Simplified CEX2DEX Tutorial

Discussion in 'PlayStation 3 Modding & Tutorials' started by xcashmoneyx7, Aug 14, 2012 with 5 replies and 2,366 views.

1. xcashmoneyx7

xcashmoneyx7 Retired Retired

Ratings:
    +2,717
    Requirements:
    Tutorial:
    1. Dump your CEX flash in multiman:
      To dump flash: mmOS->Select any file->Open in HEX viewer->[SELECT]->[START]->DUMP LV2(NO)->DUMP LV1(NO)->DUMP FLASH(YES) .
    2. Install + Run eEID_RKDumper.pkg then get your eid_root_key from dev_hdd0/tmp .
    3. Load your CEX flash dump and eid_root _key in CEX2DEX to create your DEX flash (if your files dont show when trying to open them in CEX2DEX type *.* and all files will show).
      (For NOR flash rename it to my-DEX-flash.EID0.NORBIN , for NAND my-DEX-flash.EID0.NANDBIN)
    4. Start up Multiman (the version linked above in thread only) and press X twice on your new DEX dump, select yes 3 times and it will be installed. Reboot and install the DEX firmware of your choice (you can choose any OFW DEX firmware available including the 3.55 Downgrader from ps3devwiki, located [Click here to view the link]. Also get Exeedy's 3.55 MFW [Click here to view the link], it has all the CFW features you'll need.
    Notes:
    • You can play retail discs above 3.55 on DEX, and can also run a lot more games than CFW / True Blue.
    • You will lose Blu-ray playback after converting to DEX but it should return after flashing back to CEX
    • All retail discs will work on 4.11 DEX converted console as of today.
    All credit goes to DEREK-TROTTER.​

• Like Like x 2
  2. Afatassninja

Afatassninja Chris farley

Ratings:
    +1,303
  3. gamebeatter

gamebeatter Premium Premium

Ratings:
    +653
    this is a little botched... doesnt say if its for NOR or Flash consoles.

4. jay turns

jay turns Contributor

Ratings:
    +135
    it says it is for both in the tut, i am installing dex 4.20 now.

5. Chips 98

Chips 98 Contributor

Ratings:
    +170
    i run the eEid_RKDumper but it goes to a black screen then back to the xmb. when i go to the dev_hddo/tmp path there isnt any eid_root_key file. any idea what im doing wrong? im running true blue cfw and on the Fpsn spoof as well

6. omarboflot

omarboflot Enthusiast

Ratings:
    +2
    same here its not clear why or what happens i get to 80010017 error code so not doing it till that is resolved[DOUBLEPOST=1387812707][/DOUBLEPOST]
    same here its not clear why or what happens i get to 80010017 error code so not doing it till that is resolved