet, the struggle to get an invite is more real than ever. The launch has been a rollercoaster ride both for our users and for OnePlus.

I want to clarify the situation with our invite and product rollout. On Monday, we wrote a note about a 2-3 week delay in North America. I want to let you know that we’re going to slow the rollout of invites in other regions as well in the coming few weeks.

At OnePlus, we focus on creating the best product, and then letting it spread on its own through word of mouth. Word of mouth is extremely important for OnePlus. This allows us to have a very low marketing overhead, and distribute products direct to consumer in a more efficient manner.

For a smartphone, early word of mouth cements the perception people have of the product throughout its entire lifecycle. While early reviews have been favorable, we still think we can do much better. There is continuous work being done on OxygenOS to improve the overall product experience.

In addition, we’ve seen a few cases where the material of the new USB Type-C cable is not holding up to our standards. This is being resolved upstream.

For these reasons, we will be rolling out invites slowly to closely monitor and act on user feedback.

If you have the OnePlus 2 and are facing any issues, our support team is on standby to help. Visit them at oneplus.net/support.

We’d like more than anything to get the OnePlus 2 in your hands as soon as possible. Just bear with us for a tiny bit more.

I think it is not wise to get this phone even though I love my OnePlus One. Would you get a phone that had an invite system and long wait times?
Source: OnePlus Forums, Android Police, OnePlus.net, Android Central, Android Authority, G+, and RedditView attachment 2920

Ephemera

Ephemera

This is my part nobody else speak
Reaction score
Sin$
Didn't read it but based off what I already know, I'm not willing to purchase the phone, I had the OnePlus One and wasn't a fan. I'll stick to my Find7a and it's lovely VOOC.

S

Scarlett Johansson

(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Sin$
I didn't read it as well, but OP had a great phone at first, but their second phone was just disappointing even the Moto X surpassed it.

SneakiestKent

SneakiestKent

Black Desert Online
Lifetime
A Milli Artist Treasure Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
There 2nd phone wasn't such a hype for as much as their first. Hopefully they roll out some cool updates.

Top Bottom
Login
Register