• Thread starter ForrrestMaster
  • Start date
  • Views 70,097
O

okipanoki

Reaction score
Sin$
21. Then input 1 again.
i got up to here with no problems. but it says "these are your options" (or something of that nature) and then it says "<disabled> option 1, option 2, etc."
So i type in "1" and hit enter and it says "not a valid option". any ideas!

X

xbnubi

Reaction score
Sin$
Trying to get a clarification about the EEPROM, and how it relates to a factory HD.

From what I've read in this post and others, the factory HD has the EEPROM somehow embedded into it in a way that is not effected by re-formatting the HD with these tools.

Is this correct?

M

Mikespartan114

Reaction score
Sin$
ok i did all the steps up untill booting the pc with the Linux.iso disk. i have the disk in and the computer primary boot on the cd drive and it tells me that insert bootable .something something.. and reboot. my computer is not booting with the disk for some reson, if you have any sugestions they would be great cuse i realy want to mod halo2

David5534

David5534

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Mikespartan114 said:
ok i did all the steps up untill booting the pc with the Linux.iso disk. i have the disk in and the computer primary boot on the cd drive and it tells me that insert bootable .something something.. and reboot. my computer is not booting with the disk for some reson, if you have any sugestions they would be great cuse i realy want to mod halo2
Did you burn the disk with an iso burning program like clone cd?

M

matthewYEE

Reaction score
Sin$
hey everyone, just wondering: how long should this reformatting process take? thanks

David5534

David5534

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
matthewYEE said:
hey everyone, just wondering: how long should this reformatting process take? thanks
Once you make the disk it should only take like 10 - 15 minutes as long as you don't run into problems.

M

matthewYEE

Reaction score
Sin$
alright cool, thanks. sometimes I think it freezes when building the C. (I'll have to wait longer) and sometimes after it builds the C an error comes up when it tries to build the E drive. I'll try it again

caaleb

caaleb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, mine says that the hdd is locked when I try to reformat it. Will it harm anything if I continue the process even though its still locked? Please respond. :smile:

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
Sin$
Bringing dead thread back to life...

Anyway, if anyone knows why it won't let me enter xboxhd and tell me how to fix the problem, it would be nice.

M

MrHitchaDome21

Reaction score
Sin$
i have an og xbox that hasnt been modded i opened it up today for sh*ts and gigs because i had an extra hdd laying around and wanted to upgrade my hdd to a bigger size i unplugged my ide cable with the console powered off just to see if it would fit the new hdd and then plugged it back into the old stock seagates 6gb hdd then powered it back on and got error message 1 i tried restarting it while moving the ide cable and it would start up it would just take awhile then it would freeze so i figured maybe if i replaced the ide cable it would solve my problem so i bucked an old pc from my uncle and used the ide off of it and no more having to hold it a certain way to not get the error code 1 on boot up but it still blows cause it still boots up slow then i get to the main screen and it lags then i click on music or whatever and i get error code 21 idk if the hdd has just died or if some boot up files just disappeared when i unplugged the ide its not making a loud ticking sound or anything ive heard of people having this issue with the softmod but mine isnt modded and it ran great before i unplugged the ide ive been kicking myself in the arse allnight cause of this plz tell me theres a way to fix the original hdd or to atleast build the new hdd to work on my xbox or worse casinario if it will work ill order an original xbox factory hdd on amazon or ebay i just got this xbox 2 months ago and id hate for it to be a loss

F

Freakin296

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi there!

I'm trying to bring back life in my old Xbox Original, but it has a error 21 message in the screen.
I'd like to reinstall a new fresh Dash, but at the moment I'm stuck at the 'make-iso-win.bat' file. It doesn't seem to work on Windows 10. Is there another way to create the right kind of .iso file? And is it possible to burn it on a DVD? Or does it has to be a CD-R?

I hope someone still reads these threads and answers new questions.

Thanks anyone!!!

Top Bottom
Login
Register