• Wait a while for more games

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
S

SilentWalrus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I finally have enough cash on hand to purchase a Playstation 4, but my question is, is it currently worth it? Are there enough immersive games to warrant buying the system, or do I wait until more worthwhile games are released? If there are games worth buying in the console's current repertoire please make some suggestions :smile:

B

byron hood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I had xbox one from launch and bought a ps4 a month ago I've played my ps4 about 5 times but that's because I have every game on xbox one so don't want to re buy them for ps4, in short if I didn't have my xbox one I'd probably have them games for my ps4 :smile: so worth buying imo

Wolf

Wolf

Zombies :D
Retired
Sinner 7th Anniversary Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Just being honest, I don't think any of the current generation consoles are worth it. They all have so much potential they could output it's not even funny, but yet they're wasting it on silly releases. Yet the only good thing right now about PS is Now, which streams games. The open beta actually starts on the 31st this month, so that's something to look forward to. As long as you have time, you can check out the thread I made about the best games (in my opinion) for the console.
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/new-to-ps4-check-out-these-titles.1157972/

Jett311

Jett311

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you got the money, and you saved up specially for the PS4, then just get it. You won't be disappointed. Launches for new consoles have been slow since the begining of time. Only a couple of good games with some silly games. After the first year they start banging out games that blow our minds. Heres a perfect example:

COD 3 - PS3 - 2006

CoD3.jpg

Black Ops 2 - PS3 - 2012

cod7.jpg

And now we got to test Destiny in Alpha Ourselves (ps4 only) and it is unbelievable beautiful. So, long story short.... it is worth it :smile:

ReSuReKtZ

ReSuReKtZ

Mythical Veteran Chatty Kathy Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
If you got the money, and you saved up specially for the PS4, then just get it. You won't be disappointed. Launches for new consoles have been slow since the begining of time. Only a couple of good games with some silly games. After the first year they start banging out games that blow our minds. Heres a perfect example:

COD 3 - PS3 - 2006

CoD3.jpg

Black Ops 2 - PS3 - 2012

cod7.jpg

And now we got to test Destiny in Alpha Ourselves (ps4 only) and it is unbelievable beautiful. So, long story short.... it is worth it :smile:
destiny was amazing, i after the alpha i sold my ps4 and preordered the white one. lol

Richard M Nixon

Richard M Nixon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Buy it! Playstation 4 is where it's at this generation. Sony is determined to win this round after the mediocre PS3. We've had such treats as the Hardline beta and Destiny alpha. Free to plays like Warframe and Blacklight. Planetside 2 around the corner, another f2p game. Plenty to keep you busy until H1Z1 arrives. :thumbsup:

So in short, buy it sooner than later? Destiny beta early access starts soon....

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Are there enough immersive games to warrant buying the system, or do I wait until more worthwhile games are released?

That's really up to you to decide. Do any of the exclusives peek your interest?

BASlC

BASlC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wait until January or so. You'll save more cash and miss out on very little PS+ Deals. Bunch of Indie 8bit crappers if you ask me.

destiny was amazing, i after the alpha i sold my ps4 and preordered the white one. lol

How will you play the BETA then friend?

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!!

buy the white one :smile: 
Dont need to play the beta after playing the alpha(; im not worried about it. i have my pc to keep me busy till sept.

the beta contains new stuff :biggrin:
also....... if u play the beta on june 26th u will get a emblem in the full game

jhitman

jhitman

Thanks DirtyBear for the premium!
Reaction score
Sin$
Im on the same boat. I have an X1 but i use the 360 more. Now im considering getting a PS4 for the bedroom (both xbox is in living room). Since the wife and daughter use the big tv more than i do, i gotta have me some quiet time. Ive always used the PS3 for Netflix and Blu-ray but that's irrelevant now. As for exclusives, im not sure if theyre enticing enough. I just feel like i want to own it for the sake of owning it lol.

PS- white PS4 looks ugly. Ill stick to black.

Didier

Didier

FIFA Franchise
Grizzled Veteran Programmer Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
If you can afford it then buy it but just don't have any high expectations it really isn't that much of a step up IMO but it's next gen so you're eventually going to have move over to it.... So it's probably just better getting it now while u can afford it

I was previously a 360 user and the 1 thing that really annoys me about the PS4 is the free stuff with your PSN membership. It's almost like you're being punished for having the next gen.

Last month or the month before is a perfect example - PS3 get NBA 2K14 - PS4 get some ****** arcade game :/

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Reaction score
Sin$
If you can afford it then buy it but just don't have any high expectations it really isn't that much of a step up IMO but it's next gen so you're eventually going to have move over to it.... So it's probably just better getting it now while u can afford it

I was previously a 360 user and the 1 thing that really annoys me about the PS4 is the free stuff with your PSN membership. It's almost like you're being punished for having the next gen.

Last month or the month before is a perfect example - PS3 get NBA 2K14 - PS4 get some ****** arcade game :/

they cant give out killzone, its still new.
EVERYTHING IS NEW.
also cuz there is some of those games in bundles.

just wait and they will give u good ****

Didier

Didier

FIFA Franchise
Reaction score
Sin$
they cant give out killzone, its still new.
EVERYTHING IS NEW.
also cuz there is some of those games in bundles.

just wait and they will give u good ****
I don't expect games like killzone but I just don't think they should give games free to PS3 users that PS4 users could also have

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't expect games like killzone but I just don't think they should give games free to PS3 users that PS4 users could also have

what ?
if the game is out for both ps3 and ps4 and if ps3 gets it..... then we do too.

(for an example look at doki dori (that ps vita game))

Didier

Didier

FIFA Franchise
Reaction score
Sin$
what ?
if the game is out for both ps3 and ps4 and if ps3 gets it..... then we do too.

(for an example look at doki dori (that ps vita game))
NBA 2K14 was a month or 2 back we didn't get that only PS3 users did

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
NBA 2K14 was a month or 2 back we didn't get that only PS3 users did

You have to realize the PS3 is 8 years old and a lot of the "good" games they are giving away are at least a year old. When the PS4 hits the 1-2 year mark we'll start seeing less "indie", arcade titles.

F

ForeverxGhosty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I finally have enough cash on hand to purchase a Playstation 4, but my question is, is it currently worth it? Are there enough immersive games to warrant buying the system, or do I wait until more worthwhile games are released? If there are games worth buying in the console's current repertoire please make some suggestions :smile:
I have both next-gen consoles and I originally got Xbox One First however I have noticed after buying the PlayStation 4 it is a lot more stable than the Xbox One in terms to better resolution, frame rates and a overall better experience. The gameplay is much more fluent and runs a lot better than Xbox One IMO. But there aren't any games out for neither next-gen consoles which makes it hard to have fun on both consoles but I would still get because I have a feeling that its going to be epic for consoles this Fall and Winter.

Top Bottom
Login
Register