Retired
Scaling the Mountain Journalist AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
nerdsplease said:
I'm on Xbox, so I can use this method to get unlimited ammo, correct?:
Yes , that is still the correct method.

nerdsplease said:
Back to the backpack... ...what do you mean by that exactly?

Overfill your backpack with items that you don't need. When you find items that want , you can swap them and your backpack will remain overstuffed.

nerdsplease said:
how come you have so many different codes for each gun?

Each gun prefix has there own set of codes.(one for each elemental type)

Sorry to step on your toes Sparfire Sparfire . People keep telling me I need to post more.:tongue:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
nerdsplease

nerdsplease

Reaction score
Sin$
Overfill your backpack with items that you don't need. When you find items that want , you can swap them and your backpack will remain overstuffed.
Ohhhh, I see - thanks! So I can use Gibbed to add say 50 random item codes to my backpack, then it will show 50/39 items in my inventory in the game, and when I find an item I like, equip the one I want to get rid of, then hold X to swap it out for the item on the ground that I want? What do I do if I want something from a vendor (not that that ever happens!)?

Each gun prefix has there own set of codes.(one for each elemental type)
I've taken a shock gun, changed the element to fire in Gibbed and when I loaded up the game it changed the prefix automatically to the fire element prefix. Am I missing something?

Sorry again for the noob questions and thanks again for your help as well!

Upvote 0
DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Ohhhh, I see - thanks! So I can use Gibbed to add say 50 random item codes to my backpack, then it will show 50/39 items in my inventory in the game, and when I find an item I like, equip the one I want to get rid of, then hold X to swap it out for the item on the ground that I want? What do I do if I want something from a vendor (not that that ever happens!)?
That's exactly what you do. Make sure to make at least a couple for each type of equipment too.

I've taken a shock gun, changed the element to fire in Gibbed and when I loaded up the game it changed the prefix automatically to the fire element prefix. Am I missing something?

Sorry again for the noob questions and thanks again for your help as well!
The name of a weapon is automatically generated by the game depending on what parts are on it.

Upvote 0
nerdsplease

nerdsplease

Reaction score
Sin$
That's exactly what you do. Make sure to make at least a couple for each type of equipment too.
Good reminder about making a couple for each type of equipment! I wouldn't have thought of that!

As for my vendor question, I haven't tried this yet (won't be able to play until later tonight), but if I am over-capacity and want an item from a vendor, can I not just equip one of the items I don't want, drop it, then purchase the item from the vendor and it will move to my empty equip spot? Or will the vendor recognize I'm over-capacity and not let me buy the item?

The name of a weapon is automatically generated by the game depending on what parts are on it.
Right, so then it is only technically really necessary to have one code for any given item, since you can used Gibbed to change it to whatever you want and the game will rename it accordingly... so the fact that there are multiple codes is for convenience then? (so people don't have to tinker with it in Gibbed - they can just paste the code and be done with it?)

Again, thank you to everyone for being patient with me and answering my questions! :smile:

Upvote 0
Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You can not buy anything from the machine with a full backpack, even if you have nothing equipped. I tried. :wink:

Technically you need only one code for each item, yes. There are several reasons why we have multiple codes listed in the Gallery.

1. It is easier/faster to copy and paste a code than changing it in Gibbed.
2. It shows your options.
3. It would not feel complete otherwise.
4. It looks pretty badass. :wink:

Upvote 0
nerdsplease

nerdsplease

Reaction score
Sin$
You can not buy anything from the machine with a full backpack, even if you have nothing equipped. I tried. :wink:
:frown:
I guess a workaround is to load up a slplitscreen mule and have them buy it, then drop it on the ground for you to pick up.

Technically you need only one code for each item, yes. There are several reasons why we have multiple codes listed in the Gallery.

1. It is easier/faster to copy and paste a code than changing it in Gibbed.
2. It shows your options.
3. It would not feel complete otherwise.
4. It looks pretty badass. :wink:
Okay, perfect, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something! Definitely awesome that you added multiple codes to save people time and make things easier. The gallery is awesome!

Upvote 0
Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
:frown:
I guess a workaround is to load up a slplitscreen mule and have them buy it, then drop it on the ground for you to pick up.

Okay, perfect, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something! Definitely awesome that you added multiple codes to save people time and make things easier. The gallery is awesome!
I would say a mule is the best way to get it done, yes.

I'm glad you like the Gallery, so do I! :smile:

Upvote 0
GrandTheftWalrus

GrandTheftWalrus

Reaction score
Sin$
Just saying a massive thank you to sparfire and domin8 for putting this together. There's something reassuring about knowing you can have any item without a ridiculous grind to get it!

Upvote 0
Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Gallery is back up. New link on the first page.

It was only down because I refused to keep paying for it. That issue is now resolved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rampetrabbit

Rampetrabbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
what are the codes for and how do you use them?

They are for guns, guns, guns oh and other gear. Copy and then use the paste tab in gibbs then level to your liking.
Sparfire and DOMIN8 are the shiz we love you guys :love:

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register