Sin$
[Release] WillowTree v1.2.2

WillowTree#
WillowTreeIcon.png

Download latest versions here

Screenshots
-
(click for larger images)

WillowTree is a save editor for Borderlands which manipulates nearly every aspect of the stored data for any platform. This includes, but isn't limited to, weapons/items, quests, level, experience, echo logs, location, and backpack/bank space. WillowTree# is written in C# and uses the .NET 3.5 framework.
Requirements
- A PC, Xbox 360, and/or PS3 with a copy of Borderlands.
- The .NET 3.5 framework. (Not 2.0!)
- Windows XP, Vista, or 7.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does WillowTree work on ~platform~?
A: WillowTree# works for saves from the Xbox 360, PC, and PS3 versions of Borderlands.

Q: When I load my save I get an error. Help?
A: The most common reason for saves not loading is that you aren't far enough into the game. I'd suggest getting at least 3-4 quests done after you start the game before modding that particular save. Otherwise, I can't help. You can upload your save to a site such as mediafire or sendspace and sending it to me via PM or posting a link to it in this topic.

Q: I edited a weapon/item and it isn't showing up in-game. Why?
A: As of the 1.30 patch, Borderlands no longer accepts "invalid" weapons and items. They simply will not show up when you start your game. If you're sure the gun is valid, make sure you entered/copied it correctly. If you're on a version of Borderlands prior to 1.30, then you probably didn't hit "Save Changes" after editing your gun.

Q: Wait, how do I even open my save?
A: Click on the WillowTree icon in the top left corner. It glows when you scroll over it. Then click "Open".

Q: Why does Borderlands crash when I edit it with WillowTree?
A: WillowTree# is often...buggy, particularly when dealing with DLC data. If you are on an old version of Borderlands, update. If you have weapons in your Moxxi bank, take them out.
If you have no items in your bank, put some in. You could also try using an older version of WillowTree#. Just make sure to backup your saves! WillowTree does it automatically when you hit "Save", but you should always keep your own backups!

Q: How do I open a 'zip'? How do I download '.NET 3.5'?
A: While you obviously aren't capable of doing any real modding, try Google. You know, that place?

Q: I downloaded WillowTree 1.2.2 and it keeps messing up my save. Why?
A: You're on an ancient version of WillowTree. Get WillowTree#, as it has DLC support.

Q: Where can I find premade weapons and items?
A: The Borderlands Modding Resource and the ZeroSubstance Borderlands Weapon & Item Database are excellent places to find what you want.

Q: i hate Willowtree it sucks because people join my game and crash it or blow up everything f u man
A: That's nice, but I didn't make WillowTree# for that purpose. WillowTree# is only meant to help people understand how Borderlands operates and to enhance their gameplay after they've finished the game. If someone uses it to ruin the game for others, it isn't my fault. I don't control how people use my tool.

Q: yea well you shouldnt have made it in the first place
A: Yeah? No. If I didn't, someone else would have. Oh wait, someone did! If not WillowTree, then Gibbed's editor. If not Gibbed's editor, then someone else. People are inherently jerks. Even if there would still be people ruining your experience. You know, like those people that whore all the loot? The kids that never shut their mouths? The trolls? The level 61's that join your level 1 game and obliterate everything? The only difference is how they go about being *******s.

Q: I would like to contribute to WillowTree#'s development. How might I go about this?
A: You can grab the latest sources for WillowTree# here. The current objectives for the project itself can be found here.

Tutorials & Resources
- ducanfogg's Gear Calculator (Useful for creating guns from scrach)
- tRu3_sKiTz0's WillowTree# 101 Tutorial
- dropKAG's WillowTree# Tutorials
- All previous versions of WillowTree#
- WillowTree 1.2.2 (Outdated! Do not use on newer versions of Borderlands!)

Download & More Information
More information and the latest version of WillowTree# can be found at the WillowTree# project page on SourceForge.

M

MountaindewM

Reaction score
Sin$
Sweet program you got here. So will it allow me to change the file size of my save? That so far is my only problem with hexing my own save is not knowing how to fix that.

X

XanderChaos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It fixes the size in the file table automatically, along with all of the string lengths.

M

MountaindewM

Reaction score
Sin$
*evil laugh*

Now to have some real fun. Don't have to switch parts back and forth and try to find new weapons to try new things with. Started to get annoying after a while. Seems to me using a support gunner mag for weapons seems to be awesome...unless of course you got a weapon with like 10000x burst fire since I had a shotgun with 24 round clip but if it had that than that'd be to much firing.

