- Thermal Paste

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Fluxing PS3 BGA's+ Clamp Bending!
Seeing as the newer slims do not get YLOD, I have not included video for slim YLOD fixes because they do not get them. All credit to Gilksy. Use this at your own risk. Have the money? Buy a slim and save yourself the trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Enckem

VIP
VIP
Retired
MotM Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
I would like to warn the people who think that the Hair Dryer fix is cheaper and easier than this:

Although it is cheaper and easier, the 'Hair Dryer fix' is not a definite fix, it is a temporary fix.
The solders used on the circuit boards only melt at 250-300 degrees, so the only way to actually melt them and re-solder them is with a heat gun, and the only way you can be 100% sure you will fix it is by following this guide, or by sending it in for repair (If they don't charge you more than they would charge you for a new PS3).

P

pippin48

Reaction score
Sin$
Also, be VERY careful with heatguns around electrical boards, they weren't made to do that, they are just being used for the job

Gnarles

Gnarles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmm, I was surprised this works. I did not think that heating the chips for only 15-20 seconds would work. However, it did for me.

Now I just have to properly downgrade this thing. <_<

V

-vietboi155-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
heat gun :o be careful using this method. i do not know much about ps3s but for xboxs that makes the chip in a much worse condition

D

dan9281

Reaction score
Sin$
hi thanks, this worked the only problem is none of the usb ports dont work which means i cant sync the controller?

Any help please??

p.s controller did not come with ps3

sand1303

sand1303

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i was at a goodwill the other day and they had a **** ton of fat xbox's with rrod. all marked not working/rrod. they are just stacked up for 10 dollars a pop.they also had a fat ps3 and a slim ps3 fat said ylod slim said works/no video. so i grabbed the slim. is the glod the exact same fix as the ylod? i took the clamps off bent them slightly and put artic silver but no go with video still

sand1303

sand1303

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i was at a goodwill the other day and they had a **** ton of fat xbox's with rrod. all marked not working/rrod. they are just stacked up for 10 dollars a pop.they also had a fat ps3 and a slim ps3 fat said ylod slim said works/no video. so i grabbed the slim. is the glod the exact same fix as the ylod? i took the clamps off bent them slightly and put artic silver but no go with video still

haha, i did the exact same thing. got a slim 2001a said the exact same thing at goodwill.

works-no video

it was 30 and it had a 160 gig hard drive in it so i was more than happy to gamble on it. i took it all apart and re heated everything put artic silver on when i turned it back on same thing. i think when this happens the gpu is gone. it still sits under my desk next to the rrod xbox i have. i was able to fix the xenon xbox my bud gave me using this method though.

turdbundy

turdbundy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
USE A LITTLE TOASTER OVEN! 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Open the door and let it air out for an hour. It's never failed me.

Top Bottom
Login
Register