1. Want to help spread the Se7ensins cheer throughout the PC gaming community? Check out a little project one of our staff members is working on for CS:GO! More information concerning this can be found by clicking here.

RGH system link not working.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by xxxzelda101xxx, Mar 3, 2012 with 7 replies and 3,845 views.

1. xxxzelda101xxx

xxxzelda101xxx Getting There

I just received my RGH'd console yesterday and download CoD4 and CoD: MW2, and neither want to work in system link. If I start the game through XeXmenu, I get a black screen until I sign out of the profile, after that, everything works 100%, except system link. It keeps telling me I need to be signing into a profile, but if I sign in, it goes to a black screen until I sign out again. MW3 Doesn't have this problem, however.

Also, on MW2, when I sign into the profile it keeps flashing some thing like "Connection to XBL has been interrupted." and I can't do anything until I sign out.

Also, my console is connected to my retail through an ethernet cable, and the retail goes on XBL with a wireless adapter. My RGH is in no way, shape, or form touching XBL.

2. Dont Trip Noob

Dont Trip Noob Trusted Seller

Do you have all the right files like the title updates xexs ect?

3. xxxzelda101xxx

I believe I do. If I sign out and go to split screen, the mods work.

4. Dont Trip Noob

Dont Trip Noob Trusted Seller

What games are you modding and are you trying to join with your retail?

5. xxxzelda101xxx

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    Modern Warfare 2 (TU7 with the simple gametype mods)

Both of the mods work correctly in split screen, but can't go into system link. (I can't get far enough to ever CREATE the game)

6. Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse Seasoned Member

What kernel is your console running? (e.g RGL, ggboot etc)
    If you have the retail discs, delete the games from your HDD and re-rip them using your retail discs. Make sure you can create a system link game without the ethernet cable plugged in so you know there's nothing wrong with the game files.

A reflash may help if all else fails, if you're on ggboot and have dashlaunch installed something may be conflicting in the settings. Also, you can only use 1 network connection on a 360 at one time, so you may have a wireless adapter plugged into your retail console, but it will only use the wired connection. If there's something wrong with your ethernet cable then this may be why it says there's somethign wrong with your connection.

Just something to get you started, if you keep having issues after trying all of the above, quote this post and I'll look into it in more depth.

7. xxxzelda101xxx

I don't think you understand. I'm not even far enough to connect my retail to my RGH..

I simply cannot create a system link game without being signed into a profile. If I sign into a profile, it goes to a black screen, until I sign out.

8. Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse Seasoned Member

Have you tried ripping the games from retail disc so you know the game files are all good? Flashing a fresh ggboot image may also help if you're on RGL right now. If you're already on ggboot with dashlaunch, plugins cause problems like this quite often.

I do understand your problem, I just posted a few things to try if you can't get it working. My post is quite a lot to go from, so if you DID get it to create a system link game with you signed in, but still didnt work, then you could try some of the other tips without having to ask what to do next. There is a lot that could be stopping it from working, I covered most of them and what to try to fix it.