There a list of commands and what not or a list of what type of guns have the best parts? Since I know putting a combat shotgun's barrel on the eridian cannon makes it's damage go up by like 15% or something.

D

Dylbot

Reaction score
Sin$
I can report that this is working with PC saves. For weapon editing, this is much better than Gibbed's tool, and a world away from hex editing.
On a side note, for those that are interested, I'm currently building a database of weapon parts and their effects on weapon stats. Should have something to show in a couple of days or so.

X

XanderChaos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll be damned. I could have sworn that PC save editing was buggy as hell.

O

ODST DUTCH

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
any chance of a tut or sumthing for this as its not entirely obvious how to use it.thanks.

Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The download link takes me to a Blank untitled tab and nothing happens, maybe you can make a mirror?

G

grimey

Reaction score
Sin$
My main save size is 588 KB (602,112 bytes) and no matter what I do Willow Tree dies after loading 75% of the file, but for the smaller save files I have it works like a champ. Just thought you might want a heads up.

T

turk645

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Dylbot said:
I can report that this is working with PC saves. For weapon editing, this is much better than Gibbed's tool, and a world away from hex editing.
On a side note, for those that are interested, I'm currently building a database of weapon parts and their effects on weapon stats. Should have something to show in a couple of days or so.

If you are trying to build a database of parts you need to remember one thing, set all the guns to the same grade when testing. Item grade effects the parts greatly so i suggest doing a grade 0 compair between parts and just figure out the increase formula.

W

weednbucket

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
great work Xander :thumbup:
here is the mirror <_<
Code:
http://dumpmy.info/files/0UOLXXK2/au02xs8j0rocsip9.rar
now time to modify a single weapon. hex editing was so confusing. this will help a lot. :wink:

Lewie4

Lewie4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
weednbucket said:
great work Xander :thumbup:
here is the mirror <_<
Code:
http://dumpmy.info/files/0UOLXXK2/au02xs8j0rocsip9.rar
now time to modify a single weapon. hex editing was so confusing. this will help a lot. :wink:

Theres no download button?

Edit: found it

D

Dylbot

Reaction score
Sin$
turk645 said:
If you are trying to build a database of parts you need to remember one thing, set all the guns to the same grade when testing. Item grade effects the parts greatly so i suggest doing a grade 0 compair between parts and just figure out the increase formula.

That's what I'm doing, except I'm using grade 5 because it shows the biggest differences (and therefore allows for more accurate calculation). I'm thinking of knocking up a wiki later with all the parts listed, so that others can join in, because this is taking bloody ages.

I'm also guessing that a gun with no parts (i.e. an invisible gun) is representative of a gun with base stats?

W

weednbucket

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yes there is.. rapidshare, megaupload, depositfiles, easy share, mega share

just click on any of those download links. its a multiupload site. i upload my file to dumpmyinfo and it uploads to 10 other sites like rapidshare/megaupload.

X

XanderChaos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
grimey said:
My main save size is 588 KB (602,112 bytes) and no matter what I do Willow Tree dies after loading 75% of the file, but for the smaller save files I have it works like a champ. Just thought you might want a heads up.

I didn't think anyone had saves that big. I'm guessing you have an absurd number of items in your invintory. I guess I'll add hash block checks to the app.

T

turk645

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Dylbot said:
That's what I'm doing, except I'm using grade 5 because it shows the biggest differences (and therefore allows for more accurate calculation). I'm thinking of knocking up a wiki later with all the parts listed, so that others can join in, because this is taking bloody ages.

I'm also guessing that a gun with no parts (i.e. an invisible gun) is representative of a gun with base stats?

:tongue: i think cause that is what i did as well. I do have a list of every gun part in the game as well, just not all the stats behind them.

Psycho Homer

Psycho Homer

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Dylbot said:
Have you even tried the newest version ofGibbed's editor or RCW's mod?

D

Dylbot

Reaction score
Sin$
I tried Rev 10 of Gibbed's editor, and I don't know about RCW's mod. Personally I think the tree view makes it much simpler to edit gun parts, although Gibbed's editor lets you dupe guns. I'm not after modding the character, so the other stuff doesn't bother me.

Top Bottom
Login
Register