Sin$
WillowTree#
WillowTreeIcon.png

Latest version: Beta11
Download

Screenshots
-
(click for larger images)

WillowTree is a save editor for Borderlands which manipulates nearly every aspect of the stored data for any platform. This includes, but isn't limited to, weapons/items, quests, level, experience, echo logs, location, and backpack/bank space. WillowTree# is written in C# and uses the .NET 3.5 framework.
Requirements
- A PC, Xbox 360, and/or PS3 with a copy of Borderlands.
- The .NET 3.5 framework. (Not 2.0!)
- Windows XP, Vista, or 7.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does WillowTree work on ~platform~?
A: WillowTree# works for saves from the Xbox 360, PC, and PS3 versions of Borderlands.

Q: When I load my save I get an error. Help?
A: The most common reason for saves not loading is that you aren't far enough into the game. I'd suggest getting at least 3-4 quests done after you start the game before modding that particular save. Otherwise, I can't help. You can upload your save to a site such as mediafire or sendspace and sending it to me via PM or posting a link to it in this topic.

Q: I edited a weapon/item and it isn't showing up in-game. Why?
A: As of the 1.30 patch, Borderlands no longer accepts "invalid" weapons and items. They simply will not show up when you start your game. If you're sure the gun is valid, make sure you entered/copied it correctly. If you're on a version of Borderlands prior to 1.30, then you probably didn't hit "Save Changes" after editing your gun.

Q: Wait, how do I even open my save?
A: Click on the WillowTree icon in the top left corner. It glows when you scroll over it. Then click "Open".

Q: Why does Borderlands crash when I edit it with WillowTree?
A: WillowTree# is often...buggy, particularly when dealing with DLC data. If you are on an old version of Borderlands, update. If you have weapons in your Moxxi bank, take them out.
If you have no items in your bank, put some in. You could also try using an older version of WillowTree#. Just make sure to backup your saves! WillowTree does it automatically when you hit "Save", but you should always keep your own backups!

Q: How do I open a 'zip'? How do I download '.NET 3.5'?
A: While you obviously aren't capable of doing any real modding, try Google. You know, that place?

Q: I downloaded WillowTree 1.2.2 and it keeps messing up my save. Why?
A: You're on an ancient version of WillowTree. Get WillowTree#, as it has DLC support.

Q: Where can I find premade weapons and items?
A: The Borderlands Modding Resource and the ZeroSubstance Borderlands Weapon & Item Database are excellent places to find what you want.

Q: i hate Willowtree it sucks because people join my game and crash it or blow up everything f u man
A: That's nice, but I didn't make WillowTree# for that purpose. WillowTree# is only meant to help people understand how Borderlands operates and to enhance their gameplay after they've finished the game. If someone uses it to ruin the game for others, it isn't my fault. I don't control how people use my tool.

Q: yea well you shouldnt have made it in the first place
A: Yeah? No. If I didn't, someone else would have. Oh wait, someone did! If not WillowTree, then Gibbed's editor. If not Gibbed's editor, then someone else. People are inherently jerks. Even if there would still be people ruining your experience. You know, like those people that whore all the loot? The kids that never shut their mouths? The trolls? The level 61's that join your level 1 game and obliterate everything? The only difference is how they go about being *******s.

Q: I would like to contribute to WillowTree#'s development. How might I go about this?
A: You can grab the latest sources for WillowTree# here. The current objectives for the project itself can be found here.

Tutorials & Resources
- ducanfogg's Gear Calculator (Useful for creating guns from scrach)
- tRu3_sKiTz0's WillowTree# 101 Tutorial
- dropKAG's WillowTree# Tutorials
- All previous versions of WillowTree#
- WillowTree 1.2.2 (Outdated! Do not use on newer versions of Borderlands!)

Download & More Information
More information and the latest version of WillowTree# can be found at the WillowTree# project page on SourceForge.

I'm having troubles opening the program. Almost immeditely after I click the shortcut on my desktop, it pops open a message stating that WillowTree has stopped working..? Any ideas why this is occuring? And any ways to fix this..

X

XanderChaos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You didn't extract all of the files (just WillowTree#.exe, when you actually need the Data folder too), you tried to run WillowTree# from the zip, or you don't have .NET 3.5 or .NET 4.0.

imaRobot

imaRobot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You didn't extract all of the files (just WillowTree#.exe, when you actually need the Data folder too), you tried to run WillowTree# from the zip, or you don't have .NET 3.5 or .NET 4.0.

Alright, that makes since. Appreciate it man, I'll try again in a few.. Oh yeahh, how do I know which .NET I have..?

JackSchitt

JackSchitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Open IE put
Code:
javascript:alert(navigator.userAgent)
in the address bar. Then check the window. There should be something (among other infos) with at least .NET CLR 3.5 or .Net4.0 in it. Guess you'll figure out the rest.

