What's new

Discussion Suggest me a good gaming mechanical keyboard.

• Thread starter MrKratos
  • Start date
  • Views 781
MrKratos

MrKratos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi fellas, suggest me a good gaming mechanical keyboard except Roccat.

C

Cloudraker

Reaction score
Sin$
Im currently using the Logitech G910, and honestly i love it. I was rocking the 710+ prior to this one, but in all honesty, the customization of the lighting makes this one tough to beat. I did have the ME3 version of the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate and it was a pretty damn sweet keyboard as well. If it was me, i would do either the 910 or one of the BlackWidows.

iGLaDOS

iGLaDOS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Logitech makes some good stuff. I would recommend a corsair vengance k70

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Cooler Master Quickfire series, any of 'em really but the TK is usually pretty affordable. Vengeance K70 is not terrible. Logitech do have some good stuff but I tend to recommend CM or K70 over Logitech.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Cooler Master Quickfire series, any of 'em really but the TK is usually pretty affordable. Vengeance K70 is not terrible. Logitech do have some good stuff but I tend to recommend CM or K70 over Logitech.
I highly recommend getting Cherry MX browns if you get any of those keyboards, OP. Sanctorum Sanctorum , too lazy to google it but does Logitech use cherry switches?

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I highly recommend getting Cherry MX browns if you get any of those keyboards, OP. Sanctorum Sanctorum , too lazy to google it but does Logitech use cherry switches?
I know the G710 is Cherry MX but I think that might be it tbh. I don't really like Logitech personally, the products I have owned from Logitech were all fairly poor quality so I just tend to stay away from them.

iGLaDOS

iGLaDOS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I know the G710 is Cherry MX but I think that might be it tbh. I don't really like Logitech personally, the products I have owned from Logitech were all fairly poor quality so I just tend to stay away from them.
I haven't owned a keyboard by them I just love their optical mouses. So I can't speak too much on the quality of their typing products. I have heard good stuff about CM keyboards. Interested to try one out. Can someone tell me why some people die for keyboards without the number pad? I personally prefer having one and never got why people like ones without it.

And to Chazay Chazay I prefer Blue switches(:

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't owned a keyboard by them I just love their optical mouses. So I can't speak too much on the quality of their typing products. I have heard good stuff about CM keyboards. Interested to try one out. Can someone tell me why some people die for keyboards without the number pad? I personally prefer having one and never got why people like ones without it.

I've owned Logitech keyboards, mice and headsets. I've had some good stuff from them but just good, not great, and I've had a lot of bad, cheaply made stuff from them. I know they make some nice stuff but I prefer to avoid them now. I've typed on a QuickFire TK, it was a great keyboard, I always recommend it. Many of my friends own it. I own a K70 but the Quickfire was a close 2nd. I don't understand the tenkeyless thing either, I hate using keybaords without a num pad. I'm also a Blues guy.

iGLaDOS

iGLaDOS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've owned Logitech keyboards, mice and headsets. I've had some good stuff from them but just good, not great, and I've had a lot of bad, cheaply made stuff from them. I know they make some nice stuff but I prefer to avoid them now. I've typed on a QuickFire TK, it was a great keyboard, I always recommend it. Many of my friends own it. I own a K70 but the Quickfire was a close 2nd. I don't understand the tenkeyless thing either, I hate using keybaords without a num pad. I'm also a Blues guy.
What kind of mouse do you use nowadays? I prefer optical and am looking at the logitech g303 because it's pretty simple and doesn't have a thousand buttons or look like a robot lol

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
What kind of mouse do you use nowadays? I prefer optical and am looking at the logitech g303 because it's pretty simple and doesn't have a thousand buttons or look like a robot lol
I use the Corsair Raptor M45 and love it. The Cooler Master Storm Xornet is also a great mouse. I think the Xornet is hard to come by now, but I'm not too sure. I definitely recommend the M45 but if the red LEDs look out of place with your set up, it's not worth it IMHO. 
Oh, and here's a thread for help with mice;
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

iGLaDOS

iGLaDOS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I use the Corsair Raptor M45 and love it. The Cooler Master Storm Xornet is also a great mouse. I think the Xornet is hard to come by now, but I'm not too sure. I definitely recommend the M45 but if the red LEDs look out of place with your set up, it's not worth it IMHO. 
Oh, and here's a thread for help with mice;
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0
I like the simplicity of the m45. I'm probably gonna end up getting the logitech g303 though. it has a really great sensor and RGB lighting which I think is becoming the standard.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

Its harder and more expensive to the the quickfires with blues. Also, there are many quick fires with and without numpads, availability is the troublesome part.
I've read that the logitechs are nothing compared to the alternive boards on the price range. I have a quickfire with browns that I love and a k70 rgb with reds that would be perfect if it was in browns.

(-_-)

(-_-)

6/22/13
CotM TotM FotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Its harder and more expensive to the the quickfires with blues. Also, there are many quick fires with and without numpads, availability is the troublesome part.

I've read that the logitechs are nothing compared to the alternive boards on the price range. I have a quickfire with browns that I love and a k70 rgb with reds that would be perfect if it was in browns.
The only good things they make are mice and webcams.

Holy Jesus

Holy Jesus

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Most gamers prefer red or browns. Blues are annoying as f*** unless you type a lot and can value the tactility over the noise. I have a board with each of the 4 mainstream switches and I've got a board lying around with MX Greens too, so if you have any specific questions feel free to ask me.

Overall though with the (very) limited criteria I'd recommend something from the CoolerMaster quickfire range. They are really cheap and there's a wide selection of layouts available so you can find something that suits you. There are TKL boards without numpads and full sized boards, there's even a hybrid which has the arrow keys incorporated into the numpad. Heaps to choose from, you just need to decide what you want and then go for it.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Most gamers prefer red or browns. Blues are annoying as **** unless you type a lot and can value the tactility over the noise. I have a board with each of the 4 mainstream switches and I've got a board lying around with MX Greens too, so if you have any specific questions feel free to ask me.

Overall though with the (very) limited criteria I'd recommend something from the CoolerMaster quickfire range. They are really cheap and there's a wide selection of layouts available so you can find something that suits you. There are TKL boards without numpads and full sized boards, there's even a hybrid which has the arrow keys incorporated into the numpad. Heaps to choose from, you just need to decide what you want and then go for it.
But reds are not good IMO.

/Typed on a Corsair RGB with Reds.

Holy Jesus

Holy Jesus

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
But reds are not good IMO.

/Typed on a Corsair RGB with Reds.
I occasionally use my board with reds for gaming but I don't love typing on it. They are so great for double tapping and you can sit the key just above the actuation point for a lightning fast reaction. Anything is better than typing on a rubber dome though.

Top Bottom
Login
Register