1. Want to help spread the Se7ensins cheer throughout the PC gaming community? Check out a little project one of our staff members is working on for CS:GO! More information concerning this can be found by clicking here.

Restore Unbanned Jtag?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by jamrock, Sep 8, 2010 with 9 replies and 1,377 views.

1. jamrock

jamrock Enthusiast

I used my jtagged xbox just to play games offline. I have never connected to xbox live.

If i restore it back to the original nand could i update it to the newest dashboard and go on live? Will this undo the Jtag hack completely. (I have played games before they actually came out and I know that gets written to the nand)

Thanks in advance

2. Sumo

Sumo ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Retired

If you update to the latest dash through XBL you loose your jtag hack forever.

3. jamrock

jamrock Enthusiast

Yes, I know but does it unjtag my box and make it safe for xbox live?

4. Sumo

Sumo ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Retired

You have to desolder all the wires and everything, you also need your original nand. I don't see why you would want to remove your jtag hack.

5. Yamaha

Yamaha Seasoned Member

If you want to go on live you need to look into getting freeBOOT.

6. jamrock

jamrock Enthusiast

Well, I have another console I use on XBL that the drive is modded. The reason I haven't used the Jtag on XBL is that too many people do modded lobbies.

The ban wave is supposedly coming. If my XBL xbox gets banned I do not want 2 useless consoles. This way I can use the jtag as my xbl console.

We do not know if the Nov. dashboard update will kill jtags or if black ops can be modded. In this case, i have no use for a jtag

7. Ells

Ells #yoloswag Retired

I'm sure there is much more to do with it if you keep it jtagged and on freeboot or something.
    Explore the possibilites of modding games, free DLC and emulators etc.

8. Yamaha

Yamaha Seasoned Member

It will get banned in about 3 hours if you bring it online but it wouldn't be useless, You can still use it offline like you have all this time.

9. jamrock

jamrock Enthusiast

Just tried reading up about freeBOOT. If I go online with this... does it ban me within a certain time frame?

10. Pierce

Pierce Getting There

Yes it'll be about 4 hours.