• Thread starter VinnyHaw
  • Start date
  • Views 467,866
F

FeedingV2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You are gonna have to give some more imformation about your system if you want to get any useful help. Like what kind of xbox do you have? Is it an xbox that had to be RGH'd to get the DVD Key?
Xbos slim 4GB DG-16D4S Lite-On 1071 no it ddoesnt have to be rghed

Sn0wzy

Sn0wzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Xbos slim 4GB DG-16D4S Lite-On 1071 no it ddoesnt have to be rghed
Has your xkey ever worked? Did you buy it pre-installed or did you install it yourself?
For your console you'll just have to dump the dvd key with something like a jungle flasher and put the dummy.bin file on the root of your mirco SD. Also a couple of posts up I linked to the 2.01-4.img firmware. Flash that to your micro SD first.
I don't know what else would cause an E64 error (for me it was always an issue with my SD firmware) but making sure that your xk3y is correctly wired up to your DVD drive and the motherboard and power won't hurt.

F

FeedingV2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Has your xkey ever worked? Did you buy it pre-installed or did you install it yourself?
For your console you'll just have to dump the dvd key with something like a jungle flasher and put the dummy.bin file on the root of your mirco SD. Also a couple of posts up I linked to the 2.01-4.img firmware. Flash that to your micro SD first.
I don't know what else would cause an E64 error (for me it was always an issue with my SD firmware) but making sure that your xk3y is correctly wired up to your DVD drive and the motherboard and power won't hurt.
I just got my xk3y, it has never worked and im installing it myself. and ive tried literally everything... i need someone to skype me at this point or something

X

xcutz

Reaction score
Sin$
Anybody installed the latest dashboard update from September 2015? (2.0.17489.0)
Any issues with xkey? Did you need to update the xkey software to prevent any issue or not?

Thanks for the feedback, haven't used the xbox for a while and being asked to install some updates for rise of the tomb raider.

Sn0wzy

Sn0wzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Anybody installed the latest dashboard update from September 2015? (2.0.17489.0)
Any issues with xkey? Did you need to update the xkey software to prevent any issue or not?

Thanks for the feedback, haven't used the xbox for a while and being asked to install some updates for rise of the tomb raider.
You won't need to update your xk3y, in fact, there hasn't been an update for it.

M

Mad Ady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey there everyone, I've been running HDD's from 80GB through to 3TB just fine - tried an 8TB, but didn't register. What is the highest capacity drive you have used?

P.S. I do custom installs - all internal, mod the xbox usb ports to run external drives from, fit HDD's into DVD drive tray, add extra HDD's inside the case etc

Sn0wzy

Sn0wzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey there everyone, I've been running HDD's from 80GB through to 3TB just fine - tried an 8TB, but didn't register. What is the highest capacity drive you have used?

P.S. I do custom installs - all internal, mod the xbox usb ports to run external drives from, fit HDD's into DVD drive tray, add extra HDD's inside the case etc
Originally the XK3Y was limited to only being able to see drives that were 2TB or less in size, so if you are running old firmware this will be the problem.
If you are running version 1.28 or higher this shouldn't be the issue, this is what it says on the changelog:
Enabled LBDAF (2TB+ HDD support)
Remove 2TB limit for NTFS partitions

I'm not sure if that only applies to NTSF partitioned drives. But if yours isn't NTFS you could try that.

Lastly, does your drive have its own power source? Drives that get their power through the USB port sometimes don't work with the xk3y when they don't get enough power from it.

M

Mad Ady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Originally the XK3Y was limited to only being able to see drives that were 2TB or less in size, so if you are running old firmware this will be the problem.
If you are running version 1.28 or higher this shouldn't be the issue, this is what it says on the changelog:
Enabled LBDAF (2TB+ HDD support)
Remove 2TB limit for NTFS partitions

I'm not sure if that only applies to NTSF partitioned drives. But if yours isn't NTFS you could try that.

Lastly, does your drive have its own power source? Drives that get their power through the USB port sometimes don't work with the xk3y when they don't get enough power from it.

Way ahead of that, but thanks.

Confirmed: 8TB works with certain adapters - not all.

Last edited:
Jelsin

Jelsin

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, XKEY not give me any fault , but fpga have it in 00:00 , and do not load the iso , and when I open or close the reader, the screen always puts closed , the tutorial FPGA probe but did not fix me nothing

H

Hamburgerpizza1

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, I would like to get xk3y but I heard for the newer models they require soldering to get the dvd key in I have zero experience with soldering. is there website you can buy xk3y from in send in your console to get xk3yed?

I have Xbox 360 E model

Sn0wzy

Sn0wzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
S

se7enfun101

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, this is driving me nuts I installed my xk3y about 3 years ago and never had a problem until now.

yesterday I turned on the Xbox ejected the disk (I use iso menu don't pay for live that's what my ps3 and Wii U are for) and the multimedia disk popped up I try to play a popular racing game though photo viewer hit the home button pressed Y and the Xbox ..."flashed" almost as though the dash restated hit eject got the multimedia disk tried 2 twice more same problem turned off the Xbox check the HDD was fine hooked everything back up hit eject and nothing now 17 hours later still nothing the I hit eject drive "opens" and nothing. I don't know what it is I tried removing the xk3y and plugging in the original disk drive and that worked
Xbox is a Phat
I have tried restoring the SD card with IMG C on here
I tried screaming at it
I tried crying
and I tried ..... well might try hitting it with a hammer
Thanks for any advice or help

Top Bottom
Login
Register