1. Want to help spread the Se7ensins cheer throughout the PC gaming community? Check out a little project one of our staff members is working on for CS:GO! More information concerning this can be found by clicking here.

Problem with Cain

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Bridging' started by Brad239, Jan 19, 2007 with 9 replies and 16,452 views.

1. Brad239

Brad239 Enthusiast

Hi,

I downloaded/installed Cain + the WinPcap driver, but when I go to open up Cain, I get the following message:

"Unable to open Winpcap driver: The system cannot find the device specified."

Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Krafty

Krafty I ♥ 김효연 Retired

Try reinstalling Cain

3. Brad239

Brad239 Enthusiast

I have tried re-installing a couple times and I still get the same error. After I installed Cain the first time, I didn't install the WinPcap driver that came with it, and it didn't work (previously I had winpcap 3.2 installed). Then I installed winpcap 4.0 or whatever the new one is that came with Cain, and it still didn't work, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Are there any other alternative methods of bridging with a router? I previously was going to go by the method posted here:
    http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/network-bridging-tutorials/31046-router-bridging-cain-abel-v4-zone-alarm-pro.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. SxL SnIpE 6

SxL SnIpE 6 Newbie

hey do i work cain??? i can bridge but i wanna learn how to team standby

5. ll HeRo II

ll HeRo II Newbie

im having the same problem..winpcap..omfg i hate it!!!

6. MinDistortion

MinDistortion Enthusiast

Go to Google then type in oxid.it and go down to cain and able, then scroll down it's the second link to download. Try that.

7. ll HeRo II

ll HeRo II Newbie

dude that dident work eee ther (dont know how to spell lol) and plus its not cain thats having problems ..its winpcap i think...and krafty is ignoring the 100 of us who are having this problem.. great :smile:

8. JxP

JxP Enthusiast

On cain, go to configure at the top
    click on the device with your ip address
    click apply
    then ok

Try that, if it doesnt work pm or add me on xbl
    JxP Oxide

9. jizzmaster69

jizzmaster69 Enthusiast

hey sxl snipe ill tell u how just pm me

10. xXDistortXx

xXDistortXx Contributor

Uninstall the WINPCAP drivers and Cain, restart and re-install, immediately installing the drivers

Cain doesnt standby, ZAP does...