What's new

Discussion Samsung Galaxy Nexus worth it?

• Thread starter Boar
  • Start date
  • Views 28,362
Boar

Boar

'This Is The Way'
Mythical Veteran Stickied Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Well my 2 year contract is almost up and I am already allowed to upgrade to a new device. Sprint offers me a $150 dollars off on a new device so in that case I will be able to get it for 200 with a 50 dollar mail in rebate. I just want to know if it's worth it or should I wait till the release of the Samsung Galaxy S3?

Welfare

Welfare

Divine Android Omniscience
Hardened Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Not worth it in my opinion. It will be outdated in a few months, so you might as well just wait, although I would advise to stay away from any Samsung device since generally they're just a hunk of plastic.

Boar

Boar

'This Is The Way'
Mythical Veteran Stickied Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Not worth it in my opinion. It will be outdated in a few months, so you might as well just wait, although I would advise to stay away from any Samsung device since generally they're just a hunk of plastic.
I need something that will at least have a dual core and not short out on battery life within a hr of being on apps such as my HTC Evo did.

Welfare

Welfare

Divine Android Omniscience
Hardened Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess if you don't want to wait then the Nexus would be your best option from Sprint.

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
the us galaxy s3 is gonna run the s4 because of lte problems(unless its tmobile's version)
just get the galaxy nexus, than the next nexus after, ect.

you wont regret it
you have immediate root support and you have an open bootloader so that means you have cm support and such out of the box

SirSoloDolo

RageXicity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
its worth it, The DEV support for this phone is amazing and will be until the next nexus releases.
From a stock standpoint you can do better

All phones get outdated in a few months.

SirSoloDolo

RageXicity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
RAZR was outdated thanks to the RAZRMAXX

Verizon fails with phones.

Look at the Droid 3 to Droid 4

Jeru

Jeru

Money over everything
Reaction score
Sin$
Wait for the S3. Much better quality then the nexus, however I am a fan of it, not going to lie. But wait.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Get the Galaxy S3, believe me its going to be worth it. And it'll be out within the next month and a half :wink:

J

Jim Wagner

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, i just bought one, i do believe it's amazing I highly suggest it.

The Grim Repper

The Grim Repper

Creator of EOTM
VIP
Retired
MotM Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Galaxy Nexus is definitely a great phone and you won't be disappointed. Until people actually get S3's with the Snapdragon S4 chip and see how they perform, it's hard to tell.

Chronos300

Chronos300

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you like your Android experience unmolested by carrier bloat and the ability to get the latest Android build ASAP you cannot go wrong with a Nexus device.

Periphery

Periphery

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why get the nexus when you can get the Gs3? O.o I hate Galaxy Nexus ICS UI is soo eh boring to me.. IMO

EVH001

EVH001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have bought the Nexus a few days ago and it's an awesome phone. With 4.1.1 and project butter it's supersmooth and everything works good.

If you want the google experience and latest updates - Nexus
Beautiful screen - Nexus
No Bloatware - Nexus

Speed and RAM - S3
Touchwiz :smile: - S3

I love both phones anyways but i wanted to try something different from samsung.

Top Bottom
Login
Register