• Start date
  • Views 4,466
J

JimTheGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I recently did the RGH2 mod on my Trinity Slim console, heres the steps I took

1) Created an LPT wire using the Ultimate xbox RGH guide and got 2 matching nand dumps(on like the 2nd and 5th try)[note: I did not have my matrix flasher yet]

2) I soldered wires to coolrunner and stuck it into the xbox

3) I then ordered and used a matrix flasher in order to flash my coolrunner cr3 lite with trinity timing files which was successful using this guide(http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...ld-coolrunner-glitch-chip-programmer.1317809/)

4) I connected the other ends of the coolrunner wires to the xbox motherboard itself and then used specific settings from ultimate xbox rgh guide(dip switches, shorting certain points, etc).

5) I accidently forgot to write/create ECC to nand and booted up console, no display on screen and solid red light on coolrunner.

6) I realised my mistake and then used the same LPT cable to create ECC using J-Runner and then write it using nandpro commands(as stated in Ultimate xbox rgh guide). It wrote it sucessfully.

7) I booted up console again, no luck, solid red light on coolrunner, no green light at all ,fan spins up, no display.

Note: I had my LPT cable soldered in the entire time(not connected to PC though.) I was going to need it later on anyways to flash custom nand so why remove it.

Any ideas? I think my soldering is decent. heres pics:

Last edited:
J

JimTheGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Try removing your LPT from the console, and installing the Matrix. And then try and flash the ECC once more, also, make sure you are using one of the matching NAND dumps when you create the ECC.

Yeah. I selected the two matching dumps in J-Runner, clicked nand compare to make sure they were the same, then created ecc and copied it to nandpro folder where i used the command to write it via LPT

Snowy

Snowy

Let it snow
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah. I selected the two matching dumps in J-Runner, clicked nand compare to make sure they were the same, then created ecc and copied it to nandpro folder where i used the command to write it via LPT
Try writing it to the NAND using the matrix (remove the LPT and install the matrix into the NAND reading points).

Chuckemz

Chuckemz

Jedi Sensei
Reaction score
Sin$
You should try writing the original nand back to the xbox to verify if the console still boots retail then go from there create ecc flash it also i would take a look at your B point try cleaning it up a bit

J

JimTheGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You should try writing the original nand back to the xbox to verify if the console still boots retail then go from there create ecc flash it also i would take a look at your B point try cleaning it up a bit
Yeah. Point B was a real pain but i eventually soldered it, I checked for continuity with the points around it and it seemed okay, it was connected to the right point. Should I just use some isopropyl alcohol?

Also, should I write the original NAND using LPT or with the matrix SPI flasher(with J-Runner im assuming?)

Snowy

Snowy

Let it snow
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah. Point B was a real pain but i eventually soldered it, I checked for continuity with the points around it and it seemed okay, it was connected to the right point. Should I just use some isopropyl alcohol?

Also, should I write the original NAND using LPT or with the matrix SPI flasher(with J-Runner im assuming?)
Why on earth would you use an LPT cable rather than the Matrix? Lmao, just use the matrix, it is probably much better (no offense). And yes, use J-Runner to flash the previous NAND.

J

JimTheGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Try writing it to the NAND using the matrix (remove the LPT and install the matrix into the NAND reading points).
Right now the ECC has been flashed to the NAND. So if I read it with the new matrix nand flasher SPI wouldn't it give me the ECC image and not the original nand?. Should I first using the matrix nand flasher to flash the original dump file which was got using LPT back to the xbox NAND then see if it boots retail, if so then I should read the nand again, make a new ECC and flash that using the matrix? 
Why on earth would you use an LPT cable rather than the Matrix? Lmao, just use the matrix, it is probably much better (no offense). And yes, use J-Runner to flash the previous NAND.

Initially when I had read my NAND I didn't have the matrix flasher, but then I realized I needed it to program the coolrunner.

Also does my soldering look okay? What's your best guess on what the issue is. Im really new to this stuff.

Chuckemz

Chuckemz

Jedi Sensei
Reaction score
Sin$

Use the matrix SPI flasher to flash original nand back to console , check if it boots and then go from there.

Snowy

Snowy

Let it snow
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Right now the ECC has been flashed to the NAND. So if I read it with the new matrix nand flasher SPI wouldn't it give me the ECC image and not the original nand?. Should I first using the matrix nand flasher to flash the original dump file which was got using LPT back to the xbox NAND then see if it boots retail, if so then I should read the nand again, make a new ECC and flash that using the matrix?

Initially when I had read my NAND I didn't have the matrix flasher, but then I realized I needed it to program the coolrunner.
Yes. But if I'm not mistaken, you will need to desolder your CR3 first (just desolder the wires from the actual CR3, not the board)

Also does my soldering look okay? What's your best guess on what the issue is. Im really new to this stuff.
I meant, to flash the prevous NAND. I understand about the LPT cable :tongue: .
I'm not too sure about soldering (can't see too well on this laptop) but, it looks okay to me (okay - this is not a definite)

J

JimTheGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes. But if I'm not mistaken, you will need to desolder your CR3 first (just desolder the wires from the actual CR3, not the board) 

I meant, to flash the prevous NAND. I understand about the LPT cable :tongue: .
I'm not too sure about soldering (can't see too well on this laptop) but, it looks okay to me (okay - this is not a definite)

Are you sure I have to desolder the wires from the CR3 side? Or can I just desolder like 3.3V so it wont run.

