• Start date
  • Views 2,848
Z

Zone 117

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok I'm sick and tired of telling people this over and over and over.

Why H2C errors and how to fix it:
  • Vista sucks; it's extremely buggy, it's incredibly fat. Just because it looks shiny doesn't mean it's good. Halo 2 modding is not meant for Vista. The only trick to getting something to work is right clicking the exe and disabling desktop composition. If it doesn't work, oh well, discussion over, I'm not talking about it any more.
  • If you have less than 500 MB of ram, use a different computer that has it.
  • If you're computer meets the things stated above, yet it still errors, try this:
    • Delete your shared, single shared, mainmenu, your SP map, and your MP map. Then redownload them or get them from your disc. Don't tell me they are clean, just do it.
    • Delete all the files in your decompiled folder.
    • Change the decompiled file directory setting in H2C.
    • Re-install .Net Framework. Don't tell me you already have it, just do it.
Some last advice...
When you click build or decompile or anything in H2C it starts it. IT IS BUSY, it's trying to do something, if you start click sh*t a million times when it's busy of course it will freeze and error. Just leave it alone, don't click it anymore after you have started it. If it looks like it freezes, keep your damn pants on and don't touch it. Just let it finish.

C

C4rn4g3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok i did everything above EVERYTHING! But when i try to dcompile recursivly it just comes up with an error...any tips???

Upvote 0
K

killarzachary

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
C4rn4g3 said:
ok i did everything above EVERYTHING! But when i try to dcompile recursivly it just comes up with an error...any tips???

Make sure the tag your trying to decompile isn't corrupted.

Upvote 0
C

C4rn4g3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok yeah zone told me what my problem was yesterday but umm now i fixed the problem and now its in the rebiulerit just comes up with an error saying object referance is not set to an instance of an object...what does that mean or how do i fix it???

*EDIT*
53jo3ub.jpg

Upvote 0
R

Rhysschraedyr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Seems to be freezing in the sound tags, right?

Try not checking off looping sound when you rebuild.

Upvote 0
R

rocketnick1414

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, I get that problem too, is it the sounds? If I don't check any of the sound boxes, will i still have to find snd! and snd and all that stuff in the sbsp step after i re-compile it?

Upvote 0
N

NotZac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
that is just a bug with H2Core. nothing you can really do to fix it. =/

try another computer.

Upvote 0
Eaton

Eaton

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
H2 Core is the most poorly build application in my opinion. They really should have tested it to make sure it worked fine before releasing it, but I know that a map rebuilder is incredible hard to make so I really don't blame them. At least it CAN work. They should have released the source code so people could fix it up... Did they ever release it?

Upvote 0
Eaton

Eaton

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
ToF X RaMpAnT said:
i have little trouble modding on vista

Any program you have trouble with:

Either turn Aero off, or run the program with Desktop Composition disabled.

Upvote 0
M

MaNgO MadDnEsS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
what if the map that you edit with H2C/H2G gives a black screen and freezes on start? That's what happens with me and i have already tried this

Upvote 0
Eaton

Eaton

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
sk8slut said:
what if the map that you edit with H2C/H2G gives a black screen and freezes on start? That's what happens with me and i have already tried this

This application is so poorly coded. There is a small chance of success. There could be many reasons why it freezes.

Upvote 0
M

MaNgO MadDnEsS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well is there any fix or update coming out soon, or are the current versions final?

Upvote 0
L

LoLLeRo

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
They are final, i guess.

Their not making halo 2 modding tools anymore, not many at least.

Upvote 0
Eaton

Eaton

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
sk8slut said:
Well is there any fix or update coming out soon, or are the current versions final?

These tools came out at the beginning of 2007. I've personally talked to the authors and none of them have the source. Meaning no fix.

LoLLeRo said:
They are final, i guess.

Their not making halo 2 modding tools anymore, not many at least.

There are many tools in the works. A perfect sound tool was released just yesterday. I myself am working on something. Tools are being developed. Not as many as there were in the past, though.

Upvote 0
M

MaNgO MadDnEsS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Any idea when we'll have a tool that can add weather to a map without having to inject into gemeni (detox's)

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register