Blaze

Blaze

In your mind
VIP
Retired
Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
OKAY HERE WE GO: Rusty Rusty InfectHead InfectHead Slicerwolf Slicerwolf Habofro Habofro
Parts photo:
jvcDh.jpg
Second pic
IE3PA.jpg

In the bubble wrap is the RAM and DVD drive, the box infront of the motherboard is the corsair vengence 1500.

Update Day 1:
First Test build.
lfpC2.jpg

Update 2 : In case and working
MdBke.jpg
Dat RAM :tongue:
Questions please in this thread. Specs in my sig.

My thread: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/any-computer-geniuses.786943/page-3#post-5795501

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/in4y

OT: Very nice! I plan to get mine pretty soon.

Rusty

Rusty

See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil.
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
Never did the test setup ****, just went straight ahead and put it in the case.
But really nice man, good job.

InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
And everyone thought I was weird for not testing it.

I didn't either :tongue: It's good practice though, because if you've got a faulty part then it's much easier to troubleshoot from outside the box.

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
Sin$
Spite

Spite

Enthusiast
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Never did the test setup ****, just went straight ahead and put it in the case.
But really nice man, good job.

And everyone thought I was weird for not testing it.

You don't need to do it but it helps detect a DOA/faulty component. It's a good help if you do it before hand if you have a custom watercooling loop and you go all out and you have installed your water blocks and got the loop ready, leaked tested it and everything only to find out you have a dead motherboard and you need to drain the loop and take it apart and then try and find out what the problem is first then you'll have to RMA the motherboard (or whatever component it may be) which will take sometime, install the waterblocks and tubing again.

For myself I'd rather do an external build anyway as it doesn't really take that much time.
---
Anyway on topic, nice build. =]
---
Habofro Habofro change the PSU to something like the HIVE 650W, it's a much better PSU and is reliable unlike the builder series. Plus it's semi modular and for $20 extra I'd take it as the CX600 could easily fail. And if it's a problem switch to a simple ODD, you don't really need a Blu-Ray drive unless you watch Blu-Ray anyway which will save you about $20.

For the HDD, I personally would get Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB but that's just my preference.

Other than the PSU, it's a good a build and you could easily add in a GPU of preference depending on the person's budget.

Top Bottom
Login
Register