Not open for further replies.
W

WWE

Retired
Retired
Trifecta Mr. Nice Guy Community Spotlight
Reaction score
Sin$
My turtle give vague sound when connected to my adapter. I have X12's and I have my USB connected to my Xbox but I have a pink and green wire that won't go into my TV. I don't know how to make the sound work properly. The mic cable is connected into my adapter and I have tried putting up volume from TV which gave sound from TV and put adapter volume on max.

Life

Life

Graphics Are Life
Artist Reporter A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
My turtle give vague sound when connected to my adapter. I have X12's and I have my USB connected to my Xbox but I have a pink and green wire that won't go into my TV. I don't know how to make the sound work properly. The mic cable is connected into my adapter and I have tried putting up volume from TV which gave sound from TV and put adapter volume on max.
Make sure you have the settings on the Xbox set up correctly too. Id recommend a YouTube video on which settings to use.

W

WWE

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You need this.
https://gyazo.com/471b88279f8cfe14dd85a56e215d9b56
Plug green into that and then plug the AV cords into it and then connect it to your TV. Your headset should have came with em
I have those but with the HDMI cable and stuff I can't use the red and white.
Make sure you have the settings on the Xbox set up correctly too. Id recommend a YouTube video on which settings to use.
I've looked over YouTube and couldn't find anything.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
By "Adapter" do you mean this? Which would imply that you don't have a 3.5mm controller, correct?

915854bc7520d976672a6bdfe79b3286.png

If so, you plug the mic cable into the adapter, like you have, then I believe you need to go to your accessory settings and make it so the controller recognizes it.

Sound will NOT come from the TV volume, so you don't need to touch that.

With the X12s, you can turn up Bass, Game Audio, and Chat Audio directly from the headsets. Since you're getting the game audio from the adapter, it will be the Chat Audio that raises and lowers the audio, so make sure that's up. On the adapter itself, make sure the + is up all the way (that's the audio volume that comes from the adapter) and make sure you balance out the + controller button and the + person button on the adapter so you can hear the game and chat audio at the same time.

W

WWE

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
By "Adapter" do you mean this? Which would imply that you don't have a 3.5mm controller, correct?

915854bc7520d976672a6bdfe79b3286.png

If so, you plug the mic cable into the adapter, like you have, then I believe you need to go to your accessory settings and make it so the controller recognizes it.

Sound will NOT come from the TV volume, so you don't need to touch that.

With the X12s, you can turn up Bass, Game Audio, and Chat Audio directly from the headsets. Since you're getting the game audio from the adapter, it will be the Chat Audio that raises and lowers the audio, so make sure that's up. On the adapter itself, make sure the + is up all the way (that's the audio volume that comes from the adapter) and make sure you balance out the + controller button and the + person button on the adapter so you can hear the game and chat audio at the same time.
Yes I have that since the new Xbox one S controller is not a 3.55. I've done all the accessory things and stuff and have used the + and minus but nothing. I don't use PX22's anymore so I got X12's.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
I have those but with the HDMI cable and stuff I can't use the red and white.

I've looked over YouTube and couldn't find anything.
Yeah, still hook up the HDMI for video. I had to do this on my 360 and it worked. I'd assume it'll work on Xbox One too.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, still hook up the HDMI for video. I had to do this on my 360 and it worked. I'd assume it'll work on Xbox One too.
The Xbox One doesn't have A/V cords, so that cord wouldn't work.
Yes I have that since the new Xbox one S controller is not a 3.55. I've done all the accessory things and stuff and have used the + and minus but nothing. I don't use PX22's anymore so I got X12's.
Hm. Check the settings tab when you double tap the home button and make sure the headset volume is up too. There's no reason this shouldn't be working.
Edit: I just read that the Xbox One S controller does have a 3.5mm port.

W

WWE

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

Hm. Check the settings tab when you double tap the home button and make sure the headset volume is up too. There's no reason this shouldn't be working.
So I could just plug in my mic into the console or what do I do? I have zero knowledge about 2.55 or 3.55 mm. All I know is I can't hear any sound.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
So I could just plug in my mic into the console or what do I do? I have zero knowledge about 2.55 or 3.55 mm. All I know is I can't hear any sound.
Under the controller there should be a small port where the Chat cable goes. It makes it so you don't need the adapter.

xbox-one-new-controller.jpg

W

WWE

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Under the controller there should be a small port where the Chat cable goes. It makes it so you don't need the adapter.

xbox-one-new-controller.jpg
I know about the chat cable, that's not my worry, my worry is the fact that I can't hear through my turtle beaches. I plugged the USB into the back end of the console and used the adapter. I plugged in adapter and used the game setting on adapter and held it so it was all the way up and even used the + button to double check to make sure it's up. When I did that the sound was very light and weak.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I know about the chat cable, that's not my worry, my worry is the fact that I can't hear through my turtle beaches. I plugged the USB into the back end of the console and used the adapter. I plugged in adapter and used the game setting on adapter and held it so it was all the way up and even used the + button to double check to make sure it's up. When I did that the sound was very light and weak.
I'm just saying to test it by plugging the cable into the 3.5mm port on the controller without the adapter and see if that works.
So can you hear the audio but it's just very faint and quiet? If that's the case, it's because there's no power in the headset.

W

WWE

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm just saying to test it by plugging the cable into the 3.5mm port on the controller without the adapter and see if that works.
So can you hear the audio but it's just very faint and quiet? If that's the case, it's because there's no power in the headset.
I just did a test. I plugged my turtle beaches into my Xbox 360 and it worked perfectly fine. The sound was perfect. I went back to Xbox one and it was weak and quiet.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I just did a test. I plugged my turtle beaches into my Xbox 360 and it worked perfectly fine. The sound was perfect. I went back to Xbox one and it was weak and quiet.
So there's no power to the headset. Good, we know the problem.

Did you try plugging the USB in a different port on the Xbox One to see if it works?

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$

Oh yea, and that was why I ended up buying the X0 Sevens..
Maybe you just need to go into the settings on the console and turn it all the way up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register