Tutorial SID 4 information, FAQ, and Troubleshooting

• Thread starter gus738
  • Start date
  • Views 20,266
A

aundreal

Reaction score
Sin$
I had a similar problem to Soniccomet's. (xbox won't boot retail mode after xbl update). So I went about fixing it like this: cold booted splintercell, linux, checkpoints, ect... (like this faq said) went into the mod menu for SID 4.0 but instead of selecting uninstall softmod, I selected Install softmod and then proceeded with AzzidReign's tut. After it was done everything seems to be back to normal again, retail mode boots fine, and all my apps and files are still there (emus ect...). Here's my question, by not uninstalling the softmod and just copying over/reinstalling it, have I jeopardized my MS backup or any other file for that matter? In other words can I uninstall my softmod to a working retail?

S

SD386

Reaction score
Sin$
HELP!!! Plz quick question

Alright i followed the instructions but when i get to install eeprom i click it ok then ok again and it says loading please wait on the right side and jusat sits there the sound shuts off and the screen just stays the same. Now is my xbox frooze or does it just take a long time to load eeprom.
Plz help
PLZ

D

dcunitdfn

Reaction score
Sin$
missing folders

heyy i softmodded my xbox with unleashX and hooked up the ftp stuff but i cant find mi apps folder under E:/ file all i have is backup, cache, tdata, and udata folders there
i need to put dvd2xbox on it i no this mite be the wrong forum but no1 else has helped me
kk thnx mann

Gratealx

Gratealx

Hobo With an Oboe
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
hey, alex here

I downloaded everything and read the tutorial and all, but when i bought mechassault - not the platinum hits version - i tried to load the gamesave and it said it couldnt load it.

With "Run Linux" there is one star on the right in that box,

Controls: UNKNOWN

Difficulty: UNKNOWN

Current Level: UNKNOWN

Can anyone tell me what the problem is and what i should do to fix it?

Thanks

A

abcdqfr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm using the 007 game, it is not platinum, I have the SID 4 on my hard drive, when i go to load mission it brings up "no mission saved". i saved a mission then tried it, but all it did was bring up that mission. HELP!!!

i want to uninstall it and go for a mod chip instead but it gives me error code 22 when i try to go back to the place where we made the eeprom backup. it also shows an image of a skull and crossbones. if there is no solution, i want to get one of those Cd's that flash's hard drives and erases all data. where do you get one of those? thanks.

G

gus738

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
error 22 was made so that you wouldn't brick you xbox just fellow the the steps i think it said to press A i dont remember it will then restore it properly.

we scripted sid 4 to do this so its not a MS thing

X

XAssassin07X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok i dont know if this is ok or not but when i go into my modded dash the light turs yellow and if i put a game in and load it it stills stays but if i do a cold boot than its green i dont think any thing is wrong is this normal and i kinda think its useful so i know if i have to reboot to go on XBL and if you need more info i used the krazy nurde installer 1.1 i think i spelled it right and i never got any pop ups saying that ane error occored every thing installed perfictlly so back to the question is this normal

G

gus738

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry I didn’t participate in scripting in krayzie ndure installer so i don't know how it works or if its safe to go into xbox live or if it's proper sorry, My thread is for sid4

David5534

David5534

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Personally I think Ndure is better then SID 4.

@ Assassin, yes your light will change from green to yellow if you boot a modded dash and that means you can't go on xbl until you cold boot a game.

A

abcdqfr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
gus738 said:
error 22 was made so that you wouldn't brick you xbox just fellow the the steps i think it said to press A i dont remember it will then restore it properly.

we scripted sid 4 to do this so its not a MS thing
thanks for the help, but that was months ago, and i just needed to press A. It didn't fix it completely, so i just used AID.

S

silveruno

Reaction score
Sin$
Well, how about this problem.
I can get the softmod files onto the memory card, but when i go into memory on the MS Dasbord, the only option is to delete the SID files, the Copy does not show. Any help is welcome.

S

silveruno

Reaction score
Sin$
Well, i am happy to say that i missed a press on a button.
Now it works, thanks for painting everything so clear that even i could understand it at last.
:thumbup:
It is not eazy for an old man like me.

F

Flaming Zephyr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
OK, i have a small problem. When i load the LINUX_Profile from the Splinter Cell screen, it hangs, goes black, and then goes to Error 21. How do i fix his? I think it might be a problem with the dash, but im not entirely sure.

G

gus738

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Flaming Zephyr said:
OK, i have a small problem. When i load the LINUX_Profile from the Splinter Cell screen, it hangs, goes black, and then goes to Error 21. How do i fix his? I think it might be a problem with the dash, but im not entirely sure.

