What's new

Discussion Soon to be the end of online modding?

will we run out?

• Yes eventually

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • Nah

Votes: 71 65.7%

• Total voters
Spennyvsspenny

Spennyvsspenny

Reaction score
Sin$
I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't care to modify the actual games themselves I just want to be able to install emulators, apps, new dashboards, all that jazz... Lol
Maybe I'm just missing the whole point lol

Casp

Casp

VIP
VIP
Retired
Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't care to modify the actual games themselves I just want to be able to install emulators, apps, new dashboards, all that jazz... Lol
Maybe I'm just missing the whole point lol
I'm pretty sure you need to fully JTAG/RGH your Xbox for that. If you're disregarding online modding you're saving yourself a lot of time and money, and I consider you a smart man.

Spennyvsspenny

Spennyvsspenny

Reaction score
Sin$
If you're disregarding online modding you're saving yourself a lot of time and money, and I consider you a smart man.
I'm pretty much done with 360 online.

I've always enjoyed single player or co-operative story/campaigns more than multiplayer online. Plus if you don't buy good internet it's not enjoyable anyways.

Hende

Hende

PC Master Race
Free Hoster Grizzled Veteran A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm pretty much done with 360 online.

I've always enjoyed single player or co-operative story/campaigns more than multiplayer online. Plus if you don't buy good internet it's not enjoyable anyways.
For what you want to do you still have to JTAG or RGH as Casp Casp said, Offline modding doesn't cost anythings which is remarkable considering how much can be spent on Online modding. Go ahead and have fun!

DaVibezVirus

DaVibezVirus

Da REAL Vibez © V13ES-YT ®™EST! 2014=17150 + 17559
Reaction score
Sin$
There were still official PS2 servers up until last month (source)

XBL on 360 is still printing money for Microsoft. The fees collected from XBL Gold are staggering and M$ is not in a hurry to end that cash flow.

The last year and half+ of 360 hardware production has exclusively been the Winchester motherboard (360 E). This has not even been hacked yet (but will soon, watch out for CoolRunner v5).

The KV supply is not going anywhere any time soon, and if you want to be paranoid I would just buy a bunch of KVs now while they are dirt cheap. Then you can use NiNJA and last 9+ months (source)
But lifetime prices tho?! Should have a sale.. . Lol

NiNJA

NiNJA

WWW.XBLS.NiNJA
Verified
Reaction score
Sin$
But lifetime prices tho?! Should have a sale.. . Lol
Lifetime is not priced to sell. Out of the ~10,000 unique CPUs on NiNJA there are only 161 enabled lifetime consoles, and that's for a reason. It's not in our interest to sell it

DaVibezVirus

DaVibezVirus

Da REAL Vibez © V13ES-YT ®™EST! 2014=17150 + 17559
Reaction score
Sin$
Lifetime is not priced to sell. Out of the ~10,000 unique CPUs on NiNJA there are only 161 enabled lifetime consoles, and that's for a reason. It's not in our interest to sell it
R.I.P Lifetime.. and of course. ..,understandable

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Low key I can get xbox 360 consoles for $10 aud so I'll be fine on keyvaults.

B

BallParkMods

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
dont they say the 360 servers will shutdown by the beginning of this new years ?

NiNJA

NiNJA

WWW.XBLS.NiNJA
Verified
Reaction score
Sin$
dont they say the 360 servers will shutdown by the beginning of this new years ?
Absolutely not. The head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, said "the 360 servers will remain online for years" in April 2016.

Hende

Hende

PC Master Race
Free Hoster Grizzled Veteran A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
Absolutely not. The head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, said "the 360 servers will remain online for years" in April 2016.
I think because of the backwards compatibility they are being held online for longer than originally said.

x64

x64

Grammar Nazi Beginning of An Odyssey Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think we are ever going to run out of KVs, but they will become more expensive.

Kazr

Kazr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
though its already been said the servers will be cut before the kv's run out, though the type one kv's will start dropping in numbers if any type was to go first but as most people don't own a xenon and there so many RROD Xenons chances are won't run out anyways, though with the amount of units on sale world wide compared to the modding comunity size extra it would take a extramly long time to ban them all and i doubt that anyone will be playing or be willing to keep a old gen console going for decades

isellpower

isellpower

Reaction score
Sin$
Ugh "ps3 here we come"
There are far more less xbox modders as I wonder how easy it is to install ps3 cfg mods or something.

Kazr

Kazr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
what's the best way to get the longest lasting kv times possible modding say older cods and gta 5 using ninja, i personally play legit with xuid spoofer most time time i'm on, and i do recoveries and host private lobbies for people sometimes. This in in the time i've been on, also do you's sell lifetime and if so how much, i wanna give me lifetime account from server i have been using to a friend and go to ninja as apparently you guys are a bit better with protection and have a better up time

NiNJA

NiNJA

WWW.XBLS.NiNJA
Verified
Reaction score
Sin$
what's the best way to get the longest lasting kv times possible modding say older cods and gta 5 using ninja, i personally play legit with xuid spoofer most time time i'm on, and i do recoveries and host private lobbies for people sometimes. This in in the time i've been on, also do you's sell lifetime and if so how much, i wanna give me lifetime account from server i have been using to a friend and go to ninja as apparently you guys are a bit better with protection and have a better up time
First, the official NiNJA thread is here, bro

You don't have to do anything special to last months and months on NiNJA. My main advice is to make sure the CPUKey.bin/txt matches the KV.bin you use - we are going to add a notification soon so you know if it matches. Until we add that notification however, the only way to know for sure the CPUKey.bin/txt matches the KV is if you extracted it yourself, or the seller is someone you trust IMMENSELY and they themselves extracted the KV. *MOST* sellers generate a fake CPUKey.txt because they don't think it matters, and they don't have the real original CPU (but want to make the sale no matter what) :\

Skate Or Die!
Journalist Services Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I feel like there is some secret to KV's these kv sellers know that we dont lol. How are they able to sell so many for so cheap. I feel like they figured out how to generate them or something and isn't telling anyone or are able to somehow inject some onto microsoft's server and sell it as a real one maybe idk.

Read the thread, post #14 explains the procedure.

pLTPF

pLTPF

I am NOT LeafyIsHere
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe a KV generator exists, I see no reason for someone to mod xboxs all day for $1 or so. These kv suppliers get like 300 or so kvs at a time. Who has enough time to rgh 300 Xbox for maybe $400. That's countless hours or work.

Top Bottom
Login
Register