Snowy

Snowy

Let it snow
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you sure I have to desolder the wires from the CR3 side? Or can I just desolder like 3.3V so it wont run.
I'm not overly certain, but the logic works out for you just to desolder the 3v3, but I would desolder all (just to be safe), but, do whice one you want.

J

JimTheGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
nandprogrammer-instalado_zps23f2f58b.png

This diagram is okay right for reading the NAND?
I plan on adding some pin headers to the matrix board and then just using some of the dupont cables(female to male)

Snowy

Snowy

Let it snow
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
nandprogrammer-instalado_zps23f2f58b.png

This diagram is okay right for reading the NAND?
I plan on adding some pin headers to the matrix board and then just using some of the dupont cables(female to male)
The diagram looks okay, the NAND read points haven't changed.

J

JimTheGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The diagram looks okay, the NAND read points haven't changed.

I'll try dumping original nand in a while. I just realised that after I had installed the coolrunner and had not flashed the ECC yet(i.e the original nand was still on xbox) I booted up the console with the coolrunner in PRG mode meaning no LEDs were lighting up on the coolrunner and it was off and the xbox still failed to boot. Think that means I screwed something up during my installation of the coolrunner. I remember testing the xbox after I read NAND using LPT and it worked fine. I'm suspecting I screwed up the point B or something around it.

Snowy

Snowy

Let it snow
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll try dumping original nand in a while. I just realised that after I had installed the coolrunner and had not flashed the ECC yet(i.e the original nand was still on xbox) I booted up the console with the coolrunner in PRG mode meaning no LEDs were lighting up on the coolrunner and it was off and the xbox still failed to boot. Think that means I screwed something up during my installation of the coolrunner. I remember testing the xbox after I read NAND using LPT and it worked fine. I'm suspecting I screwed up the point B or something around it.
If you fired up the console in Program mode, it would not have booted.

J

JimTheGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you fired up the console in Program mode, it would not have booted.

I've read in some other threads that instead of desoldering wires from the coolrunner to test retail nand you can just switch it to PRG. But ofc that didn't work for me. I'm gonna go ahead with the matrix setup, only hope I've got. Im quite sure I haven't screwed anything up, maybe it was just a bad flash with the LPT

Rodent Modz

Rodent Modz

Jtags/RGHs customized consoles
Seasoned Veteran 10th Anniversary Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I recently did the RGH2 mod on my Trinity Slim console, heres the steps I took

1) Created an LPT wire using the Ultimate xbox RGH guide and got 2 matching nand dumps(on like the 2nd and 5th try)[note: I did not have my matrix flasher yet]

2) I soldered wires to coolrunner and stuck it into the xbox

3) I then ordered and used a matrix flasher in order to flash my coolrunner cr3 lite with trinity timing files which was successful using this guide(http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...ld-coolrunner-glitch-chip-programmer.1317809/)

4) I connected the other ends of the coolrunner wires to the xbox motherboard itself and then used specific settings from ultimate xbox rgh guide(dip switches, shorting certain points, etc).

5) I accidently forgot to write/create ECC to nand and booted up console, no display on screen and solid red light on coolrunner.

6) I realised my mistake and then used the same LPT cable to create ECC using J-Runner and then write it using nandpro commands(as stated in Ultimate xbox rgh guide). It wrote it sucessfully.

7) I booted up console again, no luck, solid red light on coolrunner, no green light at all ,fan spins up, no display.

Note: I had my LPT cable soldered in the entire time(not connected to PC though.) I was going to need it later on anyways to flash custom nand so why remove it.

Any ideas? I think my soldering is decent. heres pics:

this happens alot , try rerouting the blue wire and make sure your settings are correct on the cr3 making sure the proper bridges are set and the dips are set accordling to Team Xecuters settings

J

JimTheGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I hooked up the matrix flasher and just to test it I read the ECC flashed nand and it worked fine, two matching dumps easily. I then tried writing the original nand and it just kept giving me Failed to write 0x0 block throughout all the blocks, I did do quite a bad soldering job this time but if reads were okay shoulnt writes be fine too?

Rodent Modz

Rodent Modz

Jtags/RGHs customized consoles
Seasoned Veteran 10th Anniversary Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I hooked up the matrix flasher and just to test it I read the ECC flashed nand and it worked fine, two matching dumps easily. I then tried writing the original nand and it just kept giving me Failed to write 0x0 block throughout all the blocks, I did do quite a bad soldering job this time but if reads were okay shoulnt writes be fine too?
yes but make sure the nand is loaded that your writing, make sure console is plugged in but not turned on. if you turned it on with the usb hooked up to the matrix nand reader then you probably fried the matrix nand reader double check your soldering make sure all connections look good and try again sometimes just unplugging the usb and and plugging it back in will work aslong as you did not turn on the console while it was hooked up

Top Bottom
Login
Register