Did you see problem # 2

how far did you get on the softmod? did you install it with sucess? or if failed what was the error?

error code 21 how did you get it? did you get it every time?

please try to be more specific.

Edit : did it go something like this? " for the first time you loaded the files to your xbox hdd then pop SC and you got an black hang error type?. Then re read problem #2

F

Flaming Zephyr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
gus738 said:
Did you see problem # 2

how far did you get on the softmod? did you install it with sucess? or if failed what was the error?

error code 21 how did you get it? did you get it every time?

please try to be more specific.

Edit : did it go something like this? " for the first time you loaded the files to your xbox hdd then pop SC and you got an black hang error type?. Then re read problem #2

It didn't even get to the Installer Screen. I click "A" on SC Checkpoints for the Linux Profile, then it hangs for a few seconds, and i get error 21. So based on this information, i should read problem #2?

Edit: The XBox loads to the default M$ Dash. i deleted every other gamesave on the hdd, not just for the SC game, but every other game that was on there (I bought it on eBay, don't need the saves...). I believe it might be a problem with the dash. This is what i get:

K: 1.00.5838.01
D: 1.00.5960.01

And it also takes forever to actually load to the dash. Usually around a minute and a half from the second it loads the white microsoft logo. Also, the HDD is abnormally load from the other seagate HDD's i've seen.I have a v1.6 Xbox.

G

gus738

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if i remember correctly 5960 is the latest dash man its been a while since i'v used the xbox....

the SC you are not using platinum are you? read throughly on this tread but its within problem #2 and re read sid 4 thread.

as far as slow boot up is that from the xbox splash screen to the main dash or from power up to the splash screen?

you should not use platinum hits if you are using it and if you are having issues even acess the main part of the mod then you cannot ftp so you cannot do a clean file wipe since you cant acess again the main mod menu.

Flaming Zephyr said:
It didn't even get to the Installer Screen. I click "A" on SC Checkpoints for the Linux Profile, then it hangs for a few seconds, and i get error 21. So based on this information, i should read problem #2?

Edit: The XBox loads to the default M$ Dash. i deleted every other gamesave on the hdd, not just for the SC game, but every other game that was on there (I bought it on eBay, don't need the saves...). I believe it might be a problem with the dash. This is what i get:

K: 1.00.5838.01
D: 1.00.5960.01

And it also takes forever to actually load to the dash. Usually around a minute and a half from the second it loads the white microsoft logo. Also, the HDD is abnormally load from the other seagate HDD's i've seen.I have a v1.6 Xbox.

J

Jif

Reaction score
Sin$
Posted this in the main SID4 thread, but figured posting here sure couldn't hurt:

Hey guys,

I've soft modded 3 Xbox'es in my day, and never had a shred of problems. After getting a batch process error with one, I switched from nDure to SID4. It installs completely, and when I boot up I get an MS dash with a red LED. I played a few different games in campaign for a few minutes, saved, ejected, turned off and on again, and the same problem keeps happening. I end up back at the MS Dash asking me for time. Any idea why this would screw up so bad? It's rather displeasing. Hitting eject to boot brings me to the SID installer menu, even with no game in, which seems somewhat disconcerting.

G

gus738

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The mod is installed correctly just not the right way you want it to. If you read carefully you would find your answer, Anyways the red means you are NOT safe to go to xbox live, the Green means its safe to go to xbox live Undected.

If you get the ms dash load up on power It means you had your xbox unplug for more then 3hrs simply once you get the ms dash set time and date properly and turn off and on and repeat until it works (sometimes it glitches and doesnt save the time.)

as far as once you open = its green but only loads the mod menu then you choose a diffrent prompt option during your install. You should of choose = retail and close = ux or evox that way it boots ms dash on greem (when press the eject) and power up/on button evo or ux

Jif said:
Posted this in the main SID4 thread, but figured posting here sure couldn't hurt:

Hey guys,

I've soft modded 3 Xbox'es in my day, and never had a shred of problems. After getting a batch process error with one, I switched from nDure to SID4. It installs completely, and when I boot up I get an MS dash with a red LED. I played a few different games in campaign for a few minutes, saved, ejected, turned off and on again, and the same problem keeps happening. I end up back at the MS Dash asking me for time. Any idea why this would screw up so bad? It's rather displeasing. Hitting eject to boot brings me to the SID installer menu, even with no game in, which seems somewhat disconcerting.

P

pwn tyLer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Last time I tried to softmod my xbox, everything went well, and it wouldn't connect to the FTP, haha, this is really old, but man do I miss modding in H2.

I also had a problem with the whole SID I guess someone embedded a virus on a file that I had, and it screwed my xbox up something serious.

Top Bottom
Login
Register