Solved Removing Root Help

• Thread starter YoloMcSwaggins420
  • Start date
  • Views 603
YoloMcSwaggins420

YoloMcSwaggins420

Reaction score
Sin$
I a on a samsug galaxy s5 and I have it rooted but I want to remove the root completely because I do not have any use for it. I am running 4.4.4. If anyone has any help please let me know... Thanks!

NADA Elite

NADA Elite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Last i checked the only root you should have is only temporary, i didn't think there was a root option for kitkat seeing as i cant get my ultra to do a full root.

If you have temp root just reboot the phone, if you have full root you should be able to use the same program to unroot it aswell.

Honestly, if you don't need to unroot it for warranty claims then i wouldn't bother, might find a use for root access soon enough.

I personally have 2 droid bionics with root and custom roms, if you get bored or want to find a use for root, find out which version of safestrap you are compatible with and download a nightly of Cyanogenmod 12, it is running android 5.1 so you can mess with newer ****. Just remember to install the proper Gapps.

Mega Therion

Mega Therion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My S5 was rooted and after some time I did factory reset then all problems started. 1st unable to update os, 2nd unable to open gplay etc. After trying to unroot it with same program I rooted it phone stacked on Samsung startup logo. Even kies didn't recognise it. But at least kies gives me option to download os by s/n number and device name so I fixed it after few hours.

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If your phone is Rooted you more than likely have SuperSU, if you go into the app, there is a button that says Full Un-Root and you click it twice and you're Fully un-rooted.
76d4a0730e0705f0c9c0befa81f7680a.png

Mega Therion

Mega Therion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yup i know but that didnt work for me, i it always stack and crush so i did it with odin as i did root it first and ...

FatPhony

FatPhony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Everybody who has problems, flash stock firmware with Odin - This will not trip Knox.
But make sure to backup your data.

FatPhony

FatPhony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If your phone is Rooted you more than likely have SuperSU, if you go into the app, there is a button that says Full Un-Root and you click it twice and you're Fully un-rooted.
76d4a0730e0705f0c9c0befa81f7680a.png
Doing that does not unroot your device.
It only removes SU.

XBLPandaMods

XBLPandaMods

"I got broads in Atlanta."
Reaction score
Sin$
Reflash your stock firmware with Odin and make sure to have a backup of your files.

Top Bottom
Login
Register