Tools [Release] WillowTree

• Thread starter XanderChaos
  • Start date
  • Views 392,708
V

Vaserl

Reaction score
Sin$
ok first time modding my borderland game. I just wanted to add some weapons (using Willowtree# beta 11). upon saving and updating my Xbonx save, it set me back to the beginning of the game, intro movie and all. looking up on the net I found it's a re-occuring issue, but I found nothing about a definite solution to it. just now I tried to rehash/resign the save using concept when I stumbled on an interesting little details. comparing my unmodded backup save and the modded one, it seems that willowtree somehow changes the orig. console ID and Saved console ID as reported by CONcept in the basic container info tab. problemn is CONcept does not let me modify that part, and I think it might be where the problem comes from. any idea how I could modify that to test my hunch?

by the way, yes all weapons where legit as confirmed by gearcalc.

M

monkeyspike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok first time modding my borderland game. I just wanted to add some weapons (using Willowtree# beta 11). upon saving and updating my Xbonx save, it set me back to the beginning of the game, intro movie and all. looking up on the net I found it's a re-occuring issue, but I found nothing about a definite solution to it. just now I tried to rehash/resign the save using concept when I stumbled on an interesting little details. comparing my unmodded backup save and the modded one, it seems that willowtree somehow changes the orig. console ID and Saved console ID as reported by CONcept in the basic container info tab. problemn is CONcept does not let me modify that part, and I think it might be where the problem comes from. any idea how I could modify that to test my hunch?

by the way, yes all weapons where legit as confirmed by gearcalc.

Try using Modio as the resigner, it allows you to change console and profile ID's.

B

BrandonBlight

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm getting the corrupt problem too.

Extracted using Modio and then leveling up my guns and putting it right back on the USB using Modio.

I've done it already once with mine and my girlfriend's save and it worked fine.
Tried to level them up some more today and mine worked and hers won't.
I'm doing them exactly the same way.

Mikey

Mikey

Experienced Member
Bright Idea Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Is the modding on PC still working? im on 1.41 Im trying to add skill points and add cash.

JackSchitt

JackSchitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Last time I tried it did, so yes, even with an old(er) version of wt#

W

whatintheheck

Reaction score
Sin$
I've been editing my saves with willowtree beta 10r13 and works great. I tried to install version 2.2.1.102 and it gives an error message... EventType:clr20r3 P1:willowtree#.exe P2:2.2.1.0 P3:4d6c17b7 P4:mscorlib P5:2.0.0.0 P6:471ebc5b P7:134f P8:7 P9:confused:ystem.io.filenotfoundexception... Anyone knows what to do? I have .NET 4.0 framework and trying to run program from the extracted folder. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for any help

*found problem* downloaded and installed .NET 3.5 and works. I figured 4.0 would work

N

Artificial

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
new to modding borderlands through willowtree so i have a few questions
1.on the top menu it only allows me to click on main page WillowTree Unlocker and Yes i have .NET Framework 3.5
what should i do
2.on willowtree unlocker when i go to open i does not show my save
any help
thanks

jayswar

jayswar

Reaction score
Sin$
Is there any full blank game save's out there? i never modded in borderlands 1 and no that I'm use to brute force and gibbed, i am very confused... need to see a actual save how they do it. work my way up..if that makes sense to you..

Old Partner

Old Partner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
@XanderChaos
A few year ago I had the Borderlands 1 Gear Calculator on my PC as software.
Is there any way I can get that software again? I'm currently using the one that's online.

Old Partner

Old Partner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there any full blank game save's out there? i never modded in borderlands 1 and no that I'm use to brute force and gibbed, i am very confused... need to see a actual save how they do it. work my way up..if that makes sense to you..
Borderlands 1 has no encryption on it. So you don't need to use Bruteforce to mod Borderlands 1.
You will need the Newest Willowtree Borderlands 1 Editor. Link http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/release-willowtree.97753/ If you Request a YouTube I'll make one for you.

M

mrleprechaun23

Reaction score
Sin$
Not really sure where to post this. I'm new to Borderlands 1(no stranger to BL2 though, started backwards lol) and modding it(no DLC either). I downloaded Willow Tree from the start of this thread... Honestly can't figure out how this works and the Willow Tree seems incomplete, but like I said I am unfamiliar with this and could use some help or someone to point me in the right direction. 
By the way I'm assuming from what I have read and just how long the game has been out that most of the good stuff has already been patched. Just looking for something new to do if possible.

M

mrleprechaun23

Reaction score
Sin$
Actually never mind I guess. Willow Tree seems incomplete and unusable.

jblaze252

jblaze252

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
for everybody having trouble with willowtree. to actually start it up, after the main windows opens, you have to click the tree logo in the top left corner. thats where 'file, open, save' etc are located.

A Jewish Looter

A Jewish Looter

Reaction score
Sin$
im looking for you willow tree v2.0.0 beta 11r0r6
of if anyone has it please message me

Top Bottom
Login
Register