• Views 355,790
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
Just got my downgraded ps3, installed Rogero 4.50 spoofed to 4.55. All working smooth!

Thanks Reaper & Wolf :smile:

Glad that everything is running smoothly for you! Let us know if you have anymore questions or issues! :biggrin:

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
Updated the tools download section with all of current Flash Tools to patch your dumps. Hope this helps everyone out that was looking for the right Flash tool. Also added Enstone's CCAPI v2.50 which is now compatible with 4.55 CFW's :biggrin:

Last edited:
Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
***UPDATED***
Added Rebug 999 Downgrader to the downloads since people were having a hard time finding the actual Rebug links.

deltaN9NE420

deltaN9NE420

the anti-grammer nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
hey hows it goin? i just jailbroke my slim ps3 and flashed it to rogero 4.55. i am trying to install multiman but every time i try to load it from the games menu after installing it just goes to a black screen and nothing else till i restart. i have tried many different downloads of multiman from a bunch of sites but i get the same black screen every time what am i doing wrong? please help

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
hey hows it goin? i just jailbroke my slim ps3 and flashed it to rogero 4.55. i am trying to install multiman but every time i try to load it from the games menu after installing it just goes to a black screen and nothing else till i restart. i have tried many different downloads of multiman from a bunch of sites but i get the same black screen every time what am i doing wrong? please help

You installed multiMan 4.55 BASE CEX right? If not then download it from the 1st page of this thread and try it. If it doesn't work please let me know and I will help you troubleshoot further :smile:

deltaN9NE420

deltaN9NE420

the anti-grammer nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
yes ive tried the base version from this thread and others as well as a full version i found and everything leads to the black screen

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
yes ive tried the base version from this thread and others as well as a full version i found and everything leads to the black screen

Alright, first question: Have you tried running a disc in your blu ray player since you did the downgrade and Jailbreak? If not then please do that now and see if it reads the disc. If you have and it worked then go ahead and skip this. If it does NOT read the disc then your blu ray drive is either not connected properly ie: ribbon cables are not in all the way or the drive itself has gone out, either the board inside or the lazer.
Second try running another app like Black Box FTF or PS Ninja and see if that takes you to a black screen as well.

deltaN9NE420

deltaN9NE420

the anti-grammer nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
i didn't have to downgrade as it was on 3.01 when i got it from a friend. so i installed 3.55 ofw then installed rogero 4.55. the drive is kinda ify but it let me do the 3.55 ofw so it should be working or at least the board but i dont have any actual ps3 games or blue ray discs so i cant test it fully. it does pull in a duel layer dvd but doesent give any indication that its loaded or anything. i will try to load another app now

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
i didn't have to downgrade as it was on 3.01 when i got it from a friend. so i installed 3.55 ofw then installed rogero 4.55. the drive is kinda ify but it let me do the 3.55 ofw so it should be working or at least the board but i dont have any actual ps3 games or blue ray discs so i cant test it fully. it does pull in a duel layer dvd but doesent give any indication that its loaded or anything. i will try to load another app now

Alright, yeah if you can try a DVD or something to see if it is reading the disc definitely do it. The point of doing this is to see if the drive is functional, if its not then that is your problem on why you keep getting the black screen :wink: and is an easy fix, just get an unlocked blu ray drive off of eBay and boom! good as new!

deltaN9NE420

deltaN9NE420

the anti-grammer nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah same black screen with black box ftp. lame. im gunna try to clean the laser. thanx a lot

does it have to have a disk in the drive to load homebrew?

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah same black screen with black box ftp. lame. im gunna try to clean the laser. thanx a lot

does it have to have a disk in the drive to load homebrew?

No there does not have to be a disc in the drive, the drive just needs to be 100% functional to load up the homebrew. I would double check the ribbon cables on the drive to ensure they are all connected properly, if it still is giving you a black screen then you will need to replace the drive.

deltaN9NE420

deltaN9NE420

the anti-grammer nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
i bought a new ribbon that goes between the mobo and blue ray drive and im pretty sure they it is connected correctly. ill check the ones inside the drive, i got this console from a friend and it had been torn apart and abused HARD before i got it. the drive makes noise when i turn the console on and it sucks the disk in so it does have some functionality

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
i bought a new ribbon that goes between the mobo and blue ray drive and im pretty sure they it is connected correctly. ill check the ones inside the drive, i got this console from a friend and it had been torn apart and abused HARD before i got it. the drive makes noise when i turn the console on and it sucks the disk in so it does have some functionality

Alright yeah just let me know how it goes, if you need me to, I can find you an unlocked blu ray drive so you can replace it :smile:

deltaN9NE420

deltaN9NE420

the anti-grammer nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
i found a couple but im really not trying to spend $70 more on this POS. do you think replacing the laser would help?

deltaN9NE420

deltaN9NE420

the anti-grammer nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
hahaha i messed with the drive enough to get a dvd to show up and immediately went over to multiman and it worked. yay!!!

deltaN9NE420

deltaN9NE420

the anti-grammer nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
is 2.6mb/sec a normal speed for transferring with fillzilla to the ps3 or is it lower because im on wireless? i use filezilla with my jtag and it runs at 13mb/sec on a wired connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register