• Thread starter RevanXVII
  • Start date
  • Views 1,330
R

RevanXVII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't heard any word on shiny lock removal, BUT! Seeing as this is a remake of 3rd gen, before Shiny Lock was introduced there shouldn't be a lock on Groudon, Kyogre, or Rayquaza, for 2 reasons,1) it's a remake game, not next gen, 2) the 3 Hoenn legends are already obtainable in shiny form in 6th gen, so why shiny lock them? If you have any thoughts, links, or information about Shiny Lock in OR/AS please post it here.

EpicError

EpicError

Getting There
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They're still locked, sorry. All legionaries you are not suppose to have yet are locked, shiny or not shiny. That includes Groudon, Kyrogre, and Rayquaza.

R

RevanXVII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They're still locked, sorry. All legionaries you are not suppose to have yet are locked, shiny or not shiny. That includes Groudon, Kyrogre, and Rayquaza.

How are the Hoenn legends "legendaries you aren't supposed to have yet"? More importantly your statement contradicts itself, because when OR/AS comes out the Hoenn legends ARE legendaries you are supposed to get, perhaps you should have thought this out a little more, either that or worded it better.

EDIT: BTW the Hoenn legends were never shiny locked, don't believe me, soft-reset for a shiny rayquaza for a few hours, also the people with shiny Hoenn legends in 6th gen most likely transferred them from rse to DPPT and then to pokebank, so no, the Hoenn legends have never been shiny locked also might want to work on your english a little it's "legendaries" not "legionaries".

EpicError

EpicError

Getting There
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
How are the Hoenn legends "legendaries you aren't supposed to have yet"? More importantly your statement contradicts itself, because when OR/AS comes out the Hoenn legends ARE legendaries you are supposed to get, perhaps you should have thought this out a little more, either that or worded it better.

EDIT: BTW the Hoenn legends were never shiny locked, don't believe me, soft-reset for a shiny rayquaza for a few hours, also the people with shiny Hoenn legends in 6th gen most likely transferred them from rse to DPPT and then to pokebank, so no, the Hoenn legends have never been shiny locked also might want to work on your english a little it's "legendaries" not "legionaries".

Sorry just came back from a long shift from work and didn't really know what I wrote. Ruby and Sapphire were able to get shinies, they're not locked there, of course. We honestly don't know if you can get them from the encounters in the remakes, because no details have been released. It's possible they could be, so they can give them out with events.

Time will tell.

R

RevanXVII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry just came back from a long shift from work and didn't really know what I wrote. Ruby and Sapphire were able to get shinies, they're not locked there, of course. We honestly don't know if you can get them from the encounters in the remakes, because no details have been released. It's possible they could be, so they can give them out with events.

Time will tell.

I seriously doubt it, if the Shiny forms are available in previous gens that can be transferred over to current gen, it's not really worth Shiny locking these 3 particular pokemon. Although I don't see the point of shiny locking in the first place, it seems stupid to me.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I seriously doubt it, if the Shiny forms are available in previous gens that can be transferred over to current gen, it's not really worth Shiny locking these 3 particular pokemon. Although I don't see the point of shiny locking in the first place, it seems stupid to me.
I think the biggest reason on Shiny locking is to make the Shiny Legendary well...Legendary. That and I'm sure they use it to weed out cheaters at competitions

R

RevanXVII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think the biggest reason on Shiny locking is to make the Shiny Legendary well...Legendary. That and I'm sure they use it to weed out cheaters at competitions

Okay fair enough, however, just make the odds harder fro Shiny legendaries, don't actually make it impossible to obtain them.

Doodle210

Doodle210

Everything in this world exists to wear you down.
Hardened Veteran Bright Idea Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
They gave away a shin Rayquaza in Japan a few years back, I have it! :woot: So I doubt they'll lock them.

Top Bottom
Login
Register