Sin$
How to do the prestige glitch on Black Ops 1.02 to 1.13

What you will need:

1) A PS3 on firmware 3.41 or 3.55.
2) A PS3 on firmware 4.10 or 4.11.
3) An Ethernet cable to data transfer.
4) A buddy to switch lobbies.

Written tutorial:

1) Go here and download the 1.02 and the 1.13 update for Black Ops. (Pick your region).
2) Put the 1.02 and the 1.13 update that you downloaded on a USB flash drive and plug it into your 3.41 or 3.55 PS3.
3) Plug your USB flash drive into your PS3 and install only the 1.13 update and go on your FTP sever.
4) Navigate to hdd0>game>BLUS30591(Or whatever region you are using)>USRDIR and copy the t5mp_ps3f.self to your desktop.
5) Quit the FTP server on your PS3 and delete the 1.13 update for Black Ops and install the 1.02 update for Black Ops.
6) Start up your FTP server again and navigate to hdd0>game>BLUS30591(Or whatever region you are using)>USRDIR and overwrite the 1.02 t5mp_ps3f.self with the 1.13 update for Black Ops that was on you desktop.
7) Quit the FTP server and data transfer from your 3.41 or 3.55 PS3 to your 4.10 or 4.11 PS3 using an Ethernet cable.
8) After the data transfer has been complete, you can remove your Ethernet cable from both of your PS3s' then you will need to go to your network settings on your 4.10 or 4.11 PS3 and it will ask you to pick easy or custom. Pick custom and scroll to the right until you get to the proxy settings and enable proxy server, then set the IP Address to patch.bz and set the port to 8080, then save changes.
9) Start up Black Ops and go to multipalyer. (If you ever played Black Ops on your account, you will get a message saying your stats have been reset, which is correct, because they do get reset in order to do the prestige glitch).
10) Start up combat training on any map (Preferable Nuketown).
11) Play until you get to level 50 :mad: and have the prestige mode unlocked.
12) Have a buddy invite you to a player match and then got to Playercard>Leaderboards, then click right and hover over "Just show me the Leaderboards already".
13) Get you buddy to switch the lobby to combat training and then click X and then click O until you are back at your playercard.
14) Click prestige mode ONE TIME (If you prestige right away, you will be 1st prestige in combat training and have to get to level 50 again, so pay attention to that).
15) Have your friend simply switch back to player and then enter prestige.:biggrin:
16) Repeat these steps until you get to your desire prestige. Once you get to your desire prestige, go into a pre-game lobby to make sure your prestige sticks, (Or else it might bring you back one prestige after you quit the game).
17) Quit the game, then delete the Black Ops update, then take off the patch blocker.
18) Download the 1.13 update.
Note: If you PS3 freezes after step 9, just restart your PS3. You don't have to do any of the previous steps.

Here is a video on how to do it. (I would record, but I don't have the certain cables for my PS3 to use on my Roxio Game Capture).

Video:

This glitch was found by Redsox95 on NextGenUpdate.

MaZaRaTiMoDz

MaZaRaTiMoDz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the method <3

its long but works..

I'm sure it requires a Jail break , thats why I wont try it on my brothers PS3

I will do it when I buy a PS3 for me next salary i hope.

any one knows if Dll still work on BO ?

I didn't know about BO dlls until yesterday .. ahh

Top Bottom
Login
Register