xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So, upon thinking about this all, i have come to the conclusion of quite a few things, one, i am still going to make some kind of Gaming server for se7ensins, 2: it will be based on community decisions as to what it hosts and when, 3: ALL admin will have access to the server and will be able to control ANYTHING on the server overall. The server WILL NOT Need any donations at all to get it started, this is to reduce the thoughts i may be scamming! Also Theres Proof HERE! (there will be another video of it running soon.

Im going to buy the ram and let the community decide on a game in this thread, i will then pick 2-4 of these games and host a server that advertises se7ensins and has ranks for premium, non premium, non users and admin ranks too. I will do most of the maintenance, but will let admin and the community decide its fate. i will give the server 1 week with these games on as a trial, this will be the time at which i then decide whether its a good idea or not, maybe something to host game nights on too!
Once and ONLY once the server has been up and running for mroe than 1 week will i ask for donations to keep the server up and running and ask that people who enjoyed it look at se7ensins and also buy premium to help the site become even better!

Right. Nuff said. just watch the video for proof.

EDIT! The server is now up and running on windows server 2003 with a 250GB hdd and 512mb ram on an intel xeon 2.4ghz , im gathering £50-£60 to get 2 2.8ghz intel xeons, an extra heat sink for the second processor and a 4gb ram kit. (maybe some more scsi hdds at soime point too.) if you need to know more or want to help out, then pm me and we will talk about it.

I will also need some Server stress/beta testers at some point, please PM me for more info and i will gather a group of volunteers and message you details wen needed.

Last edited:
Hitman1337

Hitman1337

Skyline R34
Services Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Well since its not based off my idea, I think its great. HMU on the testers.

I vote for TF2/Gmod server.

Father Christmas

Father Christmas

God Of Mount Olympus
Reaction score
Sin$
Well 1 week to test it out before deciding whether or not if its a good idea is not much time as you will not be generating much traffic seeing as it's new (Give it a realistic time span before deciding) Also, when you do start asking for donations what will you be using PayPal, BitCoin? (I suggest you use PayPal seeing as bitcoin is weird & your signature got removed because of the fact if you did scam we would have no way of getting our bitcoins back) Plus do not expect to get a ton of money from this you will be lucky if you even get a single donation!

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Well 1 week to test it out before deciding whether or not if its a good idea is not much time as you will not be generating much traffic seeing as it's new (Give it a realistic time span before deciding) Also, when you do start asking for donations what will you be using PayPal, BitCoin? (I suggest you use PayPal seeing as bitcoin is weird & your signature got removed because of the fact if you did scam we would have no way of getting our bitcoins back) Plus do not expect to get a ton of money from this you will be lucky if you even get a single donation!
After the bitcoin sig accident it will be paypal if anything. I will leave the server running once I have fully upgraded it as I stated above. I know this isnt going to be a fun ride for donations or money making. As it is I want to test to make sure the server can handle loads. Certainly through my fibre connection XD 152 down 15.5 up
If the server runs well and we get a good traffic flow I will start to ask for donations at users choice. Obviously a minimum of lets say £1 hahaha

Father Christmas

Father Christmas

God Of Mount Olympus
Reaction score
Sin$
After the bitcoin sig accident it will be paypal if anything. I will leave the server running once I have fully upgraded it as I stated above. I know this isnt going to be a fun ride for donations or money making. As it is I want to test to make sure the server can handle loads. Certainly through my fibre connection XD 152 down 15.5 up
If the server runs well and we get a good traffic flow I will start to ask for donations at users choice. Obviously a minimum of lets say £1 hahaha
Alright well all sounds good for now, Wish all the best with the server and stuff!

LemonIceTea

LemonIceTea

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Here's an idea of mine: hold competitive team matches. Also if the game doesn't have voice comms, you should setup a TS3 or Ventrillo server.
:happy:

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Another thread about a 7s gaming server....hmm.

PDX

PDX

Even Obama Takes Bong Rips
Reaction score
Sin$
This was already posted. 
And It will most likely lag super hard. Unless you have really fast internet.

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This was already posted. 
And It will most likely lag super hard. Unless you have really fast internet.
im not the best host, but i hope to god my fibre optics can handle it. 15mb up good enough? lol im on 120 down.... it will be up soon as i have the processor and ram upgrades, i now have windows server on it!

Hitman1337

Hitman1337

Skyline R34
Services Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
im not the best host, but i hope to god my fibre optics can handle it. 15mb up good enough? lol im on 120 down.... it will be up soon as i have the processor and ram upgrades, i now have windows server on it!
Like i said HMU, I can get some matches setup and stuff.

PDX

PDX

Even Obama Takes Bong Rips
Reaction score
Sin$
proof or it didnt happen.

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
proof or it didnt happen.
bear with me, do you have skype or something i can show you video proof on? besides youtube lol

Top Bottom
Login
Register