What's new

Discussion Spotify Coming to the PlayStation 4 and Xperia devices.

Inkd

Inkd

I’m parting the sea between brightness and me
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
AALt6jK.png
According to an announcement on the official Playstation blog, Spotify LTD and Sony are working together to create PlayStation Music. This is the first time Spotify has made its way onto any gaming platform. PlayStation Music will allow users easy access to over thirty million songs on their Playstation 3, Playstation 4, and Xperia tablets and mobile devices. Although similar to Sony's previous music streaming application, Music Unlimited, PlayStation Music includes several up to date features which were previously unavailable.

One of the most exciting new features of PlayStation Music is users will have the ability to stream music while they play. Only PlayStation 4 owners will have the ability to stream music while playing games. Sony described that linking your PlayStation account to Spotify is completely effortless. Users will have the ability to purchase Spotify Premium straight from their PSN wallet. PlayStation Music requires users to purchase a Spotify Premium membership to enjoy all of the delightful features that are included within the PlayStation Music experience. As of now, Spotify Premium is available for $10 on Mobile and Desktop devices.

Sony's original music streaming application, Music Unlimited, will be unavailable after March 29th, 2015. Sony made is clear that Music Unlimited users who purchased subscriptions as of February 28 will receive free access to PlayStation Music. PlayStation Music will be available in forty-one countries at launch. We can expect more information prior to the release date regarding transferring music to accounts. Sony has not disclosed whether PlayStation Music will be available for PlayStation plus subscribers and for PlayStation Vita users. Due to the recent announcement of Sony stopping support for Google Maps, YouTube and several other applications on the PlayStation Vita, chances of PlayStation Music making its way to the Vita are very slim. PlayStation Music will be available in late Spring 2015.

Source, Source, Source

Last edited:
Pie

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I love Spotify but it's only good on Mobile Devices & PC. I feel as on consoles, it would suck.

Senex

Senex

✅ Obsession Engaged
Programmer Bug Finder TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I love Spotify but it's only good on Mobile Devices & PC. I feel as on consoles, it would suck.
Even though this is true, this will (according to the articles about this) also allow Spotify music to be played during video game play. I enjoyed this on Xbox 360, while I couldn't do it on PS4 just yet, mainly because I despised Music Unlimited, but now I can actually. Well, soon, but you get it, right? :tongue:

There's only one thing I don't understand. Why are all the articles listing Xperia as a platform? Don't they run Android, allowing you to download the Spotify app anyway? Why would you need Spotify through Playstation Music on that?

Pie

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Even though this is true, this will (according to the articles about this) also allow Spotify music to be played during video game play. I enjoyed this on Xbox 360, while I couldn't do it on PS4 just yet, mainly because I despised Music Unlimited, but now I can actually. Well, soon, but you get it, right? :tongue:
I have a soundbar w/ subwoofer for my pc just for spotify so I kinda just stick to that :tongue: I have my pc and xbox on the same desk so not like I need spotify on a console :tongue:

Do ne

Do ne

I don't even. Wait, what?
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a soundbar w/ subwoofer for my pc just for spotify so I kinda just stick to that :tongue: I have my pc and xbox on the same desk so not like I need spotify on a console :tongue:
Exactly same here. And in my mind when i say Spotify i get a computer image in my brain.

But, i guess some will like it though. And it's cool for those who want it on their consoles.

Salus

Salus

Contributor
Mr. Nice Guy Experienced Veteran Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$

Exactly same here. And in my mind when i say Spotify i get a computer image in my brain.

But, i guess some will like it though. And it's cool for those who want it on their consoles.
I just use a flashdrive loaded with a few hundred songs I can jam out to on my x360 :biggrin:

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry Inkd Inkd , but we won't be promoting this to the Homepage at this time. I hope to see more submissions from you in the future.

Top Bottom
Login
Register