• Thread starter SwiftWitts
  • Start date
  • Views 391
SwiftWitts

SwiftWitts

I'm A Leaf On The Wind
Reaction score
Sin$
I've heard a lot of good things about Rust but I just can't decide if I should get it or not. So should I get Rust?

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
Up to you, its one of those games that you either hate or love. I personally would if i had the money to 'waste'.

A

AngelMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've heard a lot of good things about Rust but I just can't decide if I should get it or not. So should I get Rust?
HAHAHA.. YESS! Best game out there!
They are making even more changes to it as well.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I partially wrote an article about it in the past. It looks pretty cool to me and it has even already made more money than Gmod has! From what I have heard, players are pretty satisfied. I want to give it a run one of these days, just need to save up some coin for it.

C S R

C S R

Contributor
Stickied Video Connoisseur Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I like the game and I have fun when playing with friends. :tongue: You're going to have to invest quite a bit of time in the game to get "decent" items, but servers with tons of other people are chaotic, and a lot more fun.

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Scaling the Mountain CotM Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Meh I honestly wouldn't. I mean I bought it and loved it at first, but just a lot time would have to go into it. Also you would want to play with a group of people, and if you have a group of people imo I would go with DayZ :wink:

Z61

Z61

Some times our saints are sinners
Retired
Programmer Forum Addict Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd recommend not getting DayZ or Rust. DayZ shouldn't exist and Rust is still too early in development.

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd recommend not getting DayZ or Rust. DayZ shouldn't exist and Rust is still too early in development.

Please elaborate why it "shouldnt exist", just curious why you dont like it.

Pnly thing i currently dont like is the optimisation but its due to the arma engine's limitations

Forgot to mention, also check out The Forest which is coming to steam early access, like rust you can build bases etc, but its single player and antagonists are mutants.

Z61

Z61

Some times our saints are sinners
Retired
Programmer Forum Addict Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Care to elaborate why it "shouldnt exist", just curious why you dont like it.

Forgot to mention, also check out The Forest which is coming to steam early access, like rust you can build bases etc, but its single player and antagonists are mutants.
The mod itself was poorly made and the standalone is struggling just to reach it's level of completion.

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The mod itself was poorly made and the standalone is struggling just to reach it's level of completion.

I see, but in defense of the game (and bit bias due to my opinion)

-Mod is just an extention to a military simulator, which was not intended to be a survival mmo, and was made by a 3rd party with no support (at start) from devs and as mentioned the game has many limitations. Cant be ever pefected due to limitations,ie buggy ai, desync etc.

Withnwhat they had to work with i think its decent,

-standalone, has more support but it is only released in early alpha, not completed. It clearly says not to buy it, unless you want to support devs and see it develop. It should get better now that theres a bigger team etc. (or so i hope)

SwiftWitts

SwiftWitts

I'm A Leaf On The Wind
Reaction score
Sin$
Please elaborate why it "shouldnt exist", just curious why you dont like it.

Pnly thing i currently dont like is the optimisation but its due to the arma engine's limitations

Sweet! Thank you.

A

AngelMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lets just say.. When you start playing it say good bye to your life.. You will be so damn addicted to this game that its not even FUNNY!. Rust is life.. You have been warned!
Im sure everyone who plays it will agree with me.

SwiftWitts

SwiftWitts

I'm A Leaf On The Wind
Reaction score
Sin$
Lets just say.. When you start playing it say good bye to your life.. You will be so damn addicted to this game that its not even FUNNY!. Rust is life.. You have been warned!
Im sure everyone who plays it will agree with me.
Ok. Thank you for the input.

JKeeth

JKeeth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
it will be much much better when they come out with the next major update

Deathshadow97

Deathshadow97

The Shadow Of Deaths
Reaction score
Sin$
I myself will be getting Rust this month. It's a very great game that keeps growing. If you decide to buy it send me a message so I can add you and we both can learn everything together as a team :wink:

Skeleton

Skeleton

I like cats.
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
As I recently just switched to PC within tje last few months Rust is by far my favorite PC game ive played yet.

SwiftWitts

SwiftWitts

I'm A Leaf On The Wind
Reaction score
Sin$
As I recently just switched to PC within tje last few months Rust is by far my favorite PC game ive played yet.
Sweet. I'm going to get it in a few weeks. Thanks for the feedback.