D

Daelum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It might be the sav extractor I am using (USB Explorer 360) or it might be WillowTree beta11, but my savs keep becoming corrupt. I can tell two ways:
1. When I got to System Settings->Memory->USB->Willowtree, it shows my savs with a little happy tiger for the pic instead of the Borderlands sign
2. My game freezes when I try to load the characters from the usb

I think it might be the beta 11 cause I tried modding them again with Beta10v13 and they worked, so ya...

P

player8410

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm running into a problem that I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me how to fix . I'm trying to mod my xbox file for borderlands (I use WT a lot on the PC and love it by the way...thanks to xander ,jack and others for putting it out there). I copy my file to usb using xbox utility, extract it to the pc using xtaf , save a backup copy, try to open the extracted file in WT and kaboom, WT crashes. WT works fine with PC saves, only problem is with the extracted xbox save. I can upload the extracted file into willow shrubbery or the shrubbery glitch fixer, just will not load into WT directly . After shrubbery glitch fixer returns file it does load into WT. Not sure what is going on here. When this kind of thing happens to me it almost invariably turns out that I'm overlooking something obvious. Thanks to any who help.

D

Daelum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm running into a problem that I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me how to fix . I'm trying to mod my xbox file for borderlands (I use WT a lot on the PC and love it by the way...thanks to xander ,jack and others for putting it out there). I copy my file to usb using xbox utility, extract it to the pc using xtaf , save a backup copy, try to open the extracted file in WT and kaboom, WT crashes. WT works fine with PC saves, only problem is with the extracted xbox save. I can upload the extracted file into willow shrubbery or the shrubbery glitch fixer, just will not load into WT directly . After shrubbery glitch fixer returns file it does load into WT. Not sure what is going on here. When this kind of thing happens to me it almost invariably turns out that I'm overlooking something obvious. Thanks to any who help.

You might just have to keep using Willow Shrubbery. If you get tired of that, try using a different extracting program, like Modio or whatever you can find.

C

Curvy

Reaction score
Sin$
hi may i know whats the Max skill level that i can edit in willowtree before the savegame becomes corrupt? Saw an old youtube vid around this forum of someone having 999 skill level for hunter and yeah i wanna try how much XP Craw's gonna give if i had 999 Smirk skii lvl heh...... Thx for any advice!

D

Daelum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What are you talking about? Like, Skills on the Skill Tree? The value for those? It usually goes up to 5, I didn't know it worked if you put it past that :/

C

Curvy

Reaction score
Sin$
What are you talking about? Like, Skills on the Skill Tree? The value for those? It usually goes up to 5, I didn't know it worked if you put it past that :/

Yeah im referring to the skills on the skill tree. This is an old post dated somewhere ard May take a look at the vids that hunter's got like 999 Skill level on some of his skills and it looks awesome. i dunno if its still doable and i cant find a guide on it. Seems damn fun :lol:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/213686-ultimate-hacking-borderlands/page__st__40s

D

Daelum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
holy crap that guy's accent is hecka annoying.

Anyways, they don't work anymore because he was talking about using a very low level of gravity and having a level 9 million character so ya, sorry, that was before the 1.3 Patch

X

XanderChaos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That's the PC version. You can't go past level 5 without memory editing. You'd need a JTAG and an understanding of memory editing on the 360 to pull it off. It has nothing to do with the 1.3 patch.

X

XanderChaos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, pretty much. The only place were there's still space to explore is the PC version. Not that playing the game isn't fun, but in terms of modding I think that pretty much any useful/fun combination of parts has been figured out and used to excess. Oh well, not going to stop me from finishing the final version of WT#.

D

Daelum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Final version? Why are you going to stop? Is it cause you think Borderlands is going to stop?

X

XanderChaos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No, because I went back and rewrote the code that decompiles/recompiles your saves and I've perfected it (or so I've seen from my tests). If WillowTree# stops having a heart attack on every other person's save, then there won't be much more left that I can do. Not that a few little things wouldn't be included in the final version too.

w0lfschild

w0lfschild

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, pretty much. The only place were there's still space to explore is the PC version. Not that playing the game isn't fun, but in terms of modding I think that pretty much any useful/fun combination of parts has been figured out and used to excess. Oh well, not going to stop me from finishing the final version of WT#.

This = The Truth

D

Daelum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No, because I went back and rewrote the code that decompiles/recompiles your saves and I've perfected it (or so I've seen from my tests). If WillowTree# stops having a heart attack on every other person's save, then there won't be much more left that I can do. Not that a few little things wouldn't be included in the final version too.

Oh, that makes sense. You would make a newer version if another DLC came out, right?

And you could you possibly include the New-U character color changing stuff from WT 1.2?

X

XanderChaos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh, that makes sense. You would make a newer version if another DLC came out, right?

And you could you possibly include the New-U character color changing stuff from WT 1.2?
Yes and yes.

D

Daelum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yay! Thank you! You should make it like WillowTree# Ultimate or something and just put every working WillowTree feature in it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register